The **Now Drinking** Thread

Soldato
dscf3159t.jpg

Hetzelsdorfer Bier. It's a decent Bavarian beer. Don't think it was very expensive, but it was nice with my dinner.

Associate
Nice seasonal tipple this time.

Rickard's Cardigan

2012-11-18204343.jpg

It's an autumn spiced lager, which is really rather quaffable. Shame I got the last 6 pack in The Beer Store.

Soldato
Put this in the Just Bought thread, but thought I'd cross post in here. Not drinking it yet (probably have it on the 28th (my birthday) or Christmas). Cost around £14.

Dry hopped with Saaz, Styrian Golding & Citra. It's 9.5% and 75cl in volume. Should be amazing, gets some fantastic reviews (though some do say it's a touch dry but I love that style).

dscf3161u.jpg

Soldato
I was going to buy a 750ml bottle of Innis And Gunn from Tesco earlier but couldn't bring myself to pay £3.75 for it. Expensive stuff.

Ended up with a £1.50 660ml bottle of Fosters to wash my madras down with.

Can anyone recommend a few Japanese beers? I noticed there were quite a few in Tesco's today. I wouldn't mind trying a few.

Associate
I was going to buy a 750ml bottle of Innis And Gunn from Tesco earlier but couldn't bring myself to pay £3.75 for it. Expensive stuff.

Ended up with a £1.50 660ml bottle of Fosters to wash my madras down with.

Can anyone recommend a few Japanese beers? I noticed there were quite a few in Tesco's today. I wouldn't mind trying a few.

Asahi is my gave also Asahi black is strange, got the texture of beer but tastes like Guinness.

Soldato
Asahi is my gave also Asahi black is strange, got the texture of beer but tastes like Guinness.

Thanks for the recommendation. I'm just trying some Asahi.

It's bland and watery so I doubt I'll be buying it again.

I've also got a ottle of Birra Moretti (Italian) lager to try. Haven't a clue what it's like.

Finally, I had an impulse buy of some Magners Spiced Apple and Rhubarb cider. Not sure why I bought it as I'm not usually a big fan of cider. Will give it a taste later on.

Last edited:
Soldato
Thanks for the recommendation. I'm just trying some Asahi.

It's bland and watery so I doubt I'll be buying it again.

I've also got a bottle of Birra Moretti (Italian) lager to try. Haven't a clue what it's like.

Watery junk.

Finally, I had an impulse buy of some Magners Spiced Apple and Rhubarb cider. Not sure why I bought it as I'm not usually a big fan of cider. Will give it a taste later on.

Awful. Tasted like medicine.

Ah well, it's always good to sample different stuff. You always might stumble upon something surprising. :)

Will try some of that Sierra Nevada sometime soon.

Back
Top Bottom