The **Now Drinking** Thread

Soldato
It's Friday evening guys! Let's crack open the bottles & cans (I want to see at least one person opening something else!) and have a few drinks.

Tonight I'm going to be on the whisky and the beer. I'm feeling a bit melancholy tonight so just going to take it easy with a few nice drams and treat myself to some of my expensive beer rather than cheap Tennent's.

Hopefully everyone has a good night.

As for right now I just poured a Laphroaig Quarter Cask into my new Laphroaig glass. Lovely whisky.

Slainte!

Soldato
I'm absolutely shattered so intend to lie on the sofa and do bugger all tonight. Accompanying me are a venison and kidney pie that's cooking away nicely and...

rps20121207190129935.jpg

Soldato
Here here to a friday night drink!

This isn't my scotland entry, mostly because I just chose which one was going to be the entry (and this one involved 2 breweries and could have caused a cuffufle)

Got a bottle of international arms race

Smelt like tooth paste but it tastes really good! Plus I really like the owl on the front...

Soldato
Yay more scotland beers!

Int arms race left me all :D so it was time for no2 of things scotland have brewed but I assumed someone else entered

Need a glass of water to double check my taste findings but this could be a new contender for beer of the decade. Smells good, tastes good, goes down well and has a decent percentage :)

Soldato
Never had that anabolic offering, read about it when it first came out and reviews didn't seem particularly pleased with it. But glad you're enjoying it. I got lazy, and grabbed a Tennent's and another Quarter cask because I can't be bothered going to the fridge.

Soldato
I might be because it's my 3rd but I really think highly of it, quite smooth but with a really interesting flavour, sort of the better line between the punk ipa and the hardcore ipa but not actually either. Just enjoying new things this weekend as it'll be a few weeks of what I know (well Harp) ahead.

Last edited:
Soldato
Having the heather ale. Really disappointing. I recognise the taste and disappointment and think I tried and disliked it before. Thankfully my dinner is finally ready to keep me happy :D

rps20121207222827.jpg

Soldato
Has managed "rather quickly" to go from this:

Royal.jpg

Whisky.jpg

To this:

Whisky-1.jpg

While sinking "quite a few" John Smiths along the way :p

Didn't managed that all myself though - my OH is working night shift, my father in law popped round and along with COD Black Ops II we had a pretty good time :p

Soldato
Yep that's the one, just not to my taste. I'm finding it too watery and lacking flavour. Ah well, I'll crack out the last Old Dan for some proper full bodied flavour!

Back
Top Bottom