The **Now Drinking** Thread

Associate
I do visit Chicago on occasion! This one must be a few years old too. Was about $10 IIRC

Its really random. I was expecting a proper slap around the chops with the hops, but its not. Aroma very sweet. Depth of flavour is nuts with a sweet tang aftertaste. Not what I was expecting but really nice from a 20% IPA.

I have a Worldwide Stout lurking too...shhh!

Last edited:
Soldato
I do visit Chicago on occasion! This one must be a few years old too. Was about $10 IIRC

Its really random. I was expecting a proper slap around the chops with the hops, but its not. Aroma very sweet. Depth of flavour is nuts with a sweet tang aftertaste. Not what I was expecting but really nice from a 20% IPA.

I have a Worldwide Stout lurking too...shhh!

Ahh, that makes sense. I don't think it's ever been sold over here. Was getting a bit excited then. I find that to be the case with most 'super hopped' beers. Plus, the age of it has probably dulled the alcohol and intensity somewhat.

Worldwide Stout, that's that one with a billion tonnes of barley in it no? Not really my thing, I imagine it to be pretty high in sweetness, but hope you enjoy it.

Associate
Current beers...

beers2.jpg

Some interesting ones inc 2007 Fullers!

Associate
Ahh, that makes sense. I don't think it's ever been sold over here. Was getting a bit excited then. I find that to be the case with most 'super hopped' beers. Plus, the age of it has probably dulled the alcohol and intensity somewhat.

Worldwide Stout, that's that one with a billion tonnes of barley in it no? Not really my thing, I imagine it to be pretty high in sweetness, but hope you enjoy it.

I have had it before aye but its really mega sweet. Borderline for me. But one to try for sure. I can try and smuggle a bottle back next trip if I can find one.

Soldato
Oh, you'll have to let me know how the Deus is. Keen to try that. I've got a bottle of Triple Hopped Duvel in a champagne bottle in my cellar (a shelf). I can't bring myself to open it, haha.

Soldato
Oh, on topic - Glen Gerioch 12.

Dual post from the whisky thread: I love Glen Garioch (and I'd love to hear some pronunciations!) (It's 'Glen Gheaa'Reeee'. Two syllables). This one is nice and creamy, and a fair bit of pear on the nose. It is very smooth and hardly peated/smoked at all. Certainly an interesting one to try after the Quarter Cask. I'm not sure how widely available their whiskies are, and won't be found in supermarkets, but the Founders Reserve & the 12 are both great whiskies at great prices.

More I drink this, from both glasses (I'm alternating) the bigger the finish is getting. I think it was flattened by the QC that I had before. A great whisky, though IIRC from when I first had it at a tasting; water totally killed it so keep it neat.

Associate
CLEAR THE DECKS

Dogfish Head 120 min IPA incoming.

Grrrr. 90 Minute IPA would be my favorite beer if I could actually get it. Bought a 6 pack back from New York earlier this year and almost wish I hadn't discovered it. I was speaking to a landlord last week who seemed to think there is some coming over but I'm not holding my breath.

Back
Top Bottom