The **Now Eating** Thread

img0097um.jpg

Fish and chips :D

Just had 5 scrambled eggs done in the leftover pork fat from pork belly roast t'other night. Scrambled eggs never tasted so good! Just a pre-dinner snack, dinner will be taken on the nightshift again.:(

Bit of a myth if you ask me, a large percentage of the nutrients are retained despite longer cooking. It's far more of a waste IMO if you're eating a lot of raw/undercooked food that the body is unable to digest/utilize.

I think you're making it up as you go along with this.

Personal preference obviously, but I think for most people when the veg goes the colour in that picture they'd consider it to be overcooked. To me it looks reminiscent of the sort of veg you get in a school/hospital canteen where it's had to be kept warm for ages in a gastronorm.

The 'breaking down the cellulose' as you say is just going to destroy any character of the vegetable and leave watery soft mush. The concept that indigestible food places some sort of strain on your digestive system is a bizarre one. Indigestible food is an important constituent of a healthy diet - it's called fibre.

This isn't a dig at your cooking skills btw, people cook things who they like it to taste. I would have left your justification at "I just prefer it that way", though.

I would have left your justification at "I just prefer it that way", though.

Well I do, but admittedly that was a little overcooked even for me.:p

Not a big fan of high carb/fibre diets personally, that's my own preference though and is related to specific health improvements since reducing my dietry carbs/fibre.

But as you say for most people it's an important part of a healthy diet, although I do believe heavy grain/fibre consumption particularly of the processed varieties is potentially damaging/unhealthy.

Last edited:
Well I do, but admittedly that was a little overcooked even for me.:p

Not a big fan of high carb/fibre diets personally, that's my own preference though and is related to specific health improvements since reducing my dietry carbs/fibre.

But as you say for most people it's an important part of a healthy diet, although I do believe heavy grain/fibre consumption particularly of the processed varieties is potentially damaging/unhealthy.

Grain/carbs I agree on but fibre is definitely part of a good diet. You can get lots of delicious fibrey goodness from just eating green vegetables and the like too - no need for any grain at all (but who can resist the odd bit of crusty bread now and again).

Grain/carbs I agree on but fibre is definitely part of a good diet. You can get lots of delicious fibrey goodness from just eating green vegetables and the like too - no need for any grain at all (but who can resist the odd bit of crusty bread now and again).

I haven't bought/eaten bread for a long time but yeah Fresh bread is a pleasure. (sprouted grain bread is beaut) Pretty much get all my fibre from veg ang salad as you say. I have gone completely fibre free for periods though with no ill effects, may seem very politically incorrect to do this but it helped to clear up some digestive problems I was having.

Out here in The Wilds I can't get Indian food! All I have is overcooked veg and meat.:p So post your Indian pics Cainer, I for one like to see all those spicy & colourful culinary creations.

ok :D
Lamb tikka korma with keema rice and onion bajee's + mint sauce, salad and popadom

15n25xy.jpg

Back
Top Bottom