The **Now Eating** Thread

Soldato
I've had a kangaroo burger a couple of times. Honestly, I don't think they taste all that different from regular burgers, especially when you've added cheese and sauce.

Associate
It was pretty good. I found the recipe long time ago and few of my friends had tried it and said it was nice so I gave it a go. I don't need to have gluten free food so this was just experiment as I was going to make omelette for dinner but remembered the recipe and decided finally to try it so that's why I didn't use gluten free flour.

So its really simple. You need 5 eggs. Separate the yolks from whites, break the yolks and add some salt in then whisk the whites to soft peak and mix the two gently. 200C for 15 mins, then add your toppings and cook another 15 to 20 mins.
Only thing was that it was quite moist, so less toppings would have been better or maybe cooking the base more I'm not sure. Didn't taste like egg at all, pretty close to normal pizza and at 337 calories for half of the pizza it suits my diet well..
2014-10-04%2020.05.00%20%28Small%29.jpg

Man of Honour
^^ the last episode of south park (s18 ep2 'gluten free ebola') was just a joke mate, your knob wont fly off, get PJ's next time :D

Soldato
A friend of mine runs a pub and is having an Oktoberfest weekend, today's included hog roast so I had to pop round to sample. This was this afternoon but it I didn't need dinner after it!

v2RB5Lrh.jpg

Soldato
I was originally planning to go to McDonalds today for lunch, but after the fryup breakfast I wasn't hungry enough for it. Thought about getting a pizza for dinner instead, but my tummy has not been happy at all today. Think it was the bag of wasabi cashews I ate yesterday. Gotta learn to stop eating nuts. They've never been my friend since my big bowel operation. They don't cause me any pain, but they make my digestive system go haywire for a while :o

Oh well. Just a bowl of lentil soup and buttered bread for dinner.

Soldato
They were selling very ripe avocados reduced in Waitrose so I made some guacamole when I got home. Yum.

Hopefully still have room for some dinner though.

Man of Honour
^^ i also got some reduced stuff from waitrose :)

mc9q34.jpg

they had loads of reduced sarny's but these were the only 2 that wernt egg or fish
very nice for £1.94 but i wouldnt have paid the £5.60 they would have cost before they were reduced :o

Last edited:
Soldato
and next time you ask for no black pudding, ask if you can swap it for smth extra instead ;)

I was far too hungover/not alive at the time of ordering... In fact we didn't even look at the menu, we just walked straight up to the bar after walking in and the very friendly landlord said "I am assuming it's two breakfasts..." :D My black pudding went to my mate.

Tried to go to a place in Manchester called Reds True Barbecue last night but the wait was an hour and a half for a table. That was annoying. Ended up in a placed called Duttons with a burger. It was vile. I told the waiter that if it wasn't for the fact we were in a hurry and had to meet friends, I'd have sent it back.

He did give us two free drinks (each) though...

Back
Top Bottom