The **Now Eating** Thread

Soldato
I'm loving lentils, I don't know why I've never really had them before.

Venison meatballs on offer from Waitrose. Fried them up, very lean.
Then in the pan I put two mushrooms, half red onion and a clove of garlic to soften. Then added warm water to which I put a Knorr stock pot. A good grind of pepper and some Worcestershire sauce. Then added the meatballs back in to simmer.
I found it was a tad salty/over powering so I found a jar of cranberry sauce in the back of the fridge. A few spoons of that into the gravy and it was right as rain.

Lentils were just cooked in water then drained and olive oil and vinegar added. Broccoli steamed over the cooking lentils.

Winner.

soLaAKJl.png.jpg

edit: I've been meaning to mention; Nutty Caramel Dairy Milk!? I need to get some of that next time I see it. YUM!

Soldato
Last nights shank

b8acabd0-7f3b-4062-ab6f-5a7b6afc7812_zpsaiy1mgo8.jpg

Man of Honour
Drool. Now that's a meal.

PB and bacon? hmm, not sure about that one.

Pb goes with everything, it's just unfinished satay sauce :p

Tuna infusion, I quite like these but why are they so expensive. they're a good protein snack which can be kept in the house. But 1.50 for 80grams is insane. Why is food like this so expensive.

Soldato
Strawberry pop tart :)

Tuna infusion, I quite like these but why are they so expensive. they're a good protein snack which can be kept in the house. But 1.50 for 80grams is insane. Why is food like this so expensive.
I tried the Basil and the Chilli & Garlic ones but didn't really like them. You might as well mix your own flavouring into normal tins of tuna! I'm sure a bit of chilli oil and a sprinkle of herb of your choice will taste just as good if not better :p

Soldato
But that's not pick up and go though.
Only lazy people would fall for the 'pick up and go' products :p It doesn't take long to transfer a tin of tuna into a small tupperware box and add your own flavouring. This can be done in the morning/evening so that it's ready for you to take 'on the go'. Unless of course you mean just when you're out and about and fancy popping into the supermarket for a quick fix of protein.

Man of Honour
Those look like good chips.

Home made chicken kebab meat with some salad, also used some caves insanity sauce. My chilli fu is weak atm. God I'm crying.

Soldato
Tonight's man meal

d4604ae4-06e0-49ec-b95f-cd6df50f8151_zpseojgpvbo.jpg

Homemade bun, lettuce, gherking, 6oz Beef pattie (80% chuck 20% ribeye) Mature Caerphilly cheese, smokey bacon. Triple cooked cheeps, sol (only beer i had) battered onion rings and a cabbage n carrot slaw.

Back
Top Bottom