• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE NVIDIA DRIVERS THREAD**

Associate
How do you choose GPU model with a hotfix driver? Might seem like a strange question but my first time looking into hotfix drivers.

Associate
Despite having "Turn off Windows Update device driver search" blocked by group policy, Windows has updated both my GPU and sound drivers this morning. I think the time has come to disable the update service, but that will then mean even critical updates will need to be applied manually. How can anyone at MS think this is a good idea?

Caporegime
NVIDIA to release Game Ready driver optimized for DirectX12

NVIDIA will soon release a new driver designed specifically with DirectX12 optimizations in mind.

NVIDIA GameReady Driver for DirectX12 games
The new driver will increase performance by up to 16% on average. The games that were optimized with the new driver are as follows: Ashes of the Singularity, Gears of War 4, Hitman, Rise of the Tomb Raider and Tom Clancy’s The Division.

NVIDIA has not confirmed when this new DX12 driver will be available, but a good guess would be close to 1080 Ti launch.

NVIDIA’s Press Release:

Game Ready Driver Optimized for DX12
NVIDIA also revealed an upcoming Game Ready Driver optimized for DirectX 12 games. The company refined code in the driver and worked side by side with game developers to deliver performance increases of up to 16 percent on average across a variety of DirectX 12 games, such as Ashes of the Singularity, Gears of War 4, Hitman, Rise of the Tomb Raider and Tom Clancy’s The Division.(1)

Since the first launch of its Pascal™ architecture — the world’s most advanced DX12 GPU family, including the performance-leading GeForce GTX 1080 Ti® and GTX 1080 GPUs — NVIDIA has continuously improved DX12 game performance through releases of Game Ready drivers. The drivers are timed with the release of the latest games by leading partners.

https://videocardz.com/66680/nvidia-to-release-game-ready-driver-optimized-for-directx12

http://nvidianews.nvidia.com/news/nvidia-announces-gameworks-dx12

Soldato
That's nice to release a driver after I have completed all those games. :D

Seriously tho, it's a move in the right direction. I wonder if the improvements will be only for the 10 series or will it effect older cards.

Back
Top Bottom