• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE NVIDIA DRIVERS THREAD**

Soldato
You would think though that AMD have been working on Vega drivers for at least a year. And yet they always seem to come out with big performance drivers at least once a year. This doesn't seem to be a theme with Nvidia. They only come out with a performance driver if the competition are showing them up. Which was the case recently with their 'DX12 performance driver' a few months back.

Because for the most part they work from the beginning, unlike some.

Man of Honour
Really? Vsync? I thought the point was to use FastSync for fps over monitor refresh rate.

FastSync would be ideal if it worked 100% of the time but in some situations it can cause stuttering - mostly on 60Hz displays.

I've found it can work well in some games where its rendering upto 160-180 FPS and can alleviate some lag now and again when hitting 144FPS with 144Hz with G-Sync.

Its worth watching some of battlenonsense's videos on G-Sync and FastSync as he really breaks down what works best and where you might find issues with indepth analysis.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Anyone else's GFE tray icon disappeared after updating to this latest driver?

I've tried a DDU and reinstall and it still disappears (it is there after install), going to try an older driver later to rule out this driver.

Soldato
1080 Ti arrives today, is the latest drivers (385.28) fine to go with? I remember reading a while back about one set of drivers having issues. Do I also need to install GFE for things like gamestream? Anything from the driver I don't need to install?

Last edited:

Ree

Ree

Associate
Anyone else's GFE tray icon disappeared after updating to this latest driver?

I've tried a DDU and reinstall and it still disappears (it is there after install), going to try an older driver later to rule out this driver.

that was part of the update to remove the tray icon.

e6e350a413604cbbdb542d9256292f70.png

Back
Top Bottom