• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE NVIDIA DRIVERS THREAD**

Permabanned
I'm still getting random TDRs in Firefox with this driver. I'm on Windows 10 too which Nvidia are adamant has been fixed. Maybe I have faulty hardware, I use Sandboxie with Firefox could that be causing issues?

I also use Sandboxie with Firefox, yet I have never had a crash. Cards used have been the 970, 980Ti and now 1080Ti.

I only install Nvidia's driver, skipping all the bloatware.

Associate
For a while I've been using the "free of crap" method I first saw here for installing my nvidia drivers and it works great.

WSBs10X.jpg WSBs10X.jpg

But now Id like to try the new Ansel feature in Battlefront 2 so I assume I need to install additional component(s). Any idea what I need to add or do I need to install the whole bloat, including Geforce Experience? Thanks.

Soldato
For a while I've been using the "free of crap" method I first saw here for installing my nvidia drivers and it works great.

WSBs10X.jpg WSBs10X.jpg

But now Id like to try the new Ansel feature in Battlefront 2 so I assume I need to install additional component(s). Any idea what I need to add or do I need to install the whole bloat, including Geforce Experience? Thanks.
To quote someone elsewhere RE: Ansel...
As I've said already, you don't need GFE. You do need to install the driver as NV intended though, without removing stuff like NVBackend.exe from the distribution manually.
So just delete the telemetry folder and choose to install as little crapware as possible in the installer.

V F

V F

Soldato
No, but I don't install every update. I only install the minimum driver set, omitting Geforce Experience bloatware, though I doubt that makes a difference.

Does nobody read? While it may have been fixed on Windows 10.

Somebody on guru3d reporting it is still happening.

unknown.png

V F

V F

Soldato
I'm using Windows 10 and still having TDRs in Firefox, that was the point.

I’m confused then as so many are saying across forums it’s fixed on Windows 10 but it hasn’t been resolved for Windows 7... Yet that doesn’t seem to be the case here. So many conflicting reports going around.

388.31 + GTX 970. Never had a Firefox(57+) related TDR.

When exactly did this bug appear? 390 and above?

The next release from 385.41. 385.69 it started with I think, or 387.92 asit doesn’t crash with 385.41.

Have you been watching any videos, viewing twitch usually triggers the crash at some point.

Last edited:
Soldato
As above comments - Whats the beef with the drivers crashing (Windows 7) 387.92 crashes as well as 388.31

Is there one that doesn't crash Firefox?

Caporegime
I just left this in the GeForce forum

The computer would randomly freeze up when using FireFox, i was told it was a bug in AMD's drivers and 'amongst all the AMD drivers suck; Shilling' that i should turn off Hardware Acceleration in FireFox, sure enough that did fix it.
AMD did eventually fix that bug later on, i never had that or anyother problem with the HD 7870 or R9 290.

Now, while on a GTX 1070 i have exactly the same issue i had all those years ago on the HD 6950, for the past few months i have been getting random freezing when using FireFox, if i turn Hardware Acceleration in FireFox off, it stops, what goes around comes around? nVidia drivers suck, please fix them.

As you can probably tell i'm not impressed.

Back
Top Bottom