• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE NVIDIA DRIVERS THREAD**

Um 300%?

Nvidia in Direct X does pretty well VS Mantle already. Not sure where you plucked that 300% figure from, but yeah isn't there still a washed out bug in BF4 with Mantle as well? Not sure that's the greatest example tbh.. With FXAA on low an extra 4fps and washed out graphics. Not something people should about about tbh. Nvidia ahead with 2X AA.. All this fanboism is getting very cringe. Just enjoy the fact there is so much focus on PC gaming no matter what brand your hardware belongs to.. AMD did a great job sparking off the competition in this area imho. Roll on improved Direct X11 and Mantle and upcoming DirectX 12.

[H] are not much good with this kinda stuff, they are testing for CPU bottlenecks while off loading all the work onto the GPU, its a very Amateur Mistake.

Stand here and beat my FPS, i'm using a Phenom II.

Mantle

DX

thats how you test for CPU bottlenecks ^^^^ [H] could learn a lot from me :D

More combat going on in the dx11 screenshot ;)

I see what your saying humbug, the problem is though not many people focus on the low end and are only interested in what improvements there are at the higher end of the spec list. Mantle has removed a massive bottleneck for you and that's great, but what these threads boil down to is what card/setup is achieving the most FPS (generally higher end CPU/GPU builds).

If the new nvidia driver unlocks a lot of performance though like mantle has for your setup then that's great, i don't see what the issue is here.

'Stand here and beat my FPS' really? is that a joke i don't get or do you actually think no one can beat that standing still doing nothing?

Last edited:
'Stand here and beat my FPS' really? is that a joke i don't get or do you actually think no one can beat that standing still doing nothing?

Wasn't too long ago, standing still was forbidden in this forum. Back when Kaapstad used screenshots to show his FPS to show he's not going past his VRAM limit.

Oh well, how times change. Time to embrace.

More combat going on in the dx11 screenshot ;)

I see what your saying humbug, the problem is though not many people focus on the low end and are only interested in what improvements there are at the higher end of the spec list. Mantle has removed a massive bottleneck for you and that's great, but what these threads boil down to is what card/setup is achieving the most FPS (generally higher end CPU/GPU builds).

If the new nvidia driver unlocks a lot of performance though like mantle has for your setup then that's great, i don't see what the issue is here.

Its a known CPU bottleneck spot, try it yourself.

The aggressive denial, moaning and whining from certain AMD proponents in this thread has got me in stitches :D

Too bad that some people are so loyal that they'd rather other people not get good performance improvements...

What has it got to do with an nvidia driver update though?

I can't even open up a thread anymore and read anything relevant to the thread title/op without having to trawl through nonsense, trolling/baiting and general arguing :(

Unless it's anything nvidia driver related it should be deleted by a mod so people wanting to gain some insight don't have to read 9 pages of "hodor" I mean "mantle".

Less talk, more doing ;)

:D

To be quite honest about all of this, as long as I'm getting great performance from my GPUs and as long as my performance increases continue with each new driver then I'm happy. This news of a potentially huge performance boost from the upcoming Nvidia drivers only makes me more happy/excited, I don't understand why so many people have got such an issue with Nvidia releasing excellent new drivers :confused:

[H] are not much good with this kinda stuff, they are testing for CPU bottlenecks while off loading all the work onto the GPU, its a very Amateur Mistake.

Stand here and beat my FPS, i'm using a Phenom II.

Mantle

DX

thats how you test for CPU bottlenecks ^^^^ [H] could learn a lot from me :D

Single GPU and a 3930K @ 4.625Ghz - Full ultra settings.

4d3291b6400301de16427ae911d47e96.jpg

Done?

Pretty good Greg, :) but is that an empty server? also can you use the in game overlay?

:D

To be quite honest about all of this, as long as I'm getting great performance from my GPUs and as long as my performance increases continue with each new driver then I'm happy. This news of a potentially huge performance boost from the upcoming Nvidia drivers only makes me more happy/excited, I don't understand why so many people have got such an issue with Nvidia releasing excellent new drivers :confused:

Fair enough :) there is no issue, frankly i don't want to be stuck to just one GPU brand.

I'm just a little sceptical about what can be achieved using DX11.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom