• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE NVIDIA DRIVERS THREAD**

Permabanned
PC1 Powerful CPU highly clocked = little/no gain

PC2 Weaker CPU stock clocked = bigger gains.

What is hard to grasp?

Same as mantle but not same as mantle was supposed to be according to a few when it was announced.

Only really help noticeably in CPU bottlenecked systems and then only some games will be effected by CPU.

And at end of the day its only the 1st Beta driver, more will come.

Soldato
You have 2 accounts Shanks?

It was a genuine question, as the improvements are across the DX11 range from looking around and not just 2 games.

Why would you think I have two accounts? lol

What is hard to grasp?

Same as mantle but not same as mantle was supposed to be according to a few when it was announced.

Only really help noticeably in CPU bottlenecked systems and then only some games will be effected by CPU.

They is a link posted in Nvidia driver showing gains with high end CPU and GPU so I dont understand why you guys no seeing it?

Permabanned

What is hard to grasp?

Permabanned
I am just at PC for 1st time today, so trying to catch up on 2 threads blind (not wearing contacts).

I may be able to play a couple of games I held of like Crysis 3 and Metro LL (cause my CPU is stock as a POS batch).

Reviews show up to 17% gain in Crysis with 4770k overclocked (cannot remember what speed).

I was waiting on refresh CPU's as I cannot be bothered to buy 10's of CPU to get good one now as too old and tired of that hassle.

Permabanned
Hmm WTF installed lol.

I got no choice, it went to fast, seen G-Force Experience 2.0 but no choice to skip 3D installer aspects etc.

I do not see any of it so must have copied my old setting.

I will do a full clean install another day when I can be bothered.

EDIT : Installer closed due to an "Audio Error" (I was listening to music at time though on a soundcard).

Go it installed now.

Last edited:
Soldato
They've been out a few hours and the people that have tested them so far have insanely powerful systems that will hit a natural bottleneck anyway in performance. Wait until people with slower systems try them in the games mentioned and then criticise the performance of them.

I still can't believe that people have such retarded brand loyalty that they feel the need to be hyper critical whenever the other "camp" does something lol. Graphics cards are a simple choice, not a sodding lifestyle.

Not being of that mindset, I too cannot ever understand this "brand loyalty".

It...it's a graphics card! Not a religion!!

Permabanned
It is a Nvidia thread no?

i-love-nvidia-i-really-do-thumb.jpg

This matches my system currently (stock 4770 CPU+780Ti) : http://www.tomshardware.com/news/nvidia-geforce-337.50-driver-benchmarks,26473.html

1080p.png

I assume SS is about CPU?

Quote :

"We'll also be seeing version 2.0 of the GeForce Experience software, which will introduce full-desktop video capture, custom video encoding options, and new goodies for notebook users."

"Meanwhile, version 2.0 of Nvidia's GeForce Experience software will add the features that were announced alongside the GeForce 800M series last month: ShadowPlay and GameStream support for notebooks, plus Battery Boost, which can increase gaming battery life by adjusting detail settings and capping in-game frame rates."

http://techreport.com/news/26280/faster-geforce-drivers-geforce-experience-2-0-software-coming-today

Last edited:
Man of Honour
**** me sideways these drivers have in many cases doubled my framerate in BF4 and massive improvement generally 77->115 in one place I test. (EDIT: Actually it would be better than that - 77 was with 1267MHz on the core and I've not put the OC back on so 115 is with 1188).

EDIT2: Not as big an improvement in all areas though - the spot on hainan infront of the hotel is only a few percent higher but running around on shanghai I'm seeing 50-100% increased framerates.

Last edited:
Associate
**** me sideways these drivers have in many cases doubled my framerate in BF4 and massive improvement generally 77->115 in one place I test. (EDIT: Actually it would be better than that - 77 was with 1267MHz on the core and I've not put the OC back on so 115 is with 1188).

I'm surprised as i wouldn't have thought your CPU would bottleneck your GPU, i thought these performance gains were coming from removing CPU bottlenecks? or am i wrong :)

Some screenshots would be nice in this case so we can see where you are testing, then perhaps others can replicate it.

Man of Honour
Its more the API bottleneck than really a CPU bottleneck - people just tend to refer to it as CPU bottleneck as its not part of the GPU operation.

EDIT: Seeing the biggest gains with my normal settings which are a mixture of levels to give a combination of highest framerate and clearest view (which probably puts more demand on CPU performance), with full ultra settings the gains aren't quite as much.

I'm surprised as i wouldn't have thought your CPU would bottleneck your GPU, i thought these performance gains were coming from removing CPU bottlenecks? or am i wrong :)

Some screenshots would be nice in this case so we can see where you are testing, then perhaps others can replicate it.

Think I got a little excited there as I jumped in with my normal settings (mix of low to ultra) and saw a HUGE boost (was almost entirely holding 125fps capped in shanghai whereas it would drop to around 67fps in some parts before) - but running around again with full ultra settings its mostly in the region of 20% increases.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Caporegime
It is a Nvidia thread no?

i-love-nvidia-i-really-do-thumb.jpg

This matches my system currently (stock 4770 CPU+780Ti) : http://www.tomshardware.com/news/nvidia-geforce-337.50-driver-benchmarks,26473.html

1080p.png

I assume SS is about CPU?

Quote :

"We'll also be seeing version 2.0 of the GeForce Experience software, which will introduce full-desktop video capture, custom video encoding options, and new goodies for notebook users."

"Meanwhile, version 2.0 of Nvidia's GeForce Experience software will add the features that were announced alongside the GeForce 800M series last month: ShadowPlay and GameStream support for notebooks, plus Battery Boost, which can increase gaming battery life by adjusting detail settings and capping in-game frame rates."

http://techreport.com/news/26280/faster-geforce-drivers-geforce-experience-2-0-software-coming-today

BF4 +3% ?

Soldato
When we going to see you guys bench results? Would like to see 1080p from some you guys.

I ignore all the press bench's never sure how true they are. User bench's means so much more to me.

Back
Top Bottom