• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE NVIDIA DRIVERS THREAD**

Caporegime
I see nvidia dropped support for a lot of older cards, 8, 9, 200 series just to name a few,how is this going to work with Windows 10 as the 8.1 drivers cause display corruption.

Associate
Currently running 350.12 and NV Experience wants me to update. When I do, the system no longer recognises the dual link DVI cable !?
Rolled back and all is well again. That's just plain odd.

Soldato
My Sony Vegas Pro crashed a few times since using the new drivers, was fine before..
Crashed when I was just previewing clips, not even rendering. Changed it to render from CPU after it crashed for the third time, didn't want to risk another crash or video corruption when it takes up to 30 minutes to render..

Soldato
Well I have been running these with a Titan X and a MSI 970 and no problems at all. Rock stable for me :) (not together of course)

TX and 970 ? You using the 970 as dedicated Physx or is this about 2 different rigs ?

My Sony Vegas Pro crashed a few times since using the new drivers, was fine before..
Crashed when I was just previewing clips, not even rendering. Changed it to render from CPU after it crashed for the third time, didn't want to risk another crash or video corruption when it takes up to 30 minutes to render..

CUDA is borked with Maxwell in Vegas Pro so all rendering is done on the CPU unless you're on Kepler or prior :(

Last edited:
Caporegime
TX and 970 ? You using the 970 as dedicated Physx or is this about 2 different rigs ?

I won a GTX 970 in a competition :D I thought about selling it but then decided it would help my channel to run new games on that and then on the TX (or vice versa) and this would show what people can expect from either. All I need now is a 290/X and I can give fair bench results for both AMD and nVidia :)

I have done a review for the MSI GTX 970 Gaming Edition as well and that will be finalised tonight and uploaded tomorrow ready for a nice new competition to win a few game codes.... Took over 2 and a half hours to encode for a 20 minute video :(

Last edited:
Soldato
I won a GTX 970 in a competition :D I thought about selling it but then decided it would help my channel to run new games on that and then on the TX (or vice versa) and this would show what people can expect from either. All I need now is a 290/X and I can give fair bench results for both AMD and nVidia :)

I have done a review for the MSI GTX 970 Gaming Edition as well and that will be finalised tonight and uploaded tomorrow ready for a nice new competition to win a few game codes.... Took over 2 and a half hours to encode for a 20 minute video :(

2 and a half hours ?

What type of bitrate do you use on your videos ?

I tend to do a max of 20mb as anything over YouTube destroys anyway and there isn't any difference.

Caporegime
2 and a half hours ?

What type of bitrate do you use on your videos ?

I tend to do a max of 20mb as anything over YouTube destroys anyway and there isn't any difference.

Running 30Mbs and double pass. After lots of trial and error, that seems to give me the best quality but it is slow plus there is a couple of other enhancements going on as well. With the original Titan, it would have been under 20 mins.

Back
Top Bottom