• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE NVIDIA DRIVERS THREAD**

Man of Honour
Your OS is an application too, the studio stability would apply there as proven by the previous GRD which had issues in Windows, but the Studio version did not. As I say, if both versions are out on the same day, then it seems silly to install GRD over Studio. You lose nothing, but gain all the benefits, whether you see them or not.

Last edited:
Reactions: TNA
Caporegime
Your OS is an application too, the studio stability would apply there as proven by the previous GRD which had issues in Windows, but the Studio version did not. As I say, if both versions are out on the same day, then it seems silly to install GRD over Studio. You lose nothing, but gain all the benefits, whether you see them or not.

Placebo..... :p

I'm not a pro user in terms of needing gpu for work so makes sense for me to stick to GRD.

Would be good to see a comparison of drivers though and if there is any difference in perf. You are the perfect man for the job mrk, get going :D :p

Soldato
GeForce Hotfix driver 546.08

Direct Download

This hotfix addresses the following issue:
  • [Alan Wake 2] Addressing gradual stability and performance degradation over extended periods of gameplay [4334633]
  • Windows 10 transparency effects are not displaying correctly after driver update [4335862]
  • Random Bugcheck may be observed on certain systems [4343844]

Last edited:
Associate
Finally found the cause of the browser stuttering issue on any drivers newer than 54X, turned out to be iCue 5.7.106 and something strange with anything newer than 54X, if I get stuttering in the browser and kill every iCue process the stuttering disappears, start iCue and it’s back. Never seen this issue in a few years of using iCue.

I’ve installed a much older version 4.33.138 which thankfully still works with all my hardware and is using the same lighting profiles and I have no issues even with the newer drivers. Don’t know whether to blame Corsair or Nvidia but the latest iCue and Nvidia drivers don’t play well with each other.

Last edited:
Soldato
Finally found the cause of the browser stuttering issue on any drivers newer than 54X, turned out to be iCue 5.7.106 and something strange with anything newer than 54X, if I get stuttering in the browser and kill every iCue process the stuttering disappears, start iCue and it’s back. Never seen this issue in a few years of using iCue.

I’ve installed a much older version 4.33.138 which thankfully still works with all my hardware and is using the same lighting profiles and I have no issues even with the newer drivers. Don’t know whether to blame Corsair or Nvidia but the latest iCue and Nvidia drivers don’t play well with each other.

I use iCue, and it is somewhat flakey.

Man of Honour
I've found a lot of companion or control panel software like that to be flaky often causing stutter or performance impacts - increasingly they are made by slapping lots of bits of pre-existing software together, telemetry or "AI" features which are just junk and chew CPU, etc. etc.

Soldato
I've found a lot of companion or control panel software like that to be flaky often causing stutter or performance impacts - increasingly they are made by slapping lots of bits of pre-existing software together, telemetry or "AI" features which are just junk and chew CPU, etc. etc.

I did pre-alpha testing of iCUE way before anyone even heard of it and oh boy was it bad. Now it's miles better than it used to be but it's still got its quirks, Takes up resources and has a measurable impact of a few FPS if you have it running while playing a game which you need to do if you are invested in the Corsair eco system otherwise the lights go all loopy.

I put an idea forward years ago to 1 of the leads at Corsair that any future hardware should have very basic flash storage on the Commander Pro/ Hub just like many keyboards now do to be able to save any and all lighting and fan settings so software wouldn't need to run all the time, Did it happen ? No, Will they likely come out with a revised Link hub that enables this ? Yes and it'll be expensive.

Last edited:
Associate
Hi all, hoping for some advice. I am running the current 546.01 game ready driver. However, looking at the 'Driver Updates' section of Windows update I see that 'NVIDIA - Display - 31.0.15.2824' was installed on 03/11/2023. I can also see this entry for 19/10/2023 and 28/08/2023. 28/08/2023 was actually the date I did a clean install of W11 on my PC, so I assume it's the driver that automatically downloaded before I executed the NVIDIA driver installation package. Any thoughts on whats happened here and why Windows update keeps installing this version? What is this driver in relation to the current game ready driver? I have an RTX4090. Thanks.

NB: Just checked the system information panel in NVIDIA Control Panel and the driver version is correctly showing as 546.01 and all components are 30.1.15.4601, so later than the .2824 version installed by windows update.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
GeForce Hotfix driver 546.08

Direct Download

This hotfix addresses the following issue:
  • [Alan Wake 2] Addressing gradual stability and performance degradation over extended periods of gameplay [4334633]
  • Windows 10 transparency effects are not displaying correctly after driver update [4335862]

Using this driver, seems rock solid for Alan Wake 2.

Soldato
GeForce Experience got a tiny update -

What’s new in GeForce Experience 3.27

Support for GeForce RTX 40 Series Laptops

GeForce Experience adds support for GeForce RTX 40 Series Laptops - from ShadowPlay & Optimal Game Settings, to Max-Q technologies like DLSS 3, Whisper Mode, and Battery Boost 2.0.

Optimal settings support added for 50 new games including:
A Plague Tale: Requiem, Against the Storm, Broken Pieces, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II, Call of the Wild: The Angler, Construction Simulator, Coral Island, Cross Fire HD RT DLC, Dakar Desert Rally, Destroy All Humans! 2 - Reprobed, Diablo Immortal, Disney Dreamlight Valley, Evil West, F1 Manager 2022, Farthest Frontier, FIFA 23, Football Manager 2023, Gotham Knight, Inside the Backrooms, Isonzo, Lego Brawls, Marauders, Marvel's Midnight Suns, Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered, Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Metal: Hellsinger, MultiVersus, NBA 2K23, Need For Speed Unbound, Overwatch 2, PC Building Simulator 2, Rumbleverse, Sackboy: A Big Adventure, Saints Row, Scathe, Shatterline, Sonic Frontiers, Steelrising, The Callisto Protocol, The Chant, Torchlight: Infinite, Tower of Fantasy, TRAHA Global, Two Point Campus, UNCHARTED: Legacy of Thieves Collection, Undecember, Victoria 3, Warhammer 40k: Darktide, Way of the Hunter, WRC Generations - The FIA WRC Official Game

Squashed Bugs!
  • Fixed an issue where recording was overexposed with HDR enabled.

Last edited:
Soldato
Game Ready driver 546.17 is up -

More Detailed Release Notes Link

Release Highlights​

Game Ready for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III

This new Game Ready Driver provides the best gaming experience for the latest new games supporting DLSS 3 technology including Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III and Starfield.

Fixed Gaming Bugs

• [Counter Strike 2] Improved NVIDIA Reflex functionality and performance [4361128]
  • [Starfield/Cyberpunk 2077] Stutter observed on some Advanced Optimus notebooks [4341762]
  • [Control] Game stability issues over extended periods of gameplay [4313811]

Fixed General Bugs

• [OBS] Tearing issue when recording high resolution video [4359771]
  • [Notebook] GPU can become frozen in maximum performance state [4364631]
  • [Wallpaper Engine] Wallpaper shows tearing when cloned in multi-monitor configuration [4364562]
  • [Firefox Beta] Increased page file memory use when enabling RTX Video Super Resolution [4359080]

Last edited:
Permabanned
Interested in trying this one out to hopefully see some more CS2 improvements, I do miss the days of drivers giving you serious performance gains though!

Soldato
Game Ready driver 546.17 is up -

More Detailed Release Notes Link
Game Ready driver 546.17

Open Issues

• [Discord] When streaming gameplay, colors may appear muted [4349586]
Additional Open Issues from GeForce Forums

Notes: This is not new. Manuel from Nvidia has been tracking any additional driver issues in their forum post separate from release notes. Started doing this recently and will continue moving forward

• [Discord] When streaming gameplay, colors may appear muted [4349586]
  • A new NVIDIA icon is created in the system tray each time a user switch takes place in Windows. [4251314]
  • Small checkerboard like pattern may randomly appear in Chromium based applications [3992875]
  • [GeForce GTX 10/RTX 20 series] PC may randomly freeze/bugcheck when Windows Hardware-Accelerated GPU Scheduling and NVIDIA SLI are both enabled [4009884]
  • Horizontal band may appear when cloning a G-SYNC display to HDMI monitor [4103923]
  • [Alienware X17 R2 w/ GeForce RTX 3080 Ti] Display goes blank when DirectX game is launched while notebook is in dedicated GPU mode [4146369]
  • [RTX 4060 Ti] Display may randomly flicker with a black bar on the top of the screen when using desktop apps [4239893]
  • Slight stutter may be observed when scrolling in web browsers on certain systems [4362307]

Back
Top Bottom