The OCUK Liverpool Meet 18th February 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will show my face but the venues are quite strange dont stay in 'the one4' past 8pm because its really rough and the crazy house is so far from my scene its funny! I havent ever been to one of the meets before so I will deffo attend!!

Yeh its really dodgy! I know people say its got dance music on the top floor but its hardly for the musically enlightened crowd. Im sure we could organise a few of us to go to garlands or somewhere like that. not that im trying to split the group up or anything!!

Garlands for the win! I like knocking shapes out when I've had a drink - and I've heard good things about that place. I can't believe I've never been out round Liverpool and I live so close. :(

Gilly said:
I don't wanna break the group up either, but tbh I'd rather not go than go to that kind of joint.

I'll check out the playlists tomorrow.

You aint going to be able to dance like the guy from the Clarks' advert to Nancy Boy. :)

Garlands is monsterous!! if youve never been i cant describe what its like to you! Its difficult to get in there though you have to have the 'right look' so to speak. Funky clubwear no prada, armani etc If your from manchester its similar to Twisted Elegance if you've ever been there.

Worthy said:
Yeah in Ampersand, been a few times but I got sick of paying £13 to get in and then ~£10 for 2 drinks. Music was awesome though.

Yeh its a bit of a rip off like!! Garlands has a similar music policy and dress code but in my opinion its slightly better

Krazyhouse has been chosen because it has three floors of music it plays all kinds and music can be requested for the night we attend on the website.

We are going for meal then the Krazyhouse
We are going the onefour in the day to play pool

The Krazyhouse is fun and not hard rock they tend to mingle the rock in with other tunes. Gilly trust me you'll have a laugh ;)

Another reason for the Krazyhouse is the dress code isn't as stict and we can have fun without worrying about appearence. Davey likes to wear trainers when we go out and not many places in Liverpool allow you in wearing them.

Plus I have already been in touch with the manager of the Krazyhouse and he's been great sorting us discount and other stuff. I like the Krazyhouse its a good night. I believe the Krazyhouse will suit the different tastes of the group better than Garlands and I've been to both.

I have no plans to change the venues chosen.

You'll get in at a discounted rate (not sure how much yet), drinks are 241 and if you don't enjoy it then head off.

I'll put myself down as an interested ;) should be driving by then and will easily be able to drive it if i stay off the bevvie's or perhaps might just get a room :P

Tom.

rG-tom said:
try it anyway :D i'll be 3 months off of 18 but trying, never been rejected from any drinking estabalishment / club for a long time If i get rejected I get rejected no big problem, i bet there are a lot of clubs in 'pool and I'll have already spent the rest of the day with the OcUK'ers
Already rejected I'm afraid :(

No persons younger than 18 are invited on OcUK meets.

LynnieLeigh said:
The Krazyhouse is fun and not hard rock they tend to mingle the rock in with other tunes. Gilly trust me you'll have a laugh ;)
Willing to give it a go then :)

As long as you don't mind a big whinge after if its all nu metal/heavy metal/any other kind of rubbish music :p

Gilly said:
Willing to give it a go then :)

As long as you don't mind a big whinge after if its all nu metal/heavy metal/any other kind of rubbish music :p

Lynne and I are going to go there ourselves in a couple of weeks to see what it's like. If we don't think everyone will like it, we'll think of somewhere else for us all to go. :)

It's certainly not all Heavy Metal though, but I can understand why people think it is. The Krazyhouse has traditionally been a rock joint, and used to have live metal bands playing there. That's died away now, and has left the 3 floor system they use now.

Oh, and for the people who haven't clicked the link on the first page, some info about the Krazyhouse from their website....

Saturday Night in the K3!
Hello and welcome to K3’s exclusive mini sub section...

K3 on a Saturday is where you’ll probably hear the biggest range of music at The Krazyhouse on a Saturday from post-hardcore and emo screaming to hip hop, girly pop to indie, ska punk to nu-metal and beyond.

The thing is, we like to think of your average K3 punter as being fairly open minded, how else do we explain the guy who wants Alexisonfire at 10.30, Taking Back Sunday at 11.30, Missy Elliott at 12.30, the Killers at 1.30 and Girls Aloud at 2.30?? You probably get the drift! As a general rule of thumb the earlier you get on the floor the more likely we can play a specific request but as the night runs later and later we’re obviously only doing our job and keeping the floor full of people dancing and having a good time.

So the screamo/hardcore fans out there take note. We’ll happily play some of that stuff earlier on so get yourself up here before 11pm!!

The thing about our floor is its DJ'ed by two of us, Eddie Kerr and Steve Tilley, and where possible we swap over week on week off. That’s what we believe gives the K3 on a Saturday one of its best qualities. There’s obviously going to be slight differences between the two of us but we like to think that that also keeps the music policy fresh.

There’s stuff Steve will play that Eddie may not and vice versa but for your money that means you’re always guaranteed a good varied music policy week to week. And after all that’s the point of having three rooms, you can always go and check out another floor – and come back up of course!

You can’t keep all the people happy all of the time but we’re damn sure up for having a good go at it!!

So here’s our current combined Top 30...
Current Top 30
01 - Gorillaz - Feel Good Inc
02 - My Chemical Romance - I’m Not Ok
03 - The Bravery - Honest Mistake
04 - Gwen Stefani - What You Waiting For
05 - Kaiser Chiefs - Every Day I Love You Less And Less
06 - Libertines - Don’t Look Back Into The Sun
07 - Chemical Brothers - Galvanise
08 - Weezer - Hash Pipe
09 - Interpol - Slow Hands
10 - The Killers - Somebody Told Me
11 - Less Than Jake – Johnny Quest
12 - Kasabian - Club Foot
13 - Head Automatica - Beating Heart Baby
14 - Fall Out Boy - Dead On Arrival
15 - Hatebreed - I Will Be Heard
16 - Open Hand – Tough Girl 17 - The Coral - In The Morning
18 - The Used - Take It Away
19 - Dizzy Rascal - Fix Up Look Sharp
20 - Boysetsfire - Rise
21 - Reel Big Fish – Where Have You Been
22 - J-Kwon – Tipsy
23 - Good Charlotte – I Just Wanna Live
24 - Scissor Sisters – Filthy/Gorgeous
25 - Mc Lars – Igeneration
26 - Taking Back Sunday - A Decade Under The Influence
27 - Linkin Park/Jay-Z – 99 Problems/Numb/One Step Closer
28 - Bloc Party – Banquet
29 - Outkast – Hey Ya!
30 - Public Domain – Operation Blade

Von Smallhausen said:
Sorry to hear that you are having problems Huddy.

I am here to have my ear bent if you want to talk about it. Although not married, I had similar problems last year and would be glad to help you if you wish.

Contrary to popular belief, not all of my advice is crap. :)

Davey_Pitch said:
Sorry to hear that Paul. We're all here if you need us mate :)

thanks guys - that's really appreciated :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom