The OCUK Liverpool Meet 18th February 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.
Davey_Pitch said:
Oh, and for the people who haven't clicked the link on the first page, some info about the Krazyhouse from their website....
Jeez thats an awful list.

Meh, I'll put up with it, but if we can ask them to play some good stuff while we're there it would be appreciated :)

Gilly said:
Jeez thats an awful list.

Meh, I'll put up with it, but if we can ask them to play some good stuff while we're there it would be appreciated :)
You can request songs on their website through a form, so if we all did that a while before we go, we should get some good songs on. As I said though, we'll check it out and see what it's like.

Right, so if we're going to the Krazyhouse... I'm a regular there and I have a habit of doing the following:

1) Drinking ridiculously fizzy, girly and sugary alcopops due to the 2-for-£3 thing they have, which makes me feel ill the next day
2) Losing people when different people want to go to different floors
3) Dancing like a headshot corpse
4) Falling over
5) Thinking I've lost my coat, only to remember I put it in the cloakroom.

Oh happy days.

There's a quite distinctive aroma to the Krazyhouse - an odd mix of alcopops, vomit, urine, body odour and dry ice. When you get a lungful of that air you know you're home.

MasterMike said:
I wouldn't go in there sober. I tend to down a few tequilas at Bar Cava next door (we should all go and try a few, baked bean / chilli / coughcandy tequila anyone?)
Are you trying to put people off coming? :p If it's as bad as that, somewhere else will be picked instead. We've got plenty of time to nail down a final location if the Krazyhouse proves to be unsuitable. :)

Do we really need 3 floors? If this is going to be a meet then surely we all want to be in the same place and it seems a big pointless if we're just all going to split up and go into different rooms in the evening.

Sorry to **** on your bonfire Davey and Lynnie, but I think somewhere where we can all stick together might be a better option. But I'll leave it in your capable hands and go wherever you guys decide as I have no idea about Liverpool at all :)

Desmo said:
Do we really need 3 floors? If this is going to be a meet then surely we all want to be in the same place and it seems a big pointless if we're just all going to split up and go into different rooms in the evening.

Sorry to **** on your bonfire Davey and Lynnie, but I think somewhere where we can all stick together might be a better option. But I'll leave it in your capable hands and go wherever you guys decide as I have no idea about Liverpool at all :)
That's a fair point actually Des. I'll speak to Lynne when she finally gets out of bed (jealous), as it's primarily her who's been sorting this out.

I'm up :p I understand peoples concerns. Suggestions are welcome :)

However these two will not be chosen:
Barracuda: This is far to packed and would cause problems for those who suffer panic attacks
Garlands: Unfortunately I used to work around the corner from this place. I used to go in and there has always been a kick off in there. Plus the range of music and dress code isn't suitable sorry.

I am going to contact a few places today (if I can) and see if they accept large groups, dress codes and if I can persuade them to give us some discount ;)

The club sounds fine to me :)

Anywhere that isnt Jumpin Jaks or po-na-na is great as far as I'm concerned. And, the bonus is that one of the floors at the krazyhouse plays loads of my type of music, which makes a refreshing change to the overdose of cheesey pop I normally have to endure.

We all managed fine with 2 floors of club in kent, 3 would mean that there would hopefully be something for everyone, and a possible discount is :) in my opinion. Despite there only being 1 floor of club at the leeds meet, we still managed to split into 3 groups anyway, and in Kent there were 3 groups, it'll probably happen no matter where we go.

LynnieLeigh, how about the Reflex or 70's/80's Bars?

They play a lot of music that everyone likes and they're not very strict. I always go out to town in jeans, t-shirt and trainers and go the those places, as well as the Krazy House.

I'm a big fan of the Krazy House but not of the punk stuff at the K3. I think the bars I mentioned would be much better suited as they are more... variable. I like all music, so it's all systems go for me (put me down as definitely ;) ).

So yeh, I think Reflex, Baa Bar etc ought to do it. Personally I love the 70's bar (Night fever) but thats me :o. I mean, if you have someone like Gilly with the amazing dance moves I've heard about, we need to take him somewhere thats competitive! :D.

Phil.

Matblack said:
OcUK can make a silk purse out of a sows ear in the entertainment department, as long as we are together and have beer then it doesn't really matter about the venue :)

MB

Exactly, all we need is eachother, and some alcyhol to encourage the ocuk clowns (said with much love and respect) and we'll have a great time :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom