The OcUK Relationship Counselling and Hugs Thread

Soldato
Ah, the smell of desperation.

All after 7 weeks and 4 days of not speaking.

Run for the hills my friend, run free.

This. I take it you're fairly young? Sounds like she just wants to be a drama queen and make you come crawling, especially if you have already tried to speak with her. Relationships take work but sometimes a subjective look shows that one or both of you aren't mature enough for it yet (Not a dig, just based upon experience)

- GP

Associate
Just do some thing spontaneous to make her laugh, usually brings them straight out of their bad moods.
It can't be a fake funny though, like a prank or a setup, it has to be genuine.

Or just drag her to the bedroom.

Caporegime
So ive been in a relationship for my first gf for about 7 weeks now, It's mine and her first relationship in general lol. I guess it's normal to have arguements here and there, but recently we got into a fairly messy one, i gave her the silent treatment for a day, and now shes almost given me it for 3 days. She somewhats gets blue/depressed easily though and is bipolar if that has anything to do with it.

Ive tried talking to her and understanding what I could do to make it better, but she just says to "leave her alone" for a while. Anyone experience long term silent treatment before, its a bloody awful feeling :l

having been in a relationship with some whos bipolar mate take my advice run, run now its just not worth it.

Associate
This. I take it you're fairly young? Sounds like she just wants to be a drama queen and make you come crawling, especially if you have already tried to speak with her. Relationships take work but sometimes a subjective look shows that one or both of you aren't mature enough for it yet (Not a dig, just based upon experience)

- GP

Im 22, not really, I generally think she gets down really easily, and just needs some time alone, shes an introvert kind of girl or so you can say

Associate
So ive been in a relationship for my first gf for about 7 weeks now, It's mine and her first relationship in general lol. I guess it's normal to have arguements here and there, but recently we got into a fairly messy one, i gave her the silent treatment for a day, and now shes almost given me it for 3 days. She somewhats gets blue/depressed easily though and is bipolar if that has anything to do with it.

Ive tried talking to her and understanding what I could do to make it better, but she just says to "leave her alone" for a while. Anyone experience long term silent treatment before, its a bloody awful feeling :l

I wouldn't say it's normal to be not speaking for 3 days+. A day, yeah, I've had that myself but 3? And how often do you argue? I ask because you're still in the early stages of your relationship. If it's **** now imagine in 6 months time.

Associate
I wouldn't say it's normal to be not speaking for 3 days+. A day, yeah, I've had that myself but 3? And how often do you argue? I ask because you're still in the early stages of your relationship. If it's **** now imagine in 6 months time.

We had a tiny arguement around week 4, only lasted a day. but this on week 7 was quite big, involving self-doubt,future relationship issues..you know, she felt like she can't be loved and doubt I would/will etc...which is silly..but Ive been through that stage, Id say shes just young

Associate
We had a tiny arguement around week 4, only lasted a day. but this on week 7 was quite big, involving self-doubt,future relationship issues..you know, she felt like she can't be loved and doubt I would/will etc...which is silly..but Ive been through that stage, Id say shes just young

Talking about love less than 2 months in.

ABORT ABORT. :p

Soldato

Every girl is bipolar/blue/depressed easily, especially at 19. 3 days of her not speaking to you isn't good really, I'd be a bit apprehensive about the future of this one

Associate
Associate
I don't think so, haha. It's probably different for everybody!

And just to give you the low down since you're new to the whole relationship thing. You should be spending the first part of it in bed in a permanent state of nudeness. :D

There was plenty of that the first 2 weeks, but I work 45 hours a week, so i struggle to find time sometimes

Associate
^ Doubt they live together so I imagine it all depends on the amount of time they stop over at each others places.

Still though, make an effort while you're still a new couple. I'm in my third year and things have stagnated. I swear it's like I'm having an affair with my hand. :p

Back
Top Bottom