The OcUK Relationship Counselling and Hugs Thread

Associate
Been on and off with one girl for 2 years, but after inviting her round on Saturday evening thinking it might be a good idea i have concluded i need to move on (or at least thats how i feel right now) as she just drives me insane to the point i have no idea whats normal anymore.

I really need to sort myself out with a normal girl, i have nothing in my life to be unhappy about but i feel my relationship with her has made me really fed up at times and its ridiculous.

Associate
I've been without my ex for longer than I was with her and I'm still not over it. That aint right.

Aww well, I'm pretty happy so tend not to worry about it. :)

Depending on how long you were with her that is quite sad.

If you were with her for a week then "man the **** up!"

If you were with her for 50 years then that is acceptable :)

Soldato
Seraphx I completely agree. I hate all the guessing games. Either you like someone or you don't. I tend not to tell people things anymore as everyone will give their opinion and it just confuses me even more and it normally leads to me second guessing my gut instinct and making the wrong choice.

Someone asked me recently when I was last happy. Thinking back I think long term happy was 10 years ago. Brief moment of happiness, last April. Quite depressing really lol

It would be nice to meet someone but I have a lot to sort right now and there's no point getting to know someone while it's all going on :(

I'll take a free hug though :D

Soldato
Seraphx I completely agree. I hate all the guessing games. Either you like someone or you don't. I tend not to tell people things anymore as everyone will give their opinion and it just confuses me even more and it normally leads to me second guessing my gut instinct and making the wrong choice.

Someone asked me recently when I was last happy. Thinking back I think long term happy was 10 years ago. Brief moment of happiness, last April. Quite depressing really lol

It would be nice to meet someone but I have a lot to sort right now and there's no point getting to know someone while it's all going on :(

*HUGS* and i'm still up for meeting ya for a drink sometime :p

Mat

Mat

Soldato
I'm sceptical of your intentions... ¬.¬

2d9yce8.jpg

Soldato
Depending on how long you were with her that is quite sad.

If you were with her for a week then "man the **** up!"

If you were with her for 50 years then that is acceptable :)

I was only with her a bloody year and she was a terrible girlfriend, haha.

I'm getting on with it don't get me wrong but it takes me forever to completely get over failed relationships.

I agree and large can "man the **** up" is needed. :p

Edit - Also, that would make me like 120 years old. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
internet dating is hit and miss on your area i guess. if you live in a well populated area such as london, birmingham, manchester..... then there will be a lot of people to chose from and chances are will be a fair few with similar intrests. if you live in a small place though, slim pickings.
have been single now for 5months, it sux, but does have its advantages, although the disadvantages outweigh them quite a lot :(

Man of Honour
internet dating is hit and miss on your area ...if you live in a small place though, slim pickings.

Cornwall yo!

it takes me forever to completely get over failed relationships.

Firstly...

0N6NL.png

Secondly, I think people that take longer to get over relationships tend to be the people who invest more of themselves in it. I'm not saying that's a good or a bad thing, just my observation that people who invest more of themselves/make the relationship the absolute centre of their life tend to take absolutely ages to get over stuff. I guess that's the price you pay for opening yourself up to that sort of vulnerability.

I wouldn't say I'm really over any of my previous girlfriends. Sounds sad, but I left a piece of myself with them that I will never get back and there's a place in my heart for all of them.

:edit: Note, I have only had long term relationships. Shortest was 2 years.

Caporegime

I thought you are in a relationship?

Soldato
Secondly, I think people that take longer to get over relationships tend to be the people who invest more of themselves in it. I'm not saying that's a good or a bad thing, just my observation that people who invest more of themselves/make the relationship the absolute centre of their life tend to take absolutely ages to get over stuff. I guess that's the price you pay for opening yourself up to that sort of vulnerability.

I wouldn't say I'm really over any of my previous girlfriends. Sounds sad, but I left a piece of myself with them that I will never get back and there's a place in my heart for all of them.

:edit: Note, I have only had long term relationships. Shortest was 2 years.

so true. its hard to see that someone you spent so long with, moves onto the next person in days/weeks, yet after 5 months im still wishing things were different.
i too have only had long term relationships, not one for this casual thing. kind of makes it hard to trust people and put yourself 100% into it though, when people let you down so often.

Back
Top Bottom