The OcUK Relationship Counselling and Hugs Thread

Soldato
OP
I suppose I should weigh in now it's taken off.

I broke up with my partner of 2 years just over a month ago officially, although it was over for a lot longer than that - we just stayed together for our daughter's sake.

I'm now seeing a lovely new girl who accepts my past and takes me for who I am, so nomatter how bad it gets there's always hope guys.

Soldato
I suppose I should weigh in now it's taken off.

I broke up with my partner of 2 years just over a month ago officially, although it was over for a lot longer than that - we just stayed together for our daughter's sake.

I'm now seeing a lovely new girl who accepts my past and takes me for who I am, so nomatter how bad it gets there's always hope guys.

thats good to hear, that you found someone else. i was in the same situation, we stayed together for nearly a year even though we knew it was over for the sake of the kids, but at the end of the day, we wanted different things.
now its over, its terrible. i cant help thinking about all the 'what ifs' that could have maybe stopped it from ending. but i dont think thats healthy. just so hard to move on.

Associate
I've been in some pretty heart tearing situations myself as I tend to fall in love with any woman who pays me the slightest bit of attention (10 points for whoever gets that reference) but been pseudo-single for the past year and it's not so bad really.

I'm sure with my dashing good looks and razor sharp wit I'll be with some super-hot, intelligent nymphomaniac soon enough.

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind? Where can I redeem these 10 points :D

Soldato
Ive been split from my girlfriend of 18months just over a week now and it feels like i have lost everything in my life because ive lost her.

Maybe i am the sort of person who attaches themselves to their partner, but while i was with her, we had a great relationship, never ever argued, trusted each other 100%, but she came to the conclusion she wasnt ready to settle down so said we should be friends, since we split weve seen each other 3-4 times, text most days, were pretty much absolute best friends but sadly with none of the benefits :(

Soldato
I used to weigh almost 23 stone and no woman would look at me and rightly so, it's actually fairly amusing how invisible you feel as a really overweight person despite being so big! :p

I'm 14 stone now and still losing weight, but I still think like a fat person which is going to take a good long while to change I think, so in short I'm pretty doomed when it comes to relationships right now.

The only girl I've liked recently used the old "you're a really nice guy but.." line on me, then told me she actually likes guys who are around 15-17 years older than she is, she's only 21. Daddy issues I think. :eek:

Soldato
Although I had been in relationships in the past, some lasting 4 years or so, I do miss it, however, I think if I went back in to one, I would miss the freedom of being single.

+1

Im in the same dilemma...totally and utterly love being single and the sense of freedom is just immense. But sometimes...yea....wish I had company.

Oh well cant have everythin huh :D

Right, back to picking a HD7870 :p

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
I'm a little confused here. For those who have partners but say about not havign freedom. How are you losing it?

I assume they mean freedom to meet other girls...

Im currently on a 'break' ;) from my girl...although our relationship is a lot more complicated as she lives on the other side of the world...and to be honest if she lived in the UK I would definately be looking to marry her in the future as I absolutely love her. Things are not good though..she basically said she didn't want to talk to me at all for a month to see how it is on a proper break, as before we still carried on talking most days. SO I'm not holding much hope for when we do finally talk again in a week or 2...

On one side if this is the end of it, my holiday money I was planning to use to go and see her will instead be used for a trip to Thailand with a few friends :D. But on the flip side, life just isn't the same without her next to me :(

Soldato
so true. its hard to see that someone you spent so long with, moves onto the next person in days/weeks, yet after 5 months im still wishing things were different.

Aye I know the feeling...

Can sorta understand that she'd been questioning it for a while but it really doesn't make it any better when she's moved on within weeks.

Back
Top Bottom