The OcUK Relationship Counselling and Hugs Thread

Caporegime
The Breakup Megathread: Lushka16 severed, remains champ

Lushka16’s Breakup Megathread Theorem: Every one of you will invariably cherry-pick, feel a compulsion to ignore or otherwise neglect most or all of the fantastic advice detailed below, assuming it doesn’t apply to you.

Minimaul’s Megathread Corollary: You are not a special *********. You are not the exception to the rule. You are not the anecdote that proves the rule wrong. You are not in a Jennifer Aniston movie. You are not a movie with an acceptable ending for the whole audience. This is life.

It's probably one of the best threads ever made.

Soldato
I havnt had a girlfriend in 4-5 years

*Looks at right hand*

Although I had been in relationships in the past, some lasting 4 years or so, I do miss it, however, I think if I went back in to one, I would miss the freedom of being single.

Hah, same except 3 years. I think I'm becoming increasingly selfish as I don't think I'd be able to handle giving up so much of my free time to maintain a relationship now. It'd just not work with anyone who wasn't as independent as me.

I really enjoy the time I get to chill out, play piano, read, play games and see friends and family. Hearing about other people's relationship problems down the pub doesn't fill me with optimism tbh. :)

EDIT: It doesn't really help when my sister and girl mates are always trying to set me up and I'm just not interested. I'm sure they all think I'm secretly gay by now. Ho hum.

Last edited:
Associate
Was single for 4 years, now had a girlfriend for 3 months and I'm trying to find a nice way to split up with her.

Truly the grass is always greener.

Permabanned
I have never had a serious relationship before. I had a few in school that lasted a few weeks but nothing serious. I had thing with a girl for a few months but not what i would call a relationship. Last time i had a girl was call girl in dubai in january, before that it was like 2006 or something stupid :(

I think i win most forever alone competition.

Soldato
Aye I know the feeling...

Can sorta understand that she'd been questioning it for a while but it really doesn't make it any better when she's moved on within weeks.

Mine had a new boyfriend within a month (officially anyway, I'm sure she was with him before that) and was pregnant with his kid within 3 months. Haha. She's had 2 children with 2 guys she's barely known now. Silly girl.

Luckily I never got her up the duff. :p

Soldato
[FnG]magnolia;21752121 said:
The Breakup Megathread: Lushka16 severed, remains champ

Lushka16’s Breakup Megathread Theorem: Every one of you will invariably cherry-pick, feel a compulsion to ignore or otherwise neglect most or all of the fantastic advice detailed below, assuming it doesn’t apply to you.

Minimaul’s Megathread Corollary: You are not a special *********. You are not the exception to the rule. You are not the anecdote that proves the rule wrong. You are not in a Jennifer Aniston movie. You are not a movie with an acceptable ending for the whole audience. This is life.

It's probably one of the best threads ever made.

Could you link the thread then? Although your summary does seem like distilled wisdom.

Back
Top Bottom