The OcUK Relationship Counselling and Hugs Thread

Permabanned
me and the wife are separating been together for 18 years and have 3 great kids.
its a mutual split.

its my 40th today and tomorrow i am going to amsterdam for 3 days on my own, this was booked a while back for me and her.

so i will be smashing the pasty for 3 days :) .

Associate
me and the wife are separating been together for 18 years and have 3 great kids.
its a mutual split.

its my 40th today and tomorrow i am going to amsterdam for 3 days on my own, this was booked a while back for me and her.

Are you in a spot where you're looking forward to the pasty, or are you likely to end up sobbing and trying to cuddle a hooker

Soldato
its a mutual split.

Do what you got to do! I'll drink to that!

Soldato
its a mutual split.

Superb place to unwind and take your mind off things. Enjoy;)

Soldato
So I dont really have anyone to vent this to, thus here I am.
Simple issue really, I dont love my partner anymore.

What I need to do is rather obvious, tell her and break up so we both can move on.
Trouble is I know she is head over heels with me and it already hurts to think how she is going to react to it.
Really just need to stop being a coward and do it. :(

Feelings are complicated things, I dont even understand why or how I feel out of love with her. I just have.

Man of Honour
It's important to tell her how you feel. Not only do you need to move on and find your own live in life, but she does too. Depending on her age then every day, week, month or year that you stay with her while not in love, means less time for her to find someone and settle down (if that is what she wants).

Soldato

What I need to do is rather obvious, tell her and break up so we both can move on.
Trouble is I know she is head over heels with me and it already hurts to think how she is going to react to it.

Feelings are complicated things, I dont even understand why or how I feel out of love with her. I just have.

Bit of a blunt question, but is anyone else involved? By which I mean, is there someone on the sidelines that you plan to be with as soon as or shortly after you break the news? Regardless though, it's definitely best to tell her asap rather than drag it on.

Soldato

How long have you been together? Is it possible that you've just moved out of the honeymoon period and you've let life grind you down and push you apart a bit? Are the things that made you love her now different? Love does change and grow as people stay together, it rarely stays the same as the initial rush of meeting someone new and finding out all about them. It take time and effort to keep those feelings alive and to adjust to how things evolve.

If you've really decide that you've done, you don't want to figure out what's wrong and how to fix it (preferably the two of you together), then you're right, you've got to tell her and let her start moving on. Pretending otherwise just makes it harder for the both of you, especially when she asks you how long you've felt this way and it turns out you've been stringing her along out of cowardice.

Soldato
My cousin just came up randomly on Bumble, does this mean she also saw me?

If your search parameters have been set to allow for incest, then yes, more than likely;) Joking apart, yeah they probably have if you have your settings (distance, age etc) in a way that accommodates them.

Soldato
If your search parameters have been set to allow for incest, then yes, more than likely;) Joking apart, yeah they probably have if you have your settings (distance, age etc) in a way that accommodates them.

She's too old for me, she had knocked at least 10 years off her real age!

I guess if she had seen me she would have swiped left, and then I wouldn't have seen her?

Did you match?

Haha, if I had then she would definitely have seen me. Imagine getting a notification that someone swiped right, and when she looks it's me...

I did take a screenshot though, so I could make the next funeral quite awkward. :D

Back
Top Bottom