Poll: *** The Official 2024 iPad thread (the Pro has the M4 chip and everything!) ***

Which 2024 iPad are you going to buy?

• Total voters
Soldato
Just a reminder if anyone taking delivery of the new iPad Pro today (to replace M2 one) can see if it still works with the old magic keyboard (and maybe the pen too) I'd be massively grateful.

Soldato
Just a reminder if anyone taking delivery of the new iPad Pro today (to replace M2 one) can see if it still works with the old magic keyboard (and maybe the pen too) I'd be massively grateful.
It won’t - certainly not the pencil anyway. Apple had to redesign the magnets and connection system to move the front facing camera onto the long bezel.

Last edited:
Soldato
My iPad Air just arrived. Setting it up now! Was surprised how small the box is - also had a USB C to C cable in it, which wasn't removed.

Have to grab the latest 1GB update from yesterday before I can use it. Hoping I can use my Apple Pencil USB-C with it as it doesn't really maintain its attachment to the Air's side magnet too well. Sometimes it swings off.

Update:
* Pencil 2nd Gen doesn't work, thought it would so I'll have to MM or CeX that. I didn't use it that much tbh.
* 60hz vs 120hz from my Pro is CERTAINLY noticeable. I'll probably get used to it mind you.
* Speakers are certainly worse sounding than my iPad Pro 2019 but it was mostly used with Sony/Senn cans.
* TouchID vs Face ID is certainly a downer as I was used to the latter for years.
* Display feels 'grippy' for some reason when sliding fingers about.
* M2 blazing speed is most noticeable when loading 4K films on Plex

All in all, I've got some adjusting to do :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Does anyone think it's worthwhile Upgrading a Gen 5 iPad Pro (M1) to the new M4?

All I'm hoping is the release of the new Pro pushed down the second hand vales of the old, I want to pickup another 5th Gen, new one is just overkill for what I need!

I can't say I've ever thought 'oh the screen on this 5th Gen iPad is rubbish' ;)

I wonder how long the likes of CEX will try and hold the prices of all the Gen 5's they have in stock :D

Last edited:
Associate
My Ipad Pro 13 just arrived. I went for the base model space black was debating bigger storage for better CPU and more ram but chose not to. Lovely upgrade from my already excellent 2020 Ipad pro 12.9.

Great screen
Super fast
Much lighter
New pencil is superb
Landscape faceid is superb

Very happy

Last edited:
Soldato
My Ipad Pro 13 just arrived. I went for the base model space black was debating bigger storage for better CPU and more ram but chose not to. Lovely upgrade from my already excellent 2020 Ipad pro 12.9.

Great screen
Super fast
Much lighter
New pencil is superb
Landscape faceid is superb

Very happy

Does it work with your old 2020 iPad Magic Keyboard?

Associate
Received my Pro 11, can only echo what rIcK says above, it does feel snappier and quicker than the M1 Pro I had before. Main thing for me though is the screen, really great for media consumption now.

Soldato
Setting up my 13" Pro now, I went with the nanotexture glass display and this does work wonders with reflections. The magic keyboard is very nice too, the keys have a deeper travel but I’m not sure about the metal surface of it touching the screen when it’s closed.

Man of Honour
I wasn’t going to but I decided to pick one up and see what I think of the New Magic Keyboard; having a lot of issues with the MKB just stopping responding; oddly its not consistent - sometimes the trackpad just stops and sometimes the keys - its very annoying!

Soldato
OP
No they haven’t. They’ve said what it says on Apple’s website.

That doesn’t mean to say in practice that they definitely don’t work together. Hence why I am asking someone to try it.

I'm afraid the old Magic Keyboard doesn't work with the new iPad Pro's. Zollotech tested it.

Last edited:
Associate
I wasn’t going to but I decided to pick one up and see what I think of the New Magic Keyboard; having a lot of issues with the MKB just stopping responding; oddly its not consistent - sometimes the trackpad just stops and sometimes the keys - its very annoying!
Do you mean you picked up the new iPad and MKB or just the MKB by itself. It for science!!!!

Back
Top Bottom