• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***The Official 5600X \5800X owners thread***

Just got my order of the Ryzen 5800x, for some reason there was also a pack of Haribo inside
200.gif

Is that normal? lol

Well I'm a little excited, pretty new to pc as I bought my first one solely to play iracing in VR around 8 months ago, an i7 6700k with a gtx1080, I've just bought a Rtx3070 and ordered a ryzen 7 5800x this morning, just need to find a mobo to go with it now

Thanks, looks like a good candidate actually, can anyone confirm who's ordered one whether it works with the 5800x out the box or will it need a bios update?

I own the x570 Tomahawk but have done since it came out so I can't confirm what BIOS it ships with now, if different.

I also own the 5800x with this board :)

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/forums/threads/msis-x570-tomahawk-may-become-go-to-oc-board.18884498/

This is the forum that should have the answer you may need, I'd advise only checking the last 10-15 posts though lol

Thanks, looks like a good candidate actually, can anyone confirm who's ordered one whether it works with the 5800x out the box or will it need a bios update?

It might but hard to know when the specific unit you order was manufactured. It has a bios flashback button that’s really easy to use and will update the bios without a CPU in.

I'm happy to give it a go myself, have only just delved into overclocking my cpu!! It can't be anymore difficult than that, I'm looking forward to seeing the gains from my i7 6700k though, the 5800x looks like a great cpu

It's literally just stick a USB with the bios file named correctly and select the bios update program in the bios. For some boards, you don't even need to turn the pc on.

It's only really ever unnerving if you've never been in the bios before and the thought of it going wrong.

Would I be mad to change a 3900x for a 5800x? I'm only doing light production work so the extra cores are not needed?

I did that yesterday. I was sick of waiting for a 5900x and only gaming, so the 8 cores should be fine. Doing a custom loop soon so timing was right to do it all at once, and eBay has a no fees weekend coming up. Not a massive difference, but it seems like the 5800x will be a bit more stable when targeting 120fps.

Should just drop right in, it will probably reset the BIOS by its self.

I see you have the 5800x with the 2070 Super, just wondering have you noticed any improvement in games or general windows use ? not sure what CPU you had before

I myself have i7 6700k with 5700xt and debating to upgrade to 5800x but with no GPU stock will have notice much improvement in games as will be still use the 5700xt? maybe better fps lows ?

or just wait it out till GPU stock comes in and maybe CPU prices might improve but the 5800x at £380 is tempting also looking at the MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk Wifi to go with it

Thanks

I did that yesterday. I was sick of waiting for a 5900x and only gaming, so the 8 cores should be fine. Doing a custom loop soon so timing was right to do it all at once, and eBay has a no fees weekend coming up. Not a massive difference, but it seems like the 5800x will be a bit more stable when targeting 120fps.

Its not a no fees weekend but £1 max, plus Paypal fees of course, that if you get offered it

I see you have the 5800x with the 2070 Super, just wondering have you noticed any improvement in games or general windows use ? not sure what CPU you had before

I myself have i7 6700k with 5700xt and debating to upgrade to 5800x but with no GPU stock will have notice much improvement in games as will be still use the 5700xt? maybe better fps lows ?

or just wait it out till GPU stock comes in and maybe CPU prices might improve but the 5800x at £380 is tempting also looking at the MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk Wifi to go with it

Thanks

I came from a Ryzen 3600, Mostly no, but in a couple of games yes, Hell Let Loose and Star Citizen, they seem to be very core heavy games.

The 6700K is pretty old at this point, i think you will see better performance, a Ryzen 3600 is already better.
IMO a 5800X is unnecessary, a 5600X would do the job just as well. I only upgraded to a 5800X because after a four core 4690K to a six core Ryzen 1600 to another six core Ryzen 3600 i fancied an 8 core this time, a 5600X would have done the same job just as well, but, shiny....

Last edited:
I came from a Ryzen 3600, Mostly no, but in a couple of games yes, Hell Let Lose and Star Citizen, they seem to be very core heavy games.

The 6700K is pretty old at this point, i think you will see better performance, a Ryzen 3600 is already better.
IMO a 5800X is unnecessary, a 5600X would do the job just as well. I only upgraded to a 5800X because after a four core 4690K to a six core Ryzen 1600 to another six core Ryzen 3600 i fancied an 8 core this time, a 5600X would have done the same job just as well, but, shiny....

Thanks I would like 8 cores minimum and looking to keep it for good few years 2-4 ? maybe 1-2 gpu gen upgrades in that time

Thanks I would like 8 cores minimum and looking to keep it for good few years 2-4 ? maybe 1-2 gpu gen upgrades in that time

A 5800X would suit you well in that case, i also plan on upgrading the GPU at some point this year, hopefully.... i think for 'years' of future proofing a very fast 8 core is the way to go and the 5800X is exactly that.

Back
Top Bottom