• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***The Official 5600X \5800X owners thread***

I will leave HWINFO running to see if any pop up.

Going back to my post, is that normal operation to be able to slap it into 4000/2000 that easy.
2000 fclk was intended to be the max norm for the 5000 series but that hasn't materialized as of yet. I was able to post at 2000 but I lost over half my performance in the CPU-Z test. I've managed to get mine stable and performing well at 3866 / 1933.

Hi guys. Just a quick one. Is £285 a good price for a used 5600x? About 2 weeks old apparently. Seller also mentioned they used it to check how well it overclocked and upgraded to a 5800x

Hi guys. Just a quick one. Is £285 a good price for a used 5600x? About 2 weeks old apparently. Seller also mentioned they used it to check how well it overclocked and upgraded to a 5800x
You certainly aren't likely to find one any cheaper. I wouldn't be too put off by the fact he tried to overclock it or moved based on his efforts. You won't know how much experience he had or what type of cooling or other components he paired the CPU with. That being said, for an extra £45 you get a brand new one from Overclockers. I suppose it depends how much £45 is to you and whether the seller can provide you with proof of purchase so that can use the warranty should you ever need to.

The Wraith Prism cooler just isn't cutting it for me with this chip. My average temp is 68 with just light loads, about 18% CPU utilisation. All my tweaking has been to try and keep temps in check rather than seeing what performance I can push so I've ordered one of these today:

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/phan...water-cooler-d-rgb-black-360mm-hs-01e-pt.html
Maybe you have an uneven IHS on yours as with the same chip and cooler I'm maxing out at 74C in R20, 30C idle and around 43c in light use.

Screenshot-54.png

Last edited:
Maybe you have an uneven IHS on yours as with the same chip and cooler I'm maxing out at 74C in R20, 30C idle and around 43c in light use.
Yeah something isn't quite right. Sorry what to you mean by IHS? Do you mean the spread of paste between the CPU and cooler? I can get the temps lower but not without compromising on performance and I'm done compromising! It is a shame as I really like the prism cooler aesthetically.

Yeah something isn't quite right. Sorry what to you mean by IHS? Do you mean the spread of paste between the CPU and cooler? I can get the temps lower but not without compromising on performance and I'm done compromising! It is a shame as I really like the prism cooler aesthetically.
The IHS is the CPUs lid that you apply the paste to, not all are perfectly flat and this can cause some temp variance between different CPU samples.

How low typically do people get on the memory latency? I just used a quick dirty memory pre-set in the bios and it gets around 55ns. Im using Viper Steel 4400Mhz C19 RAM.

RHAyJtt.png

Ryzen 5 5600X vs. Ryzen 7 5800X vs. Ryzen 9 5900X & 5950X: GPU Scaling Benchmark
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqmRvTz0kbA

Interesting benchmark. Basically, there is no big reason to buy anything above 5600x for gaming. Probably the whole plarform will be obsolete before core count will start making a significant difference for 1440p+.

Quite, if your 'just' a gamer, save yourself a lot of money. "Cores for content"

Back
Top Bottom