• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***The Official 5600X \5800X owners thread***

I've upgraded to a 5800X and X570 Tomahawk. All set up and it's going good, however, on cold boot when pressing power the system starts up then turns off after a few seconds. When I press power again the PC boots up as normal. Is this normal or is there something I should be checcking?

I've upgraded to a 5800X and X570 Tomahawk. All set up and it's going good, however, on cold boot when pressing power the system starts up then turns off after a few seconds. When I press power again the PC boots up as normal. Is this normal or is there something I should be checcking?
It is not normal.
Could be power supply related. There are examples of people with cold boot problems who "fixed" it... by warming up power supply with a hairdryer. I think culprit was Corsair 1200W PSU

Have alook at the lights on the motherboard to see if anyone of them is lit up. That can give an idea of where the problem is.

The board will do that if there is a problem. I believe there is a setting in the BIOS where you can tell it how many times to try to post before it resets the settings to a workable state.

I had this issue with my RAM recently. Set it too high and wouldnt post and motherboard would set it to 2166Mhz just so that it could post and run

This is mine.

Had a change of M/B and CPU. Now red team.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X,ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. ROG CROSSHAIR VIII HERO (3dmark.com)

Score: 11223
CPU Score: 12696
Graphics Score: 10998

Ryzen 5800x: PBO2 Negative curve @ -30
32GB 3600@Cl14
Gigabyte 1080TI Aorus waterforce extreme 2088/6016

Don't think that more MHZ is better. It is a balance between clocks and power draw.

Matt

11,402 cpu score now nothing changed settings wise just a new case,

Idle temps 33 - 35c gaming 55c

benchmarks it maxed at 75c in CPU test.

All fans working properly now as well :)

Hey Lads First of all sorry for my terrible grama etc. i am originally from Poland.
First of all i just upgraded from 2600 to 5600x , currently keeping it under Deep Cool Castle 360 , 1.3v 4.7Gh all core stable just finish 4 hours OCCT benching , CPU-Z shows 651 single and 5288 multicore.
I am on Rog Strix B450-F Gaming MOBO , never actually used PBO for overclocking , and as far as i manage to check over reddit etc, pips sims to push pass 5Ghz easy and 4,8Ghz all core , with negative offset settings and manually set PPT, EDC ,TDC.
Now can anyone verified for me is 88-60-90 max values for 5600x or those are just recommended by AMD , and if this are recommended than i hope we have some b450 users here that could advise me to some values ,and also i just assum with PBO all on Auto and offset curve regulate vdc on each core?
Thank you all in advance ;P

Last edited:
I just loaded the bios and slapped the memory to 4000Mhz and bus to 2000Mhz, booted straight in and working fine. Is that normal? I didnt think the bus could go past 1800Mhz.

If its normal, how high can the bus go typically. I have 4400Mhz sticks.

I just loaded the bios and slapped the memory to 4000Mhz and bus to 2000Mhz, booted straight in and working fine. Is that normal? I didnt think the bus could go past 1800Mhz.

If its normal, how high can the bus go typically. I have 4400Mhz sticks.
I'd check for WHEA errors just to make sure it's 100% stable.

Back
Top Bottom