• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***The Official 5600X \5800X owners thread***

These are my CPUZ and Cine R23 benchmark scores.

yk15CHJ.png
2gEjgkv.png

All stock settings except RAM XMP.

Idle temp at the moment is 26c and maximum 75c. Cooled by a brocken 3 with 2 x 140mm fans intake and 1 x 140mm exhaust.

yk15CHJ.png

These are my CPUZ and Cine R23 benchmark scores.

yk15CHJ.png
2gEjgkv.png

All stock settings except RAM XMP.

Idle temp at the moment is 26c and maximum 75c. Cooled by a brocken 3 with 2 x 140mm fans intake and 1 x 140mm exhaust.

yk15CHJ.png
Maybe your board is applying pbo by default as that multi score is quite high for stock, around 200 higher in CPUZ than I've seen any other score at stock.

Which agesa version are you on?

On a Bluetooth keyboard at the moment so can't check PBO status. You will probably be right though if that is true about the scores, although i thought this was enabled by the user at your own risk. (or is that just the overclocking?)

Bios version 7C84v14 - AGESA ComboAm4v2PI 1.1.0.0 Patch C.

On a Bluetooth keyboard at the moment so can't check PBO status. You will probably be right though if that is true about the scores, although i thought this was enabled by the user at your own risk. (or is that just the overclocking?)

Bios version 7C84v14 - AGESA ComboAm4v2PI 1.1.0.0 Patch C.
I'm pretty sure that on its own PBO is fine as it sticks to AMD default power limits of PPT 142 TDC 95 EDC 140 it's when you raise these limits which then overrides AMD silicon health management that you can start putting unsafe amounts of power into the CPU.

Some boards do enable standard PBO by default like my brothers X570 taichi for example.

I'm pretty sure that on its own PBO is fine as it sticks to AMD default power limits of PPT 142 TDC 95 EDC 140 it's when you raise these limits which then overrides AMD silicon health management that you can start putting unsafe amounts of power into the CPU.

Some boards do enable standard PBO by default like my brothers X570 taichi for example.

Thanks for the info Joxeon. Had a look online and it is set to Auto by default.

Last edited:
With a new 5800x build on a B550i AX I thought I'd try the simple ECO Mode setting as I'd found lowering the power limit to 85% on a 1080ti was helpful for ITX.
This doesnt really affect the single core CPU-Z but brings the multicore down 8% to 6250 with 10C lower CPU temp and PPT capped at 87W
I was over 60C in game before which is OK but I couldnt find a quiet enough CPU fan speed for over 60C
I suppose Ive ended up with a 5700 at 5800x price but it was an easy thing to try.

Delighted to share with you all that I managed to get my 5800x stable with my RAM running at 3866 MHz and FCLK at 1933 coupled. I had purchased 4000 Mhz RAM on the promise that Ryzen 5000 would support it coupled with FLCK at 2000 Mhz. The reality was quite different though - not stable at 2000 FLCK. So by running the RAM on the supplied DCOP profile of 4000 MHz, this was giving me an FCLK of 1800 and UCLK of 1000 Mhz. Now all 3 clocks are synced at 1933Mhz which feels nice! So far it's passed the Rzyen Master stress test, CPU-Z bench, R23 bench and Timespy (usually the ultimate test of stability in my experience). In terms of performance, it's not huge but an extra 200-300 points in multi-core scores in CPU-Z, R23 and TimeSpy CPU benches.

I had almost given up messing around with the RAM until I looked at the full memory summary for my sticks in HWINFO. I noticed that under 'Supported module timing' it listed both 2000 Mhz @ 18-22-22-42 and 1933 Mhz @ 18-22-22-41 so decided to give the latter a go, manually setting those timings plus the FCLK to 1933 using Rzyen master. The UCLK automatically set itself to 1933 once the MCLK and FCLK were coupled - result! Haven't tried any tighter timings at all yet - I'll surf this wave of joy and achievement for a while first... :D

Edit: I should add that I don't think this result is due to me faring particularly well in the silicone lottery as up until now I haven't been able to break a score of 15000 in R23 or 11000 in Timespy CPU score, unlike a lot of other results I've seen for the 5800X. Also on a B550 mobo (latest bios). That would suggest that most / all chips should be capable of this?

Last edited:
Delighted to share with you all that I managed to get my 5800x stable with my RAM running at 3866 MHz and FCLK at 1933 coupled. I had purchased 4000 Mhz RAM on the promise that Ryzen 5000 would support it coupled with FLCK at 2000 Mhz. The reality was quite different though - not stable at 2000 FLCK. So by running the RAM on the supplied DCOP profile of 4000 MHz, this was giving me an FCLK of 1800 and UCLK of 1000 Mhz. Now all 3 clocks are synced at 1933Mhz which feels nice! So far it's passed the Rzyen Master stress test, CPU-Z bench, R23 bench and Timespy (usually the ultimate test of stability in my experience). In terms of performance, it's not huge but an extra 200-300 points in multi-core scores in CPU-Z, R23 and TimeSpy CPU benches.

I had almost given up messing around with the RAM until I looked at the full memory summary for my sticks in HWINFO. I noticed that under 'Supported module timing' it listed both 2000 Mhz @ 18-22-22-42 and 1933 Mhz @ 18-22-22-41 so decided to give the latter a go, manually setting those timings plus the FCLK to 1933 using Rzyen master. The UCLK automatically set itself to 1933 once the MCLK and FCLK were coupled - result! Haven't tried any tighter timings at all yet - I'll surf this wave of joy and achievement for a while first... :D

:)

Installed a 5600X, this afternoon, to replace my 3700X, big uptick in FPS in all the games I've tried. The Wraith Prism I had does the job. Happy gamer.

ok all installed switch on auto overclock in ryzen master and its clocked itself to 4.949Ghz

Time spy -
CPU Score

Is that good?

This is mine.

Had a change of M/B and CPU. Now red team.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X,ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. ROG CROSSHAIR VIII HERO (3dmark.com)

Score: 11223
CPU Score: 12696
Graphics Score: 10998

Ryzen 5800x: PBO2 Negative curve @ -30
32GB 3600@Cl14
Gigabyte 1080TI Aorus waterforce extreme 2088/6016

Don't think that more MHZ is better. It is a balance between clocks and power draw.

Matt

This is mine.

Had a change of M/B and CPU. Now red team.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X,ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. ROG CROSSHAIR VIII HERO (3dmark.com)

Score: 11223
CPU Score: 12696
Graphics Score: 10998

Ryzen 5800x: PBO2 Negative curve @ -30
32GB 3600@Cl14
Gigabyte 1080TI Aorus waterforce extreme 2088/6016

Don't think that more MHZ is better. It is a balance between clocks and power draw.

Matt

I think mine hit thermal limits my case isnt very good for airflow.

Does everyone elses cpu clocks constantly go all over the place and CPU voltage? even when sat at desktop?

sat on desktop watching ryzen master and clocks are going 766mhz - 2,500mhz cpu v - 1.17v - 1.4.

Installed a 5600X, this afternoon, to replace my 3700X, big uptick in FPS in all the games I've tried. The Wraith Prism I had does the job. Happy gamer.

Same. Got mine in today, but from a 2700X with a naff memory controller.
The performance boost is instantly noticeable!
Well happy, aside from spilling a dollop of liquid metal on my desk... that made a mess.

Edit : mine's a 5800X, not a 5600X. Smudgy spectacles :O

PWM/Voltage setting for fan speed control?

tried pwm, dc in bios and in asus suite none will change the fan speeds now.

when asus suite does the checking fans they slow and stop but after that it wont control them.

tried reinstalling software and custom fan curves nothing fixes it

Back
Top Bottom