• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***The Official 5600X \5800X owners thread***

I'm getting idle temps of 45c, anything straight forward I can do aside from setting a specific voltage in BIOS? Or will that hamper the CPU boost etc?

Coming from a 3600 with an idle of 32c my 5800x is a tad hot.

My 5600X idles at around 25C in a 19C room, and peaks to 55C running Cinebench R20 multicore (all core 4.3GHz), 56C CPU-Z stress (all core 4.5GHz) and around 52C running Prime95 (all core 4.6GHz).
Using a Scythe Mugen 5.

grS4mJ0.jpg

4.6 @ 1.247 vcore.

Idle is around 39c with temps in Cinebench maxing out around 76c - I have a sound dampened case so might look at a better airflow one in the future.

My 5600X idles at around 25C in a 19C room, and peaks to 55C running Cinebench R20 multicore (all core 4.3GHz), 56C CPU-Z stress (all core 4.5GHz) and around 52C running Prime95 (all core 4.6GHz).
Using a Scythe Mugen 5.
Strange that CPUZ has higher temps than Prine95. 3x runs of Cinebench R20 multicore, what’s the temp?

Good low temp, the 5600X runs ~20c cooler than the 5800X... overclock it! :D

Only with the gimped default settings, put PBO on so it runs properly and temps are not far off 5800x (60c default vs 82c PBO without curve op on 5600x). The 5000's are not like the 3000's, 3000 used to run to its max on default settings and PBO made no difference but this time you have to be using PBO else you limited only going to get 4.3ghz all core when you should be getting 4.6+.

Last edited:
Can't wait for the msi b550-a to get curve!

Mine has it so, dunno.
Not using it as I am good with 4875mhz boost.

Question, so I ordered a 5600X with a EVO 212, What's reasonable temps should I be getting?

Mine never see above 70c yet on a noctua u12s but I got lot of air going and all cpu and homes are different

any 5600x owners getting good results?

4875mhz boost.
I tried to have 4900mhz but found it wasn't game stable fully.
I run pbo2 only, 225mhz boost.
Dont use curve optimizer as to much work to check stability.
await some one click programs to do that.
Gaming 4800mhz is common and up.
Happy.
Runs all my arpg games 100+ fps at 1440p with a vega56 heh

The main issue with curve optimiser is its a balancing act between ST and MT, what it really needs is voltage control being separate for ST and MT or being able to set the curve voltage reduction instead of being stuck with AMDs -0.005 for ST and 0.003 for MT per each point of curve offset, if you could manipulate this then you could dial in a higher reduction for MT while less or no reduction for ST.

The main issue with curve optimiser is its a balancing act between ST and MT, what it really needs is voltage control being separate for ST and MT or being able to set the curve voltage reduction instead of being stuck with AMDs -0.005 for ST and 0.003 for MT per each point of curve offset, if you could manipulate this then you could dial in a higher reduction for MT while less or no reduction for ST.
I thought this was what the new BIOS would bring but could find any such option(s).
e.g. set my own MT to 4.7Ghz whilst letting PBO do its stuff for ST (or setting my own upper end voltage for ST aswell)

Stock Settings With No PBO with Wraith Prism RGB cooler
CB23-5800-X.jpg

Stock Settings With No PBO with Wraith Prism RGB cooler
CB23-5800-X.jpg
Stock settings is PBO on auto.
What CPU temp? Cannot see it on hwinfo64.
14560 is a bit low for multicore 5800x stock so my guess is throttling due to temps

Here’s my stock 5800x on Noctua U14-S. Single core is about the same as yours
Multi all cores boost to 4525 /4500 with stock settings (PBO default)
3WYvPs8.png

Last edited:
@Guest2 Yea it spikes straight to 90c when i do the Multicore test as the Cooler is holding me back on the single Core test it hit 72c which is much better i only really Game tbh no Rendering etc but thinking about getting a better Cooler maybe a 240mm AIO in the Sales hopefully.

Back
Top Bottom