• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***The Official 5600X \5800X owners thread***

I have managed to snag myself a 5600x from a competitor who have it listed at only £280 after a 10% discount through some scheme at work and a £30 voucher I had from a new mobile phone contract it has ended up only costing £222 which I think is a great price.

After I sell my 3600 it will be a very cheap upgrade for quite a noticeable leap in performance/FPS in games looking at various reviews/benchmarks.

I currently run a static 4.4GHz overclock so looking forward to playing around with the curve optimiser & also try a static overclock and comparing.

I had a wraith prism cooler and had the temp jump to 90c instantly with multicore. I have now got a Fractal Design Celsius+ s24 and the temps have dropped considerably. I'd have gone with one of the top end Noctuas but they wouldnt fit in my small case. Multicore now hits 77c and gaming probably around the 60s. It also idle's at around 29c.

Glad prices are starting to come down now, soon be able to build my new system, just got to wait for stocks of PSUs to improve now

Looking for some advice please.

Can't decide between 5600X & 5800X. Mostly gaming and some video editing (5-10 minute vids in 4k). I can pick up the 5800X for just under £400 and I've currently got a 5600X on the way that I picked up for £280 (sadly no 10% discounts here).

Anyway, just wondering if the 5600X would be good enough for the 4K editing I plan to do on it? Or whether I should just spend a little more for the 5800X. I know it's a funny CPU and most recommendations either swing from 5600X to 5900X but I don't think I need to dig that deep.

Thanks

Looking for some advice please.

Can't decide between 5600X & 5800X. Mostly gaming and some video editing (5-10 minute vids in 4k). I can pick up the 5800X for just under £400 and I've currently got a 5600X on the way that I picked up for £280 (sadly no 10% discounts here).

Anyway, just wondering if the 5600X would be good enough for the 4K editing I plan to do on it? Or whether I should just spend a little more for the 5800X. I know it's a funny CPU and most recommendations either swing from 5600X to 5900X but I don't think I need to dig that deep.

Thanks

5800x gives you a bit more peace of mind and flexibility. I’m sure the 5600x will age well but if games start requiring more threads, the 5800x will be perfect.

Also running a 5800X here, first AMD CPU since my AthlonXP 2500+.

I think I prefer the pins being on the motherboard instead of the CPU :)

Very nice upgrade from my 6700K.

Coupled it with a Noctua NH-D15S black, huge cooler :)

Have been tinkering with my new 5600x in my MSI B550 Mortar with both static overclocks and using the curve optimizer.

I was managed to get a 4850MHz static over lock stable in CB20 & CB23 and in games I play.

Though the game changer being the curve optimized, with the PBO limits raised slightly and and all cores set to -12 and +400MHz it will consistently boost to 4950 to 5050Mhz.

Really impressed so far, did a few gaming benchmarks and there is quite an uplift going from a 3600 even at 1440p

My Deepcool Gammaxx L120 is struggling with it during high load tho, 85c in Cinebench R23. Having said that 4.6Ghz to 4.7Ghz Ain't bad.
Is that with settings left on defaults (PBO auto) in BIOS?
Yes, 4.6 - 4.7Ghz is great for multi core boost. You could reduce temps by locking 4.65Ghz all core with a lower voltage e.g. 1.2625V, but them you limit single core performance. Or use Curve optimiser to boost all cores whilst pegging only the good cores to high clocks

Is that with settings left on defaults (PBO auto) in BIOS?
Yes, 4.6 - 4.7Ghz is great for multi core boost. You could reduce temps by locking 4.65Ghz all core with a lower voltage e.g. 1.2625V, but them you limit single core performance. Or use Curve optimiser to boost all cores whilst pegging only the good cores to high clocks

Don't know, let me see if i can take a screenshot, BRB

Back
Top Bottom