• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***The Official 5900X \5950X owners thread***

Associate
Guys what is best way to keep temps under 70c while gaming got 5900X yesterday,playes whole afternoon its tricky cpu :)

I read it that -5/10/15 negative curve testing is a way to go in pair with lowering PPT,but not sure which PPT value is defautt for this cpu i think i saw 84 but i think its to small,on 84 95 and 100 i got 62c while gaming but not longer then 10min so its not stable,now im reading several post before about -0.875 vcore offset,so what i have to do

Mobo is msi tomahawk x570

PBO to advanced
Play with negative and test PPT or PBO to advanced and Vcore -0,875 or both?

Also what is the real temps of CPU core temp or other values
Which cooler are you using?
If you want the best performance, use pbo motherboard. That will allow upto the limits of the board. Depending how good your chiplet silicone is it might get you to -11g, -15s, -21rest. That will get you very good numbers. You should be able to set a +MHz in curve optimiser too. All will need to be tested and get to know what the chip can do though.

Associate
Yes stable one from msi site,i was using beta at first but in beta when changing PBO/curve settings while exiting from bios,bios says no changes,so i switch back to stable one,but stable one doing the same after i change something its says zero changes and exit,i apply thermal grizzly kryonat paste,case is lian li D011,6 silent wings 3 fans regular one not high speed for intake bottom and side.

Soldato
Arctic liquid Freezer 2 360,im not into chasing scores and numbers ,i just want under 70c gaming like on previous 5600x

Which revision is your artic freezer? They are up to rev 4 now with each one having an updated mounting for AM4. Not sure how much it improves temps but read it's a few degrees. You can just email them with your invoice and they send you the rev 4 mounting kit. I did it just last week.

Are you not using the artic fans that come with your cooler? I don't think silent wings are great on radiators

Associate
Not sure for Rev,but i had in box mounting for 5000 series and i follow the tutorial on paper how to mount offset for 5000 series,AIO is not the problem CPU is :) i had to do some thing with PPT,Curve,VCore offset but not sure what and how much hah

Where im saying that im using silent wings on AIO? on freezer is everything factory default,6x wings are for intake for case

Last edited:
Associate
Yes stable one from msi site,i was using beta at first but in beta when changing PBO/curve settings while exiting from bios,bios says no changes,so i switch back to stable one,but stable one doing the same after i change something its says zero changes and exit,i apply thermal grizzly kryonat paste,case is lian li D011,6 silent wings 3 fans regular one not high speed for intake bottom and side.
Saying no changes on exit is normal. They do save. Which MSI board are you running?

Associate
Tomahawk x570
Just reading back though, getting over 80c in games on your cooler doesn't sound right at all.
Couple of things i'd check is
pump speed try 100%
Fan speeds, how are they been controlled. You should be able to do a graph in the bios to control them better if needed. Even try 100% fan to check temps.
If its still not very good, I'd think your paste may need to be looked at. How do you apply it? (Full spreading the IHS is always the best way)

Associate
its constanty hitting 80c sometimes even more,even now with -15,ppt 110 i can play 10mins and does reboot system again,only this i changed,AIO im keeping at 75%,will try at 100%,fan speeds are controled in the same way like fans with argus monitor,paste i did in the middle of the cpu full spreading,i just dont get it which temps to look,argus and riva statistics are showing always max cpu temp tctl/tdie.what about core temp? core temp is way down then tctl/die

hm 100% on arctic is just 1690rpm?

Associate
its constanty hitting 80c sometimes even more,even now with -15,ppt 110 i can play 10mins and does reboot system again,only this i changed,AIO im keeping at 75%,will try at 100%,fan speeds are controled in the same way like fans with argus monitor,paste i did in the middle of the cpu full spreading,i just dont get it which temps to look,argus and riva statistics are showing always max cpu temp tctl/tdie.what about core temp? core temp is way down then tctl/die

hm 100% on arctic is just 1690rpm?
https://www2.arctic.ac/liquidfreezer2/liquid-freezer-360-en-2/
If you just did a pea of paste in the center of the CPU IHS I would repaste it and fully cover it before fitting the block.
I'd try a default bios too so all the CPU settings are default, a picture of the PC might be helpful too. The amount of issues that can be solved from pictures is surprising.

Associate
So im missing 300rpms from factory specs for AIO,i can do re paste again full body of cpu no problem

I start everything with a default bios setting,removing a bios battery,thats was a worst case scenarioo 87c

Associate
So im missing 300rpms from factory specs for AIO,i can do re paste again full body of cpu no problem

I start everything with a default bios setting,removing a bios battery,thats was a worst case scenarioo 87c
Take a picture of the paste on the cpu when you remove the cooler if possible. It will show if it was part of the issue.

Associate
hwinfo 64 is reporting the same

core temp in ryzen master and hwinfo64 are the same
tctl/die temps in hwinfo64,riva stat. and argus are the same,argus monitor and riva stat. are showing in OSD TCTL/DIE temps so higher ones
so i dont know which temps are real

and which OSD value for cpu temp i should monitor in OSD while im gaming,thats the real question

Associate
hwinfo 64 is reporting the same

core temp in ryzen master and hwinfo64 are the same
tctl/die temps in hwinfo64,riva stat. and argus are the same,argus monitor and riva stat. are showing in OSD TCTL/DIE temps so higher ones
so i dont know which temps are real

and which OSD value for cpu temp i should monitor in OSD while im gaming,thats the real question
If you download and run HWinfo64 7.07-4525. This now monitors each cores temp.

Associate
Okay obviously no one knows here which temps are real and good for monitoring while gaming,i give up for this answer :) if real temps are core clock like ryzen master is showing then im good :) in about 30min i wil dismount block and post pictures of cpu IHS

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom