*** The Official AirPods {all gens} (and AirPods Pro [and AirPods Pro 2nd generation]) thread ***

Works fine for me.

Assuming you’re on iOS 16 and your gen 2 AirPods have done the firmware update.
Thanks I’m on IOS 16 but can’t remember about the firmware upgrade. Is this via Bluetooth from phone in settings?

After a quick google it would appear the AirPods aren’t on the latest firmware so looks like I just leave them charging near my phone and they should periodically update? Why can’t you force it like the Apple Watch?

Last edited:
I've just upgraded my Gen 1 to Gen 2 and have to say I'm very impressed with the improvement in both sound and ANC. Transparency is also much better from what I've experienced when walking the dog. Used them with Apple Music and Audible and the spatial sounds from both are brilliant, Sandman Act 3 on Audible had me looking around for the noises when I was walking they were that well placed.

I'm tempted to sell my Airpod Max now I have the Airpod Pro Gen 2

I’ve just moved from Sonys on android to Airpods Max on iOS but I feel like the sound isn’t as good. Am I missing something here, some settings to tweak maybe?

Coming from the wired EarPods that I got with my iPod touch in 2012, these AirPods (3rd Generation) feel like magic! I always thought they were a gimmick with presumably awful sound and a constant risk of them falling out and getting lost. But the sound seems just fine to me, nice bass, and have been on a few walks with them and they felt snug enough. Test tomorrow when I go for a jog with them.

The magic bit is with the case, it can charge them up, hold it near the phone and it tells you how much battery is left. I was agog at how seamless it all was.

When AirPods first came out there was nothing like them in terms of set up, connecting, using etc. Most manufacturers have caught up now and you get seamless pairing on Android etc, but Apple were definitely first to make things so smooth.

That’s what apple do, seamless with all their gear. It’s the way it should be.

And a new one on me tonight. Was sitting in the living room just getting ready to shut everything off so the iPad and the iPhone were already in the bedroom. Suddenly Garmin watch bleeps (which is connected to iPad via Bluetooth) telling me that there's a phone call. So knowing that I wouldn't make it to the bedroom before the call got dropped, I answered it on my Garmin. Obviously no way to talk as it has no speaker/microphone but it gave me time to get the other devices. I ended up talking on my iPad on loud speaker with the call routed through the iPhone. More magic!

Back
Top Bottom