*** The Official AirPods {all gens} (and AirPods Pro [and AirPods Pro 2nd generation]) thread ***

The bottom piece of both my Airpod Pro 2s keeps popping out when I take them out of the case. Very finely attached by wire. Easy to pop back on and they work great, but it's still irritating.

Yeah I crumbled and took me old pros to CEX. I've ordered the new ones just because of the slightly better noise cancelling. My office is a nightmare for noise and any improvement is welcomed to save me carrying my Sony over ears to and from work. I got them for a little over £200 due to a family discount at apple so don't feel like I've thrown too much money away!

Depending on how long you’ve had your gen 1 it’s likely to be more than slightly better, due to the location of the vents on the gen 1, they would get clogged with dirt, wax, grease and this would affect bass and noise cancelling.

The gen 2 have moved the inner vent to the top so should resolve this.

Yeah I crumbled and took me old pros to CEX. I've ordered the new ones just because of the slightly better noise cancelling. My office is a nightmare for noise and any improvement is welcomed to save me carrying my Sony over ears to and from work. I got them for a little over £200 due to a family discount at apple so don't feel like I've thrown too much money away!
What do you think of them mate? Worth the upgrade for you?
I'm thinking of getting them and donating the old Pros to the other half.

iOS 16.1 has an accessibility option to disable the volume swipe if you want to, I kept accidentally changing the volume so glad of the option.

Ha, that's one thing that's driving me mad about only having AirPods normal. I have to keep asking Siri to change the volume if I've got my phone stashed away. Would love to have that feature but I can see how it might be bothersome if you are skipping tracks a lot.

I hope these things are resilient as I accidentally threw mine on the floor today! They were wrapped up in a tea towel which I had just used to dry them off a bit from my sweaty ears. Grabbed the tea towel to put it in the washer, forgetting the airpods were in there and they went flying across the room and landed with several clatters on the tiled kitchen floor. Ooops!

Then when I put them in the charger, one airpod was at 80% charge, the other at 9%. Considering they are both in use together, not sure why there is that discrepancy.

I hope these things are resilient as I accidentally threw mine on the floor today! They were wrapped up in a tea towel which I had just used to dry them off a bit from my sweaty ears. Grabbed the tea towel to put it in the washer, forgetting the airpods were in there and they went flying across the room and landed with several clatters on the tiled kitchen floor. Ooops!

Then when I put them in the charger, one airpod was at 80% charge, the other at 9%. Considering they are both in use together, not sure why there is that discrepancy.

To be honest mine do random stuff like that all the time, i’ve had AirPods since they first where released then upgraded to the pros 1 and now the 2.

It’s more like a software glitch than anything else.

What do you think of them mate? Worth the upgrade for you?
I'm thinking of getting them and donating the old Pros to the other half.
Had them a couple of days now and in all honesty I'm very surprised how much more I like the sound and improvement in noise cancelling. If you have an outlet for the old ones it's a very nice upgrade, better than I thought it would be. I use them for 8-9 hours when I'm in the office and these will be very welcome in ANC compared to the last ones. I have Sony over ears XM3's iirc and they are superb but I can only really wear them for a couple of hours at a time. These I can wear for hours and hours.

Had them a couple of days now and in all honesty I'm very surprised how much more I like the sound and improvement in noise cancelling. If you have an outlet for the old ones it's a very nice upgrade, better than I thought it would be. I use them for 8-9 hours when I'm in the office and these will be very welcome in ANC compared to the last ones. I have Sony over ears XM3's iirc and they are superb but I can only really wear them for a couple of hours at a time. These I can wear for hours and hours.
Pretty much my feelings too. I decided today to sell my AirPod pro originals. Took it to cex and got £107 for them which was pretty surprising but then they are pretty much like brand new. I tend to look after my things pretty well.

My bday was a few days ago and I got some John Lewis vouchers for £150. So toddled off to John Lewis and picked up a new pair of pros and as much as I loved the original ones, the second gen are just on another level. They got my ears much better than the original ones, I bought some memory foam tips for the original ones and they fit the 2nd gens perfectly.

ANC is much better and the transparency mode is better as well. Sound quality wise, I think they are slightly better than my original ones.

Like yourself I have a pair of Sony xm3’s which I absolutely love but I can’t wear them for long due to my ears getting hot. So I’ve given them to the wife as she likes them due to the noise cancelling especially when we are travelling.

But yes the new AirPod pros are definitely worth the upgrade over the old ones.

The bottom piece of both my Airpod Pro 2s keeps popping out when I take them out of the case. Very finely attached by wire. Easy to pop back on and they work great, but it's still irritating.

Finally got around to dropping these into the Apple Store today in Westfield. Horrible experience. I've used this for perhaps two charges since I bought them, and the problem with the bottom dropping out of both of them has been there since pretty much day 1.

Anyway, apparently this is my fault and I must pay to replace both of them. Bit mind blowing tbh. No obvious damage to either, and like I say I first noticed it a few after getting them. I should have returned them there and then tbh.

Hey ho. Anyway, I've just applied a bit of super glue to both and they're fixed. Really disappointing experience with them however in terms of support. Very dismissive, and didn't really pay much attention to what I had to say.

C'est la vie.

My AirPods Pro (1st gen) have started to crackle again. It'll cost me £30 to get them repaired. I'm not impressed, as it is the first Apple product I've had a problem with since I switched to them last year. The choices are to repair them, upgrade to 2nd gen Pros or use wired headphones in the future. I've already had them repaired once, although that was under warranty.

My AirPods Pro (1st gen) have started to crackle again. It'll cost me £30 to get them repaired. I'm not impressed, as it is the first Apple product I've had a problem with since I switched to them last year. The choices are to repair them, upgrade to 2nd gen Pros or use wired headphones in the future. I've already had them repaired once, although that was under warranty.
And have you been instore to see what they say?

Back
Top Bottom