• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE OFFICIAL AMD CHIPSET DRIVERS THREAD**

Associate
I'm not sure if its me but my system seems a touch more responsive since I installed the new drivers. Possibly imagining it mind.

You know, I was going to say the same. specifically my vega 56 seems to be behaving so much better in games like Bf5, I was getting lost frames etc, now I am locked at 75 frames all the time which is perfect. maybe the installer correctly installed all the drivers this time.

Soldato
Source

AMD Ryzen™ Chipset Driver Release Notes (2.07.14.327) Highlights
Release Highlights

• Initial support for AMD Ryzen 4000 G-Series Desktop Processors
  • Driver change details added to release note
  • Windows 10 only Release
Fixed Issues
  • Moving installer window during install process may cause installer window to flicker/move around the screen
Known Issues
  • Installer may fail to launch if executed from a folder name with non-Latin language
    • Workaround: Execute the installer from C:\AMD
  • Manual system restart required for Windows® systems configured with Non-English OS Pack
  • Windows Installer pop-up message may appear during install
  • Installer may not downgrade to older version
    • Workaround: Manually uninstall latest package from control panel and then install older package

Caporegime
Source

AMD Ryzen™ Chipset Driver Release Notes (2.07.14.327) Highlights
Release Highlights

• Initial support for AMD Ryzen 4000 G-Series Desktop Processors
  • Driver change details added to release note
  • Windows 10 only Release
Fixed Issues
  • Moving installer window during install process may cause installer window to flicker/move around the screen
Known Issues
  • Installer may fail to launch if executed from a folder name with non-Latin language
    • Workaround: Execute the installer from C:\AMD
  • Manual system restart required for Windows® systems configured with Non-English OS Pack
  • Windows Installer pop-up message may appear during install
  • Installer may not downgrade to older version
    • Workaround: Manually uninstall latest package from control panel and then install older package

EDIT: Reports of these failing to install.

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I don't know how you can do that. I've GOT TO have the latest...
Used to be that way maybe 10 years ago. Now I don't care unless I know there is something that will either fix or improve something. Same with BIOS's. My BIOS is from last year. All the new one's would not make any difference to me from what I can see so why bother? There is a saying, don't try to fix it if it aint broke :p:D

Soldato
OP
Used to be that way maybe 10 years ago. Now I don't care unless I know there is something that will either fix or improve something. Same with BIOS's. My BIOS is from last year. All the new one's would not make any difference to me from what I can see so why bother? There is a saying, don't try to fix it if it aint broke :p:D

We live in a post spectre meltdown world now, one where even the bios needs security updates.

The latest ones patch the SMM call out vulnerability.

Caporegime

or if it ain't broke, hose it!

:D

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
We live in a post spectre meltdown world now, one where even the bios needs security updates.

The latest ones patch the SMM call out vulnerability.

You are right, did not notice that. Latest one from 2 weeks ago says "Fix AMD security vulnerabilities for SMM Callout Privilege Escalation". Will update and hope it does not bork my stability. Thanks for the heads up.

or if it ain't broke, hose it!

Caporegime
AMD is aware of new research related to a potential vulnerability in AMD software technology supplied to motherboard manufacturers for use in their Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) infrastructure and plans to complete delivery of updated versions designed to mitigate the issue by the end of June 2020.

The targeted attack described in the research requires privileged physical or administrative access to a system based on select AMD notebook or embedded processors. If this level of access is acquired, an attacker could potentially manipulate the AMD Generic Encapsulated Software Architecture (AGESA) to execute arbitrary code undetected by the operating system.

AMD believes this only impacts certain client and embedded APU processors launched between 2016 and 2019. AMD has delivered the majority of the updated versions of AGESA to our motherboard partners and plans to deliver the remaining versions by the end of June 2020. AMD recommends following the security best practice of keeping devices up-to-date with the latest patches. End users with questions about whether their system is running on these latest versions should contact their motherboard or original equipment/system manufacturer.

https://www.techpowerup.com/268680/...scalation-vulnerability-affects-amd-platforms

Soldato
Failed to install for me with a 3900X on X370.
The file path is wrong in the installer, its looking for:
C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\AMD\Chipset_Driver_Installer\AMD_Chipset_Drivers\{2457B349-20D8-423A-B291-CD885B9108A1}\IODriver\PCI\PCI Driver\W7x64\dpinst64.exe.
but it only has:
C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\AMD\Chipset_Driver_Installer\AMD_Chipset_Drivers\{2457B349-20D8-423A-B291-CD885B9108A1}\IODriver\PCI\PCI Driver\WTx64\dpinst64.exe.
Someone entered a T instead of a 7:eek:

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Failed to install for me with a 3900X on X370.

Not good. The 3rd last set of drivers borked on my system. I wasn't able to uninstall them correctly.

When I did manage to install the new set they weren't showing up in add/remove and no power options.

I ended up doing a windows reinstall and then they installed cleanly.

Either you are suffering from a similar issue to me or they have scoobied up the installer again.

AMD.... come on it's the basics you need to get right to be taken seriously.

Back
Top Bottom