Poll: *** The official Apple Watch Series 8 thread (it can detect when you crash your car and everything!) ***

Which Apple Watch Series 8 will you get?

• Total voters
Soldato
Soldato
Glad I didn't splash out on an Apple strap - I found six of the same kind of band on Amazon for £10!!!!!! For all intents and purposes, they are identical apart from a slightly different texture but the key component - the velcro pads - are present.

Be careful with those, they tend to break at the lugs and then your watch falls on the floor. You either lose it or the screen breaks.

Soldato
If the black titanium Ultra 2 is real I think I’ll upgrade my 7 to that, had the same basic design since my series 2, will be nice to have something different.

I always get the SS version so pricing will be similar anyway.

Last edited:
Soldato
Now you've made me paranoid that my watch will fly off when I'm out jogging at some point. :(

Straps with metal lugs are the way forward, I've had cheaper alternatives with crappy velcro, plastic lugs and so on, the best strap I have had so far is the Spiegen one I have now, metal lugs and a loop, certainly worth the extra monies...

Last edited:
Caporegime
After using my garmin again after a 2 week holiday away and going away without needing to charge I'm so over my series 8. I badly want to go back to a newer Garmin but I just love apple fitness and the tracking. I might end up with two watches. It's only the fitness+ aspect I would miss. I cannot think of any other benefits :(

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
After using my garmin again after a 2 week holiday away and going away without needing to charge I'm so over my series 8. I badly want to go back to a newer Garmin but I just love apple fitness and the tracking. I might end up with two watches. It's only the fitness+ aspect I would miss. I cannot think of any other benefits :(

What do you love about the Garmin? The battery life?

Caporegime
What do you love about the Garmin? The battery life?
Battery life, longevity, durability, looks and fitness tracking was far better apart from not being able to use Fitness+, which as I said I adore, in fact addicted to would be nearer the mark. In fact one of the guys I watch for light hearted apple tech reviews who is a complete apple fan boy echos my thoughts. What apps do you actually use on your watch above what you wouldn't be able to use on a Garmin? I don't actually have anything special installed. I just read notifications and reply on my phone.

Associate
Right so the Ultra arrived, but came with no juice? First time that’s happened when I’ve got an Apple Watch

How long does it take on the charger before it gets up and running?

Soldato
Battery life, longevity, durability, looks and fitness tracking was far better apart from not being able to use Fitness+, which as I said I adore, in fact addicted to would be nearer the mark. In fact one of the guys I watch for light hearted apple tech reviews who is a complete apple fan boy echos my thoughts. What apps do you actually use on your watch above what you wouldn't be able to use on a Garmin? I don't actually have anything special installed. I just read notifications and reply on my phone.

Same here, the novelty of a "Smart Watch" slowly worn off for me. I've had a Venu 2 Plus for a month now and absolutely love it. Provides all the tracking I need for fitness, very sleek design, nice UI, much more accurate sensors and to top it all off it lasts me 5-6 days on one charge and takes about an hour to fully charge.

Soldato
Apple appears top of the pack when it comes to sensors and sleep tracking.

I had the AW8 before returning in and from my personal experience it wasn’t the case at all. It’s probably more to do with how often the Garmin logs data and the amount of in depth analysis it can provide too.

I’m not knocking the Apple Watch but the way I see it is if you want in depth tracking and a wider range of metrics on your health and recovery go for a Garmin, if you want a smartphone on your wrist go for an Apple. Can’t go wrong with either it’s just personal preference and what works for you

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom