Poll: *** The official Apple Watch Series 8 thread (it can detect when you crash your car and everything!) ***

Which Apple Watch Series 8 will you get?

• Total voters
Soldato
Yeh, that’s not going to happen.

If there is going to be a series 9 in September, there will be a new ultra. They’ll need to to keep feature parity.

That doesn’t mean you need to buy one every year. I’m still rocking a series 3…

Didn’t even think of that, I had my S3 until this ultra. I’ll be keeping it until the battery is knackered.

Caporegime
I read this ons another forum and when checking our watches we have the same and I cannot find the setting for it:

When I run or do an outdoor activity if I forget to start the activity I get a prompt after 10-15 minutes. I select yes I'm running and it records my run/walk from the moment I started the activity, very handy. I have a series 8. My wife's Series 6 does not do this. If she says yes I'm running, it will start the activity from then. It's doing my head in, this cannot be hardware surely, we are running the same watch IOS but I can't find a setting where hers differs for activity tracking.

Last edited:
Soldato
Using my 45mm series 8 since May, bought in the US so got it for a lot cheaper and it was on offer on Amazon US site.

So far been flawless, battery life is great too. Also got a SE 2 for the wife to use in Starlight at a banging price too.

Got a few different straps from Shein of all places as they were dirt cheap and quality seems decent.

Caporegime
My battery has been pretty good, 2 and a bit days typically. Today I picked it up from the charger at 100% and 6-8 hours later it's 10%. I have AOD off and haven't even touched the watch. Is there anywhere to actually see what has used that like on the phone? I can't find any other advice other than to unpair re-pair it.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Using my 45mm series 8 since May, bought in the US so got it for a lot cheaper and it was on offer on Amazon US site.

So far been flawless, battery life is great too. Also got a SE 2 for the wife to use in Starlight at a banging price too.

Got a few different straps from Shein of all places as they were dirt cheap and quality seems decent.

Which case is that, I'd like one to protect the edges of my sons. He's a complete klutz!

Caporegime
Ultra down to £669 on Amazon and other sites, that is tempting. Although I suspect Apple are releasing a new one?

Rumours say yes, a darker titanium version with an S9 processor.

Despite what I said about upgrading, I definitely will not be until they bring out the rumoured version with microLED display and blood pressure monitoring.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I'm in the exact same position, series 4 is still going which is impressive as its had a rough life - Apple do build them well, but yes I'm hoping for one of the new release watches in Sep (assuming they do release one!)
Cripes, what is the battery health like for you now? My sister is on series 5 and has 77% battery life, it barely lasts throughout her day now.

Man of Honour
£669 in stock at John Lewis with a medium strap. Very tempted, new one will be close to £900 I imagine and there won't be any offers for some time.

I want it as I go on my honeymoon on Sunday and I want a sports watch to wear that looks nice on holiday, I don't want to have my Bremont on all the time and my current series 5 is past its best.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom