Poll: *** The official Apple Watch Series 8 thread (it can detect when you crash your car and everything!) ***

Which Apple Watch Series 8 will you get?

• Total voters
Man of Honour
Ordered and I paid for next day delivery so it'll be here tomorrow.

Code:
Apple Watch Ultra GPS + Cellular, 49mm Titanium Case with Orange Alpine Loop, Medium

Soldato
Now I'm really tempted. My mum wants an Apple Watch but I told her to wait but this is a pretty good deal. I could give her my Apple Watch SE Second Gen and then have the Ultra myself.

I'm going to wait for the Ultra 2 - Ultra 1 will stay around £600-700 after the Ultra 2 release, so its not a once in a life time chance, see what Ultra 2 brings, if nothing much I'll go U1.

Man of Honour
AWU has arrived, initial impressions compared to my old S5 are that the physical size of it and the larger screen suit me to the ground. Waiting for the thing to update, it's clearly been in a JL warehouse for some time as it had zero power and took nearly a minute on the charger before the screen did anything.

Caporegime
What do you guys do for watch bands?

I've tried multiple cheapo ones from Amazon and they all have some foible or other - nothing can match the original Trail Loop I got with the watch - the Velcro strap makes it so much easier to adjust. Tempted to just spend £100 on getting another one from Apple. Ye gods, I must need my head testing.

Soldato

I've tried multiple cheapo ones from Amazon and they all have some foible or other - nothing can match the original Trail Loop I got with the watch - the Velcro strap makes it so much easier to adjust. Tempted to just spend £100 on getting another one from Apple. Ye gods, I must need my head testing.
I still use the band that came with my Apple Watch SE Gen 2. I quite like it although I would like a proper metal band at some point.

Soldato

Apparently the 'Ultra' band is good, I cant stand the stock bands and have always gone aftermarket, my favorite one so far is the Spiegen one I have at the mo.

Soldato
Probably worth waiting until the 9 and ultra refresh right now right? Especially with the announcements in 2-3 weeks time.

I've read the ultra will drop to £700 once the new one comes out. Going to see what the 9 is like and if not much better might go for the Ultra at that price, especially as i've got some vouchers to bring it even further down.

Associate
Probably worth waiting until the 9 and ultra refresh right now right? Especially with the announcements in 2-3 weeks time.

I've read the ultra will drop to £700 once the new one comes out. Going to see what the 9 is like and if not much better might go for the Ultra at that price, especially as i've got some vouchers to bring it even further down.
It’s £669 at JL at present.

Soldato
If they are really releasing a version 2 ultra I can’t see them keeping the first one around, that’s not what Apple do.
Well they will need to sell of old stock at other retailers, usually drop the prices to sell them off. But it would make sense selling still, if it's a couple of hundred cheaper than the new one then it's middle ground between the 9's and Ultra 2.

Associate
I use a S/M band for my Series 7-would the small band on the Ultra be ok to use?

Seen a couple of videos that you need to size up the bands accurately if you don’t want the clasp knocking on the main watch…

Back
Top Bottom