*** The Official Bloodborne Thread ***

Soldato
I enjoy the exploration more than boss fights. I've never liked boss fights. It's great when you beat them but I don't like it if it blocks your progression. Bloodborne wasn't too bad though I did get stuck a few times. I am having a harder time beating bosses in Hollow Knight than I did in Bloodborne!

Associate
Well, trying to get back into console gaming a little as I'm missing out on a lot of exclusives.
I want to work my way through the metacritic top 10 or something and saw Bloodbourne on the list, and had it from PS+

Mayyyybe I should have started with an easier game :p
I died way too many times before I realized you had to equip the weapons in your inventory, I was trying to kill the wolf at the first door with my fists.

Hard getting used to a controller again, me and the you died screen are becoming close friends.

Soldato
Well, trying to get back into console gaming a little as I'm missing out on a lot of exclusives.
I want to work my way through the metacritic top 10 or something and saw Bloodbourne on the list, and had it from PS+

Mayyyybe I should have started with an easier game :p
I died way too many times before I realized you had to equip the weapons in your inventory, I was trying to kill the wolf at the first door with my fists.

Hard getting used to a controller again, me and the you died screen are becoming close friends.
You have to fight the warewolf at the start with hands as you don't have weapons. Or you just run past it before it aggros

Soldato
Or just let it kill you and get into Hunter's Dream to choose your starting weapon:p But the game doesn't explain too much:p It's absolutely amazing, though.

Associate
So am I getting this right, you basically have to farm blood echoes to level up. Trying not to die else you drop them all and have to go recover them.
Mobs all respawn each time you die, which I guess is so you can farm the echoes?

I reached the end of the first level I think? Past the 2 giant werewolfs and there was the big meanie who I did'nt last long with = back to the beginning for me.

So does each level only have 1 lantern/repspawn spot? and after I kill this giant troll guy at the end of the first level I'm on level 2 with a new lantern respawn spot?

fez

fez

Caporegime
So am I getting this right, you basically have to farm blood echoes to level up. Trying not to die else you drop them all and have to go recover them.
Mobs all respawn each time you die, which I guess is so you can farm the echoes?

Up to a point, yes. You aren't really supposed to farm blood echoes, you just accumulate them naturally by progressing and beating bosses. The idea of the enemies respawning isn't to allow you to farm its to stop you from just brute forcing everything. You get to know the game, enemies and style of game as you play more and you should be getting better.

I reached the end of the first level I think? Past the 2 giant werewolfs and there was the big meanie who I did'nt last long with = back to the beginning for me.

So does each level only have 1 lantern/repspawn spot? and after I kill this giant troll guy at the end of the first level I'm on level 2 with a new lantern respawn spot?

There is no such thing as a level in bloodborne. Its a single huge map with different areas and lanterns all over the place.

Soldato
You don't have to farm (but you can) and you also don't have to fight everything. You can start levelling up once you have 1 Insight.

And yes, there are no levels in this game.
Basically, think of each section of Yharnam as a little sandbox area which you explore and unlock shortcuts to the boss with lanterns being your checkpoints. You can go back to previous areas freely on foot or via lanterns. Enemies respawn but once you open shortcuts you can just run straight to the boss. Defeating a boss always creates a new lantern for you to spawn at and locations can have more than one lantern.

Soldato
Finally got round to playing and completing this year. Had tried when it first came out but I tapped out at Yahar Gul.

Since then I’ve git gud at Dark Souls, completing 1 & 3 which are absolute masterpieces. So I’d thought I’d better return to Bloodborne!

For me, I prefer DS. I really like the setting of BB, but the gameplay is not as good and I found the difficulty completely sporadic. DS gets harder, BB gets more bs. Frenzy is BS, a lot of the bosses movesets are complete bs. Also the lack of interesting builds is pretty boring, DS is great fun picking and choosing armour and weapons but it’s barely worth it in BB.

Roll on Sekiro!

Associate
playing this through to completion was 5 weeks of total stress and irritation with occasional moments of euphoria hahaha. Was something I was glad I did but wasn’t going to get DS3.

No doubt I’ll be a sucker for punishment when the sequel drops.

Soldato
The setting and sound fx really did the trick for me along with the prospect of imminent death looming over my head, even though the game didn't turn out to be that hard in the end. Orphan was a *****, though:p

Soldato
I've had a PS4 for about 10 days now. I'm done with Red Dead and now I'm gonna make a start on Bloodborne.

I tried half an hour earlier.... WHERE IS MY ****ING SHIELD?!!!

After finding my bearings I'm doing OK actually. I am looking forward to getting in to it.

Back
Top Bottom