*** The Official Bloodborne Thread ***

Soldato
Right I'm finally gonna start this properly now after getting distracted by Prey(which is awesome!)

I'm enjoying it, but something I didn't think was possible - the camera is actually worse than in Souls!

Soldato
Do not use a shield in bloodborne. Dark souls they are part of the game but in this they are more of a joke item. I actually believe there are only a few in the game and the only decent one is in the dlc.

Bloodborne was designed with movement in mind hence the dodge button. Using a shield will actually put you at a massive disadvantage.

Soldato
I was joking when I said about shields:p

I was struggling, really struggling. Tried Cleric Beast 3 times and barely touched it and Father Gascoigne 3 or 4 times and I was thinking I just wasn't getting it.

I've played upwards of 400 hours in the various Souls games before this, and I've pretty much always played dual wielding, or dex builds, light armour and focused on rolling so I came in thinking this would suit me perfectly. I was really struggling, but during the Gascoigne fight suddenly it clicked. I beat him quite easily and went straight to Cleric Beast without stocking up and it barely hit me too. NOW I've got it!

It is experience that payed off... Having payed previous Souls games I know the secret is not to panic and just be patient.

... I am really surprised at how bad the camera is though!

Soldato
This is a game that rewards calculated aggression, hence the emphasis on dodges and rally mechanic. Also it's worth learning gun parry timings for enemies/bosses (those that can be parried). It's more visceral and satisfying than Souls IMO. Also, better atmosphere/lore.

Soldato
If you finish the game first you'll go into NG+ and The Old Hunters will be a lot tougher. I'd suggest doing it a bit before finishing the main game.

How far are you? I'd grab the DLC ASAP to gain access to it as it requires a certain item and if you don't get the DLC before beating a certain boss, you'll lock yourself out of it until NG+.

EDIT: Scratch that, sorry for the misinformation, the item should appear in the Hunter's Dream even if you buy the DLC after said boss. I'd buy it now just in case though, it's fantastic.

Soldato
I'll definitely be getting it. Tbh I bought the game for a fiver from CeX, and the dlc is about £15 so I might as well get rid of it and get the goty edition!

Ive just beaten Gascoigne and Cleric beast and I'll be moving forward now.

Soldato
I spent a lot of time in Cathedral Ward and Old Yharnam. In the end I found Vicar Ameilia and it was the first boss I found properly tough tbh. I just wasn't doing enough damage. Also the NPC summon was getting in my way too much so in the end I did it without on iirc my 4th attempt. It reminded me of Gaping Dragon from Dark Souls in the sense that having an NPC summon actually made it a lot harder for me!
Form then I went on to find the Blood starved beast, but that was by far the easiest boss so far!

I'm really loving it. The whole look and atmosphere of the game is amazing.

Soldato
For me it was the other way around, I killed BSB after 3 tries (died stupidly) but Amelia went down first try:p maybe because I did the BSB first and didn't know the trick.

You have the option to create Chalice Dungeons in the Dream after killing BSB so give them a whirl as well.

Soldato
For me it was the other way around, I killed BSB after 3 tries (died stupidly) but Amelia went down first try:p maybe because I did the BSB first and didn't know the trick.

Some bosses just suit a playstyle. For example, I actually struggled with Moonlight Butterfly(yes, really, I'm being serious) whereas most people would consider it laughably easy. But a boss that some people find really difficult, Flamelurker from Demon's Souls has never hit me.

I'm also really bad with any AOE attacks!

Soldato
Some bosses just suit a playstyle. For example, I actually struggled with Moonlight Butterfly(yes, really, I'm being serious) whereas most people would consider it laughably easy. But a boss that some people find really difficult, Flamelurker from Demon's Souls has never hit me.

I'm also really bad with any AOE attacks!

I think it was more because I didn't realise a certain imprtant thing on my first two tries:

:D

Back
Top Bottom