**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

Soldato
what about the mi4 though ? the non i

it has a faster cpu , is made of better material , far far better rom support.

obviously the C is faster still but stuck with miui for now

one thing confusing about xiaomi is the amount of phones and different names ! youd think the i would mean it was an upgrade but nope that just means india :p

Last edited:
Soldato
What is the chinese equivilent of a gs4/5? Phones broken and considering picking up something cheap of a similar spec, since I am on a sim only.

edit/// should have read a few post up shouldn't I. Seems this Redmi note 3 is a good option.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Even though the Redmi does better low-light visibility, it's at the cost of motion/fps, so LeTV is the winner there imo, even though it's low-light videos are darker, those can always be touched up in post-production, lost frames cannot be created.

Soldato
edit/// should have read a few post up shouldn't I. Seems this Redmi note 3 is a good option.

Although I've not used the LeTV Le 1s properly yet, I would hold off on ordering a Redmi Note 3. I'm thinking at the minute the 1s might be the better device at pretty much the same price (a few £££ cheaper for me).

Soldato
andy can you include some GPS tests with these MTK equipped handsets?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.eclipsim.gpsstatus2&hl=en_GB

Will hopefully be recording Redmi Note 3 vs LeTV Le 1s this afternoon/evening which always includes a GPS test.

I've read these don't work on some gsm bands. Will this work on a 3g connection? I don't have 4g.

I'm on EE and got 4G no problems on the Redmi Note 3. I've not put a SIM in the LeTV yet.

Soldato
Just got the honor 7 in the post today. Fantastic build quality. And fantastic bit of kit. Especially for the price it is going for on Amazon. Can't comment on the battery life yet. It was on 60% when I got it. Installed a load of apps etc and now it's down to 54%

Soldato
Correct. I think most unibody designs make it hard to allow a MicroSD.

**EDIT** Do we have an LeTV owners in this thread? Is it possible to get any widgets onto the lock screen?

Last edited:
Soldato
Great reviews Andy, really useful and informative. Was about to order an letv but will wait for the full review.

Also my only other reservation about the phone is being stuck with 32gb storage. The honor 7 covers that base, but it costs more and I dont like the look of their apple type OS, which looks to be a bit pish. How are you new owners finding it?

Back onto the letv, how did you remove the central home screen button that as default takes you to chinese tv stuff? Like the way the note 3 home screen looks with the minimalist silver icons, could something similar be done on the letv ?

Cheers

Last edited:
Soldato
Thanks for the comments.

I simply installed Nova Launcher. Can't stand just an array of icons, I really don't know how iOS users cope. Same layout could easily be achieved on the LeTV with an icon pack and wallpaper.

Back
Top Bottom