*** The Official Diablo III Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
15th may!! :( I thought it was gonna be April. Oh well, guess we have waited long enough already

I'm quite happy with the date tbh, gives me and my mate a chance to finally go through Diablo 2 and the expansion finally before it's released. We always end up doing the first 2 or 3 chapters then playing something else, so will be good to finally do the whole thing together :).

Is GW2 definitely the 10th of April?

/Takei: oh my...

How is this shaping up? I've been playing Path of Exile a LOT and undecided wether I should stick with that or both.

Well, it's £15 basically, assuming you'd have otherwise bought two 6 month subs for £46.14 each :), still a lot cheaper if you'd be subbed to WoW anyway.

So £15.60, you can get it for £33 in retail.

Most people will think of it as a free game but in reality it doesn't work out like that at all:

• how many players have time to play WoW 12 months in a year
  • how many of those will have time to play both WoW and Diablo 3
  • how many would decide against resubscribing if it weren't for the promotion

Diablo III is £33 from Amazon, I bet you will be able to get it for £30 or less before release if you look around.

60 days pre-paid cards for WoW cost around £15-16, get a few of these and activate when you play, take a break when you get Diablo III and when playing is not

Buying the pre-paids and D3 from Amazon (or elsewhere, if cheaper) will give you over 9 months of gameplay and the game + some change and no need to be bound by the year long contract.

Also, you don't feel pressure to play the game because you've already paid for it and you can control your finances better.

It's a great marketing from Blizzard but in no way is it a good offer for most players.

So £15.60, you can get it for £33 in retail.

Most people will think of it as a free game but in reality it doesn't work out like that at all:

• how many players have time to play WoW 12 months in a year
  • how many of those will have time to play both WoW and Diablo 3
  • how many would decide against resubscribing if it weren't for the promotion

Diablo III is £33 from Amazon, I bet you will be able to get it for £30 or less before release if you look around.

60 days pre-paid cards for WoW cost around £15-16, get a few of these and activate when you play, take a break when you get Diablo III and when playing is not

Buying the pre-paids and D3 from Amazon (or elsewhere, if cheaper) will give you over 9 months of gameplay and the game + some change and no need to be bound by the year long contract.

Also, you don't feel pressure to play the game because you've already paid for it and you can control your finances better.

It's a great marketing from Blizzard but in no way is it a good offer for most players.

I never said it was a good offer for most people, I said it was for those that would be subbed to wow for the year anyway.

I never said it was a good offer for most people, I said it was for those that would be subbed to wow for the year anyway.

Yeah, it's a good offer for regular subscribers but not a huge saving nonetheless. :)

Been considering it myself but I figured out I cannot contribute to playing WoW for 12 months straight so it would be a waste of money anyhow.

Yeah, it's a good offer for regular subscribers but not a huge saving nonetheless. :)

Been considering it myself but I figured out I cannot contribute to playing WoW for 12 months straight so it would be a waste of money anyhow.

BTW, if you want to use time cards, buying 6 for £16 each will give you the years WoW sub required, as well as Diablo 3, which is cheaper than the 5 time cards and buying Diablo 3, or £2 more than buying 4 time cards as well as Diablo 3 for £30 (that's actually £1 more expensive still, if you can only get Diablo for £33).

I'll pick it up if and when it ends up in a sale later in the year unless the reviews from players are fantastic. Once upon a time i was excited as hell for the game but have lost interest over the years as more info was released. I'm looking forward to Path of Exile more these days.

Just signed up for Path of Exile, looks quite good. They give out keys a lot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom