***** The Official Division Thread *****

Soldato
So do they go rogue if they cut the rope? Sounds like a crap idea for solo players, at he moment I can still solo and pick up some gear but cutting the rope is just another grief spot. Are they trying to annoy their remaining player base?

Its going to be hell for solo players lol, I watched the second stream from tonight and theres going to be those random mystery boxes but only issue is they contain guranteed division tech and 4k-6k DZ funds each!
Theres never any real mystery anymore about random people engaging you, 99% just nail you and thats with no swag bag on either. Imagine how itll be with a chance youre carrying these things :D
One thing I was looking out for was the improvement to characters ability to take damage with this update so saw on the stream the Massive dev got creamed in 3 seconds still!

Soldato
I've really never seen this aggression in the DZ, am I just really lucky? Everyone just wanders on their merry way when I'm playing! Think I've been killed about 3 times by random rogues ever and I'm level 57?

Soldato
Its going to be hell for solo players lol, I watched the second stream from tonight and theres going to be those random mystery boxes but only issue is they contain guranteed division tech and 4k-6k DZ funds each!
Theres never any real mystery anymore about random people engaging you, 99% just nail you and thats with no swag bag on either. Imagine how itll be with a chance youre carrying these things :D
One thing I was looking out for was the improvement to characters ability to take damage with this update so saw on the stream the Massive dev got creamed in 3 seconds still!

I've grabbed a few of he drops even on my own, never got anything better than some purples, didn't notice if they gave dz funds. 4-6k would be worth the hunt.

I play mainly solo in dz and try and avoid the big groups. There is always some cowardly back stabber in there waiting for a big Npc fight and shot you when you are not aware.

Caporegime
I've really never seen this aggression in the DZ, am I just really lucky? Everyone just wanders on their merry way when I'm playing! Think I've been killed about 3 times by random rogues ever and I'm level 57?

depends if you're in a group or not.

If you're on your own, there are lots of people who will kill you on sight just because they can. If you're in a group, they tend to avoid picking the fight unless they're deliberately playing to have fun by going rogue.

Associate
I've soloed the DZ up to level 62 and enjoy evading rouges. Pulse scrambler is your friend :) without rogues it would get boring.

Only issue I'm having is leveling up without PvPing, takes too long now.

Soldato
current build that im happy with. roll on 1.2 so i can get better.

bBgqonqh.png.jpg

Very good stats! I have roughly 3.4k Firepower but only have 200k DPS according to the UI.

Could you post your detailed weapon/damage stats as well? So the weapon damage, crit %, headshot % etc.?

Stolen from Reddit:

Special Report for Update 1.2: Conflict

This is the Special Report for the 1.2 Conflict update that will be released on May 24th.

The main topics were of course – as touched in the last three State of the Game streams - the new Incursion Clear Sky, the new loot system, the Dark Zone changes and of course the new PVE activities. These are the notes from the stream categorized in the different topics:

Incursion

Lead level designer Magnus Jonsson introduced the new incursion

What is Clear Sky all about:

In Columbus Circle, Rikers have seized one of the anti-aircraft sites abandoned by the Last Man Battalion. Now, they control the entire Manhattan airspace, and are taking possession of the supply drops. It is now your job, to neutralize this new threat and get these weapons back under the control of The Division.

Features and facts from Clear Sky:
•It is outside and can have different weather (big difference from Falcon Lost)
•It appears to be a more a classic mission
•The weather is toned down, so you won´t get the worst weather like blizzard, where you can only see a few meters.
•The weather is random, so you can´t choose that.
•The main enemy is the Rikers, so it is a more nightmarish encounter than with the LMBs
•Gear Score recommendation for hard is 160
•There is an open street at the beginning, you need to recover explosives from mobs and blast your way into Columbus Circle
•You need to be more mobile than Falcon Lost, you can´t camp out in a pit
•The way to Columbus Circle is a DPS check, that gives you an impression, if you can handle the rest
•There is a checkpoint once you have reached Columbus Circle.
•Clear Sky supports the different roles – more tank, distance DPS and healers.
•The map is almost a replica of the real thing
•You can pickup Med-Packs from the Restock Crate at the checkpoint, so you don´t have to attempt the second part of the mission with only 2 Med-Packs after you died.
•Challenge mode will come out one week after 1.2 is deployed (exact dates will be revealed)

New open-world activities

Search and Destroy missions
•Search and Destroy (S&D) missions can be accepted from the Situation Board in the different Safe Houses.
•You can only accept S&D missions, once you have cleared all Encounters and Sidemissions of a District.
•There is an exclamation point next to the Save House, when new missions are available
•S&D missions are random events that spawn on the map and your mission is to kill a group of mobs.
•Each time you clear the S&D missions, you get an Intel Token. When you have cleared every mission of a District, you get additional two Intel Tokens.

High Value Target Missions
•In the Base of Operations there are 2 new NPCs, where you can accept daily and weekly High Value Target Missions. Dailies are cheap 5 – 15 Intel Tokens, weeklies are more expensive and can cost up to 60 Intel Tokens
•There are 6 daily and 4 weekly High Value Target missions
•High Value Target missions have a timer on them that starts as soon as you accept the mission.
•Normal High Value Target missions can be done as many times as it takes to complete them, High Risk Missions can only be attempted once.
•The most difficult High Value Target missions have up to level 32 NPCs
•High Value Target missions have different difficulties and the highest difficulty can drop 240 gear items

You can read the full explanation about these missions in the new Intelligence Annex #10: Spice it up

Balancing / Changes
•They want to move away from the crafting to be the best source of loot – in-game activities should be the primary source of loot
•There should be multiple sources to get the best loot
•1.2 will be more generous, better loot and it will have a clear progression
•Nomad Set will still be designated to the Dark Zone, but it can also drop in other activities
•No weapon balancing, but there will be changes to the combat mechanics
•Talents will be changed (for example Brutal and Balanced) and with the new gear sets, they will buff other weapons that are not really popular right now (LMG / Shotgun / Assault Rifle)
•Sentry´s Call will be changed, so that the debuff-mark can only be applied with semi-automatic weapons. That should make it a more of a support / sniper set
•The armor cap is increased to 75% Damage Mitigation. That should give the players more survivability against the most dangerous enemies

Loot
•New loot System - read the full explanation here
•There are new level 32 weapon mods

Dark Zone
•New Dark Zone 200+ gear score bracket
•200+ should separate the low geared players from the maxed out and min/maxed players
•200+ Bracket enemies will go from 32 up to level 34
•200+ Will have only High End Division Tech
•Supply Drops will give you high ends items and they can also drop one of the 8 gear sets
•A Stash was added to each Checkpoint

Hijack Extractions
•It made no sense that you can just attach the loot to the cable and then run away
•After 1.2 the loot is no longer safe once it is attached to the cable
•You have to protect the loot as long as the helicopter has not departed
•The items will drop when the rope is cut and can be picked up from everybody
•Once the rope is cut, the extraction is canceled and you have to call a new one
•The items will not drop in one big pile it will be scattered all over the extraction area (lootsplosion)
•When a player tries to cut the rope, they will go Rogue immediately, so you won´t be punished when you protect your loot.
•The cutting of the rope takes longer when the player is hit by bullets and with constant damage, the player won´t be able to cut the rope.
•They will keep track on the feedback about this new feature, because in the end, a game should be fun.

Sealed Caches

•Can drop from all NPC in different rarities
•Only Named NPCs will drop High End Sealed Caches
•They contain High End Division Tech / Dark Zone Funds / Gear Items / Weapons and Mods
•They need to be extracted
•You won´t know the exact content until you have extracted and opened them

New Gear Sets
•The New Gear Set are and play different
•The should not just improve your stats, but they should change they way you play

Final Measure is a new defensive set.
•2) 50% Exotic Damage Resilience
•3) 15% Protection from Elites
•4) When you you damage a player or an NPC with a grenade, you get a defuse buff, that allows you to defuse enemy grenades. When you defuse an enemy grenade it also gives you a grenade. (Also works with mortars in Falcon Lost)

Hunter’s Faith is a new long range set.
•2) 20% Marksmen Rifle critical hit damage
•3) 20% Damage to elite
•4) Every time you land a shot depending on the distance to the target, it will give you Damage Resistance against enemy weapon damage – you can go above 75% Damage Mitigation. The additional armor disappears after one bullet hits you.

Predator’s Mark new support set.
•2) 20% Optimal Range
•3) 800 Assault Rifle Damage
•3) 700 Pistol Damage
•4) Every time you hit 10 Bullets without switching the target, will apply bleed to the target. The bleed damage will be 100% of the damage already done by the bullets.

Lone Star is a DPS (damage per second) gear set.
•2) 100% Ammo Capacity
•3) 1000 LMG Damage
•3) 1000 Shotgun Damage
•4) Every time you holster a weapon it will automatically be reloaded

Screenshots

Patch Notes and release time
•Patch notes will be released on Monday
•Conflict will be deployed in the 3 hour maintenance on may 24th starting at 9:01 CEST / 00:01am PDT / 03:01am EDT.

1.2 Preparations
•Clear all Encounters and Sidemissions in the Districts, so you can access the Search and Destroy missions when 1.2 is released.

Soldato
I like the sound of the light zone additions, sometimes you just want to wander round on your own and do stuff that isn't collecting people's mobile phones/laptops/drones so this is good. Plus some is for 240 gear which is even better! (Probably performance mods and holsters but meh.. :o) lol

Plus the extraction/rope cutting shenanigans/lootplosions sound funny. Unless your the one with the green gear/sealed caches that get stolen. Basically if you see guys with no yellow extraction packs at extraction sites, you know what they are there for... :D

Soldato
I've soloed the DZ up to level 62 and enjoy evading rouges. Pulse scrambler is your friend :) without rogues it would get boring.

Only issue I'm having is leveling up without PvPing, takes too long now.

I'm at 47 mainly soloing. It is fun hiding from groups and running around in dz. but can be frustrating too if groups are intentionally hunting solo players in groups.

Soldato
Playing solo in the DZ on PS4 is a nightmare. Havent really been able to level up much as I just get blasted by rogues 24/7. Gets a bit tedious tbh.

I hear you man, its pretty poor really. Part of the attraction for me with the DZ was fighting side by side with randoms and the suspense was much more of a thing. Now though, its just free for all/shoot on sight or in the back etc.
I was killed by a scumbag a few days back, me and one randomer cleared an extraction area and called it in, everything seems quite friendly then when I was putting the bag on the rope I got nailed from the side lol.

With all this new stuff coming into the DZ and everyone running around with full bags (thats actually very valuable if its DZ credits etc) its going to be fun fun fun!

Soldato
Gah this game really grinding my nuts. Took a while to get an LP group kept getting grouped with guys around 150 gear score. Then the can not respawn thing.

Did hard mode first try with the random group only to be awarded with a 214 back pack that's worse than my 191 version!!!!!

I hope they have tweaked the random rolls a bit as this is just stupid.

Associate
Hey, i've got on you xbox dhill not managed to jump in a game with you but i'm keen to grind incursion if/when i catch you online (i'm mustytortoise4). I've run it around 5 times now, best time was 25 minutes but one of the guys was crazy stats, keen to improve my gear sets. That goes for anyone on xbox one, feel free to add to grind out incursion.

I have attempted it on challenging once, 3 of us were waaaaaay above our heads, didnt make it past the shot gunners.

Associate
Gah this game really grinding my nuts. Took a while to get an LP group kept getting grouped with guys around 150 gear score. Then the can not respawn thing.

Did hard mode first try with the random group only to be awarded with a 214 back pack that's worse than my 191 version!!!!!

I hope they have tweaked the random rolls a bit as this is just stupid.

Join us. Venom knows challenge mode inside out and we always do it first time.

Back
Top Bottom