***The Official Dying Light 2 thread***

Caporegime
Played a good session there and on the whole, loving this :cool:

- visually one of the most stunning games imo, screenshots don't do it justice, definitely very much like metro and cp 2077 in the sense, you need to see it with your own eyes with the way you interact and move around. The city feels "lived" in, dense, true sense of **** went down here

Despite initial concerns of it being too dark, it's really not an issue imo:

6p0AKZp.png

YaZIwPi.png

fW7XQTS.png

MuBWZ3T.png

OMxNnQj.png

wpMBIXC.jpg

VZNGG5U.png

cxJhbUv.png

Some random screenshots:

LT3tP5r.jpg

NfqMUzH.jpg

0PC3jQM.jpg

aRkuMop.jpg

EIkDQda.jpg

23Bs3Mg.jpg

66doEsK.jpg

Y14cx3N.jpg

c1JZv4p.jpg

f1hCL5a.jpg

sfc01pc.jpg

- gameplay wise, very good, if you like first game, you'll like this

Now that I'm in the city, fps has gone back up so I've switched back to dlss quality with everything at max @ 3440x1440

Man of Honour
The city feels "lived" in, dense, true sense of **** went down here

Definitely this, its amazing how many supposedly great games dont make their gameworlds feel lived in, no matter how good their graphics are they just make gameworlds that feel more like games than worlds. DL2 does a terrific job of creating a world which feels believable.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Definitely this, its amazing how many supposedly great games dont make their gameworlds feel lived in, no matter how good their graphics are they just make gameworlds that feel more like games than worlds. DL2 does a terrific job of creating a world which feels believable.
Yep. From everything I have seen so far I feel the game is not getting the praise it deserves. Not had a single bug yet myself after 4-5 hours personally.

Soldato
This amused me more than it probably should have from the PCGamer link posted earlier 'Oh, and whatever you do, make sure you turn off motion blur. I'd rather join the ranks of the undead than play this game with the default motion blur settings.' :p

Too pricey for me atm though

Caporegime
Uploading some 3440x1440 footage. Tried 4k but even with dlss performance, not enough grunt with max settings, outside areas around 30-40 fps. Rather play maxed with RT at 3440x1440 than reduce RT @ 4k

Yep. From everything I have seen so far I feel the game is not getting the praise it deserves. Not had a single bug yet myself after 4-5 hours personally.

It's always my biggest complaint with games, the worlds just feel empty, lifeless and boring thus no interest to explore or really get immersed in the game.

Unity really opened my eyes to how bland game worlds were and sadly not many have lived up to that since until likes of cp 2077, rdr 2 (when in towns) this and a couple others.

Associate
:cry:

Guess what I just found out Matt?

8GB IS NOT ENOUGH!!

Everything was fine for ages until I hit a in game cut scene with Hakon. Suddenly fps dropped from 57 to 19-21fps slideshow :cry:

Went from DX12 Ultimate to DX12 and turned off the RT effects and boom everything back to normal. Can't say I am surprised to be honest. That said as soon as the cut-scene was over I turned RT back on and everything went back to 57fps again. Going to leave RT on and see when is the next time the fps tanks again and let ya'll know :D

AMD users can't have RT on anyway so all that extra vram is wasted in this game anyways :p:D

That scene killed my 3080 too with DF settings at 1440p had to quit game and go back in to get them back to 60fps. Im getting the odd stutter now and then which drops me from 60fps pretty noticeable on my Oled TV which needs to be vsyncd to 60fps

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
That scene killed my 3080 too with DF settings at 1440p had to quit game and go back in to get them back to 60fps. Im getting the odd stutter now and then which drops me from 60fps pretty noticeable on my Oled TV which needs to be vsyncd to 60fps
Interesting. I guess 10GB is not enough!! :p:cry:

Would be interested in seeing someone with a 3090 comment on if they got a dip in performance on that scene. Maybe it was not vram and some other issue as I have not had problems since that scene.

Would be cool if I can finish the whole game without any other issues, then I can say I guess 8gb is enough after all lol. I mean between now and the release of next gen cards this is easily the most demanding game I will be playing, so if my poorly 8gb card can handle this then I am golden until then :D

Associate
Interesting. I guess 10GB is not enough!! :p:cry:

Would be interested in seeing someone with a 3090 comment on if they got a dip in performance on that scene. Maybe it was not vram and some other issue as I have not had problems since that scene.

Would be cool if I can finish the whole game without any other issues, then I can say I guess 8gb is enough after all lol. I mean between now and the release of next gen cards this is easily the most demanding game I will be playing, so if my poorly 8gb card can handle this then I am golden until then :D

Definitely not Vram as it was only using 9493

Caporegime
Few screenshots from the very start of the game. 4K native, max settings but with all RT off, everything set to very high or high. Lowest FPS i saw was 71, highest into the 100s. Average 80-85 ish as a rough estimate. Not sure if the start is demanding or not compared to other parts.

Click picture twice for HQ original.

Bit short of my 100FPS target, but can maybe get near there with a few tweaks to the settings. Seems to run very well, definitely feels more fluid with higher FPS over 60 from the short play I had.

Will have a proper play tomorrow and get some footage up on YouTube, bed time now.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've played the opening 2hrs. I like it!

If you liked Dying Light 1 you will like Dying Light 2.

Performance seems good. I have everything maxed out with a RTX 3080 at 1440p using DLSS Quality and it runs like a beauty.

I forgot to say combat is actually not bad either.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Few screenshots from the very start of the game. 4K native, max settings but with all RT off, everything set to very high or high. Lowest FPS i saw was 71, highest into the 100s. Average 80-85 ish as a rough estimate. Not sure if the start is demanding or not compared to other parts.

Click picture twice for HQ original.

Bit short of my 100FPS target, but can maybe get near there with a few tweaks to the settings. Seems to run very well, definitely feels more fluid with higher FPS over 60 from the short play I had.

Will have a proper play tomorrow and get some footage up on YouTube, bed time now.
Yeah, your expectation was way to high with regards to fps ;)

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
8lkmgOd.jpg

A sight I never thought I'd see for a new AAA game :p

Edit*

Did anyone else redeem the free legendary machete?

machete.jpg

Also, DLSS Quality vs Balanced, a 10fps difference but visually, the difference is virtually non existent unless you are pixel peeping, and even then....

Balanced:
DLSS_Balanced.jpg

Quality:
DLSS_Quality_.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Feel like I have just wasted 3 hours playing Dying Light 2 4 player CO_OP to just find out only the host progress through the story :cry:
Load up your own single player save and you left at the point before you started playing CO-OP but you do keep all the loot you have gotten.

I just do not understand how the game can not save progress for all the players? Is it really that hard?

Game running at maxed out setting without the RT at 4k FSR Quality mode boosts frames to almost double.

Sure if you go and zoom in I think you will find some issues with FSR but running it while playing its so smooth most of the time close to 100fps

38795022a96614eb9c5f0f7e273971384da259051fe886f2510ae314ad0dc17a48b41485.jpg

535346455e0d06d88107ed0b0b7622b2ed4ef70ae4fd3bb32d98f9aaa94a830d8f44af2b.jpg

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Feel like I have just wasted 3 hours playing Dying Light 2 4 player CO_OP to just find out only the host progress through the story :cry:
Load up your own single player save and you left at the point before you started playing CO-OP but you do keep all the loot you have gotten.

I just do not understand how the game can not save progress for all the players? Is it really that hard?

Game running at maxed out setting without the RT at 4k FSR Quality mode boosts frames to almost double.

Sure if you go and zoom in I think you will find some issues with FSR but running it while playing its so smooth most of the time close to 100fps

38795022a96614eb9c5f0f7e273971384da259051fe886f2510ae314ad0dc17a48b41485.jpg

535346455e0d06d88107ed0b0b7622b2ed4ef70ae4fd3bb32d98f9aaa94a830d8f44af2b.jpg
FSR is terrible in this game man, surprised anyone uses it to be honest. You don’t need to zoom in to see it. It is as bad if not worse than DLSS 1.0 which was **** imo. Running FSR Performance vs DLSS Performance there was a huge difference to IQ for me. There is a much smaller difference between DLSS Quality and Performance at 4K for example.

The only thing I can think of is AMD cards are able to run FSR better somehow? Nothing else explains to me why you would use it.

Back
Top Bottom