***The Official Dying Light 2 thread***

Soldato
When did anyone (or even just me) say it had no tension at all? It is just way down on the sense of danger and tension of the original. Graphically it has quite a lot of low res textures and low poly models. I do like the detail and density of the city and that is much better than the original and there are improvements, so it's not terrible.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Whoever raged about the side quest about finding the guys fish; the joke here is, you don’t. You just talk to him, he tells a long story, quest complete.
That was me :cry:

The guys asks for help about his fish, so it looked like it would start a fetch quest. Basically it gives you two options as I recall, I assumed if you picked the one where I did not show sympathy it would not start the quest and vice verse :D

Here is the quest.

Caporegime
Don't know how people can say there is no tension in this, probably need new pants after my playthrough there :p Uploading video now (probably be a hour or so till uploaded and hd version processed). Had my first "bug" there too, a howler that was frozen/stuck and not taking any damage, not exactly a gameplay breaker though.

Where possible, I skip to the morning :p
That's good to hear!
That was me :cry:

The guys asks for help about his fish, so it looked like it would start a fetch quest. Basically it gives you two options as I recall, I assumed if you picked the one where I did not show sympathy it would not start the quest and vice verse :D

Here is the quest.
You would wouldn’t you ;)
I think that name might stick, my fishy friend. :p

Caporegime
When did anyone (or even just me) say it had no tension at all? It is just way down on the sense of danger and tension of the original. Graphically it has quite a lot of low res textures and low poly models. I do like the detail and density of the city and that is much better than the original and there are improvements, so it's not terrible.

True don't think anyone said "no tension", kind of just read like it was being insinuated.

"That true tension of going out at night, that is missed"

Game feels just as tense, if not more than the first imo, I really dread going out at night in this, well actually I really dread going into any dark buildings especially the dark zones :o I think this game "forces" you to go out at night more too? As from what I remember there was only a couple of missions where you were forced in the first game i.e. you could just wait till the morning for most of the missions? Could be argued with the RT, the immersiveness is far better (imo) thus makes the game feel more tense.

Well, there has to be a balance to the RTX force of you and Nexus. :D

:cry:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Well, there has to be a balance to the RTX force of you and Nexus. :D
You are just seeing things due to your biases :)

You should know better, I do not take sides. If RT is better and especially in a game I like and I will speak about it naturally. Like only a few days ago I mentioned I was not impressed with the graphics or even the game when it comes to Metro Exodus and I was told by Nexus to go to specsavers :cry:

Someone like Grim is a fan of RTX a lot more than me. He even loved and defended DLSS 1.0 when I was slating it for the crap it was. But you already know this ;)

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
I'll take that off topic as a guilty admittance to not listening then, Mr Fishrager. :D

This also known as sticking fingers in ears? :p

I do not take sides. If RT is better and especially in a game I like and I will speak about it naturally. Like only a few days ago I mentioned I was not impressed with the graphics or even the game when it comes to Metro Exodus and I was told by Nexus to go to specsavers :cry:

Someone like Grim is a fan of RTX a lot more than me. He even loved and defended DLSS 1.0 when I was slating it for the crap it was. But you already know this ;)

Not sure about that one, will give you the benefit of the doubt. ;) I may need evidence on that nexus point though. :D

Grim reminds me of something else he says a lot and was sure he changed his tune over something recently. It will come to me one day.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
This also known as sticking fingers in ears? :p
Evidence? ;)

Not sure about that one, will give you the benefit of the doubt. ;) I may need evidence on that nexus point though. :D

There you go ;)

Grim reminds me of something else he says a lot and was sure he changed his tune over something recently. It will come to me one day.
He has come a long way the past year or so. He was a bit confused before and there is a reason people would say all the gear no idea to him :cry:

I complemented him for his growth recently too :p:D

HRL

HRL

Soldato
People who say RT is not noticeable need LASIK.

Even utterly mundane scenes like this one looks much more realistic with RTGI

RT OFF:

dyinglight2stayhumans4ck4d.png

RT ON.

dyinglight2stayhumans4kjt9.png

Indeed. The subtle shadows with RT on look incredibly lifelike IMO. Not quite photorealistic but really not far off it.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
He has come a long way the past year or so. He was a bit confused before and there is a reason people would say all the gear no idea to him :cry:

I complemented him for his growth recently too :p:D

Yes he has improved greatly although maybe you have coached him on the chef stirring..? :p

I see the Specsavers - awesome!! :D

Soldato
Although I am likely to finish this I would say that there is lttle improvement from the first game in fact I would go so far to say that this should have come out first as there is much that makes no sense in this game.
Why do the weapons of bandits etc disappear, why did the devs do away with the repair option?
And the parkour does not seem as fluid as it was in the first game.
I also find changing consumerables very hit and miss.
Graphically at ground level I find it all very bland and certainly not as colourful and bright as the first game and I am playing on 3080 ti.

Caporegime
My footage of indoor mission and bit of night play as mentioned earlier (yt takes absolutely ages to process 1080p version.... still doing the 4k version too....):

Maybe matt or someone who isn't using any RT could record and upload a video of this side mission to compare? It's not too far into the game, iirc, mission is in the church base talking to the guy in the corner bench at the bar.

Graphically at ground level I find it all very bland and certainly not as colourful and bright as the first game and I am playing on 3080 ti.

You're just too used to artificial/cartoon like lighting :p

But I do get what you mean, it depends on the time of the day i.e. if sun is low in the sky with dull clouds etc. then it doesn't "pop" where as during the day with a bright blue sky, the game is overly colourful looking but this is the whole point of RT, to give realistic lighting etc., much like real life too, if it is dull/cloudy or earlier in morning with lack of sunshine, then it looks dull/bland too.

Some random screenshots, character detail is rather good imo.

IGCMSCr.png

jUo2euv.png

y0EH4N4.jpg

4i0zgsy.jpg

TjicBl8.jpg

1mmj1fI.jpg

ju4ZZhZ.png

Clc4tUe.png

013zkay.png

qc4rXlo.png

E18vQ8W.jpg

DZU5lxp.png

zy2lUOP.jpg

vZ6AFUo.jpg

7bvp19T.png

0y1yKq6.png

5BkoJoz.jpg

I think the cutscenes are using a weird mix of RT and rasterization as the lighting etc. changes when you enter and come out of the cutscene.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom