***The Official Dying Light 2 thread***

Caporegime
For ones saying about blur, make sure you set AA to low, high made it blurrier in my experience, especially if using dlss as dlss acts as aa.

How are you getting on @Nexus18 ?

I have done everything there is to do in the first area so far, plus everything in downtown section. Working on getting up all the windmills and resting areas, power stations, metro’s and bandit camps at the moment :)

The plan is to basically do as much as I can do before continuing the story. Probably a good 10-15 hours of content at least I would imagine before I am done and move to story missions.

Still really enjoying it. Love kicking the bandits flying off buildings. Kicked one of the lieutenants off while liberating a bandit camp by mistake. Easy kill, but then you miss out on the loot, as who can be asked to chase down where the body landed after :cry:

Loving it, still at start bit of the second area just doing side bits and just admiring the city :D

ne0

ne0

Associate
Bug wise this game isn't too bad, its just not that enjoyable. Can't quite see what the issue is but if you find yourself without a side mission and a reason to go tearing around the map the sandbox world doesn't feel too convincing with the same dialogue being used by NPCs etc. Yeah I did have the NPC slam doors in my face during a key running away sequence that was extremely funny :) it went full GTA script style at that point.
  • You have to guess how some ropes are going to handle; normal sandbox physics or helping hand script mode.
  • The camera is fixed while paragliding, but I'm pretty sure people can still move their head around irl.
  • For some reason gas canisters don't get set off unless you get really close, like the auto aim is auto missing, but auto aim isn't a thing for mouse users? I'm in range as the knife hits zombies.
  • it doesn't run fast enough on a 3070, need a future 4080, and they will cost £4080
  • DLSS is blurry
  • its blurry
  • moving makes it look blurry
  • the tress and leaves are blurry
  • massive rain blobs on the lens make it look blurry
:)

it's literally not blurry especially after the last couple of patches. I'm playing at 5160 x 2160 DLDSR, DLSS Performance, all ray tracing etc maxed out and a locked 60fps but with AA on low for a sharper image. Sharpness is on 75. Game is not blurry AT ALL.

I think the 'problem' with this game is that to run it at its best, yes you need a very powerful rig but tbh I see that as a positive as it's pushing PC hardware and not just made for consoles.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Loving it, still at start bit of the second area just doing side bits and just admiring the city :D
Same here. Surprised some people make it sound like the graphics are rubbish. I find some areas look awesome and I am enjoying paragliding around. So much yet to explore. I am 35 hours in and I would imagine I have about that much more to go :D

Associate
So I was lucky enough to grab a 3080 at the last founders drop, however I'm not getting any RT options in my favorite game :(

I can't find anyone else with this problem and RT works in other games, does anyone know why this game thinks I don't have a RT card?
I have deleted the settings file and updated drivers, but no joy.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
So I was lucky enough to grab a 3080 at the last founders drop, however I'm not getting any RT options in my favorite game :(

I can't find anyone else with this problem and RT works in other games, does anyone know why this game thinks I don't have a RT card?
I have deleted the settings file and updated drivers, but no joy.
Did you change direct x version to 12 ultimate?

Soldato
I have given it my best shot and was desperate to like it after enjoying the first so much but for me it just is not doing it.
The paraglider is a joke there are far to many timed missions where just trying to figure out how to get to where I need to be eats up most of the time. Combat is awful as is the UI.

Caporegime
Key bindings are killing me quite literally. I bring up the dial for changing weapons and equipment, but when I move the mouse to try and take a medkit or switch weapon (with the dial on screen), nothing happens. So i have to go into the menu and switch things around there, it's the only way that works. I see there's a lot of key bind mods out there, gonna have to look into those as this is making life difficult. Not sure how these things slipped past QA.

Caporegime
Key bindings are killing me quite literally. I bring up the dial for changing weapons and equipment, but when I move the mouse to try and take a medkit or switch weapon (with the dial on screen), nothing happens. So i have to go into the menu and switch things around there, it's the only way that works. I see there's a lot of key bind mods out there, gonna have to look into those as this is making life difficult. Not sure how these things slipped past QA.
Just found this. Looks like disconnecting your controller may fix the issue with the weapon/equipment/consumable wheel. PC Controls for Dying Light 2 need work : dyinglight (reddit.com)

Associate
Back
Top Bottom