*** The Official Elite: Dangerous Thread ***

I didn't like the orangey hue of the galactic core. It's quite amazing what effect altering just two small numbers in an xml file can have.

JxOeTPe.jpg

rluVhN3.jpg

Between me converting the screenshot.bmp files to png and uploading to Imgur the Image quality has taken a slight hit, but you get the idea though. It looks top notch in motion in-game.

That is awesome, any chance to share how you achieved this?

That is awesome, any chance to share how you achieved this?

You need open up the the C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Local\Frontier_Developments\Products\elite-dangerous-64\GraphicsConfiguaration.xml file and edit these two sections.

You only have to edit the section that applies to your settings in game, I have mine set to High in-game so I only edited the<TextureSize> entry in the <High> section. For a larger background image, just change the setting to use a texture size of 4096.

Code:
<GalaxyBackground>
    <Low>
      <LocalisationName>$QUALITY_LOW;</LocalisationName>
      <TextureSize>512</TextureSize>
    </Low>
    <Medium>
      <LocalisationName>$QUALITY_MEDIUM;</LocalisationName>
      <TextureSize>1024</TextureSize>
    </Medium>
    <High>
      <LocalisationName>$QUALITY_HIGH;</LocalisationName>
      [SIZE=5][B]<TextureSize>4096</TextureSize>[/B][/SIZE]
    </High>
  </GalaxyBackground>
To get rid of the orangey galactic core, it's the same again. Find the entry that corresponds to what you have the in-game graphics set too and edit the highlighted entry to read -0.15 Again, I'm using the High settings so I edited the entry in the <High> section.
Code:
<GalaxyMap>
    <Low>
        <LocalisationName>$QUALITY_LOW;</LocalisationName>
        <NebulasCount>10</NebulasCount>
        <NebulasInBackgroundCount>40</NebulasInBackgroundCount>
        <LowResNebulasCount>16</LowResNebulasCount>
        <HighResNebulasCount>1</HighResNebulasCount>
        <LowResNebulaDimensions>64</LowResNebulaDimensions>
        <HighResNebulaDimensions>256</HighResNebulaDimensions>
        <LowResSamplesCount>25</LowResSamplesCount>
        <HighResSamplesCount>128</HighResSamplesCount>
        <MilkyWayInstancesCount>8000</MilkyWayInstancesCount>
        <LocalDustBrightness>0.13</LocalDustBrightness>
        <MilkywayInstancesBrightness>1.5</MilkywayInstancesBrightness>
        <MilkywayInstancesSize>1.3</MilkywayInstancesSize>
        <MilkyWayInstancesOffscreenRTEnabled>true</MilkyWayInstancesOffscreenRTEnabled>
        <StarInstanceCount>2000</StarInstanceCount>
    </Low>
    <Medium>
        <LocalisationName>$QUALITY_MEDIUM;</LocalisationName>
        <NebulasCount>20</NebulasCount>
        <LowResSamplesCount>30</LowResSamplesCount>
        <HighResSamplesCount>110</HighResSamplesCount>
        <MilkyWayInstancesCount>12000</MilkyWayInstancesCount>
        <LocalDustBrightness>0.033</LocalDustBrightness>
        <MilkywayInstancesBrightness>1.3</MilkywayInstancesBrightness>
        <MilkywayInstancesSize>1.15</MilkywayInstancesSize>
        <MilkyWayInstancesOffscreenRTEnabled>false</MilkyWayInstancesOffscreenRTEnabled>
        <StarInstanceCount>2000</StarInstanceCount>
    </Medium>
    <High>
        <LocalisationName>$QUALITY_HIGH;</LocalisationName>
        <NebulasCount>30</NebulasCount>
        <LowResSamplesCount>35</LowResSamplesCount>
        <HighResSamplesCount>138</HighResSamplesCount>
        <MilkyWayInstancesCount>16000</MilkyWayInstancesCount>
        [SIZE=5][B]<LocalDustBrightness>-0.15</LocalDustBrightness>[/B][/SIZE]
        <MilkywayInstancesBrightness>1.0</MilkywayInstancesBrightness>
        <MilkywayInstancesSize>1.0</MilkywayInstancesSize>
        <MilkyWayInstancesOffscreenRTEnabled>false</MilkyWayInstancesOffscreenRTEnabled>
        <StarInstanceCount>4000</StarInstanceCount>
    </High>
  </GalaxyMap>
That's it.

Last edited:
hahaah i was hated so bad in dahan and forgot... went there to hand a Q in with about 50T of cargo for missions etc and got raped by federal police..

i can get out of pretty much most interdictions but some are stupidly hard lol

had a wing of 3 NPC's chase me for ages tonight... they wanted my cargo so bad..

bought a diamondback scout for BHing and its really nice.. fully kitted it out spent about 5 million on it gonna farm beacons and CZ's tomorrow :)

hahaah i was hated so bad in dahan and forgot... went there to hand a Q in with about 50T of cargo for missions etc and got raped by federal police..

i can get out of pretty much most interdictions but some are stupidly hard lol

had a wing of 3 NPC's chase me for ages tonight... they wanted my cargo so bad..

bought a diamondback scout for BHing and its really nice.. fully kitted it out spent about 5 million on it gonna farm beacons and CZ's tomorrow :)

They're not hard in the ASP kitted with 5As all over. They're stupid and happen in crap situations.

Get some pics up dude. Still loving the X55?

I've pretty much hit the sweet spot with my Python load out. Reasonable jump distance of about 12 ly fully loaded, good Shields and four boosters, all high power pulse lasers on top and a powerful beam on the bottom. All turrets apart from beam as the python doesn't have the best turning circle. I have 192 tonne carry capacity. I bought the buggy but not really tried it out much yet. I am now saving up for the anaconda.

I find the auto pilot a bit murderous since Horizons. A few times it's rammed me onto the planet surface. Only my Shields saving me. I once lost all Shields and went to 15% hull integrity.

Is Robigo still the place to go for long range cargo missions ? Or has this element of the game been nerfed since3 the last patch ?

Robigo or Fehu. Some good credits to be earned from those places still and worth doing if you have a couple of hours spare. I tend to stack about a dozen courier missions and then go for it.

Question for you guys, and something that I put up on the FD forums

Imagine FD offered the option to "build" a ship design, such that:
- FD supply a ship building module (SBM), maybe even charge us a small amount for it
- You design the layout and customise it's looks
- To make things "fair" player built craft won't be quite as good as off the shelf models for similar cost
- To allow it to be built, must be vet'd by both player groups for a week and also then by a member of the FD team. The vetting is paid for by the players in credits, which should hopefully prevent the team being inundated with rubbish designs
- If it's a seriously cool design, the player can sell it to stations who'll build it for both the player and others, and for each sale the player gets a small cut (e.g. 1% of hull cost). If it's an outstanding design, maybe FD agree to buy them for the various key factions and therefore a seriously good bonus

Would you guys want that?

Far too much for FD to do before building ship construction tools for the masses, I'd not be against the idea but it needs to be way down on the list of stuff that needs doing first.

Far too much for FD to do before building ship construction tools for the masses, I'd not be against the idea but it needs to be way down on the list of stuff that needs doing first.

If they had to build one from scratch, agreed.
However, what if they built one for their design team and it only required some smartening up before being viable for players?

Back
Top Bottom