*** The Official Elite: Dangerous Thread ***

Well this sucks
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=221107

Hey everyone,

With the news that Oculus are starting pre order of their consumer version tomorrow, I wanted to just make a quick post to confirm that we are still actively working with Oculus but currently the only SDK we are able to officially support is 0.6.

We wanted to make sure you had as much up to date information as possible and will let you know as soon as we have any more information.

Fly safe, Commanders!
Head of Community Management

Hopefully by the time of release they'll have or sorted for CV1.

Any advice or hints out there on the best Rare runs (and how to keep track of the best routes as they evolve)?

Away from my PC at the moment, but so far I've just been searching for guides. There are a few spreadsheets out there the places to buy rares as well as the best place to sell them, where you're able to buy more rares, rather than just a normal station. When I get a chance I'll get the links I have.

Edit:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17Zv55yEjVdHrNzkH7BPnTCtXRs8GDHqchYjo9Svkyh4/pubhtml

That'll give you a list of places to buy, and the best stations to sell them to and what not. I've yet to plan a full trade route, but I know https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteTraders/ will have some good advice.

Last edited:
Fully decked out my t6 for mining and some short trading missions.. Found a few systems with metallic rings in and am making some decent money now...

7 bin refinery's are a life saver...

Cant wait to get the asp exp.... Theres a gumball race organised for the end of jan if anyone is interested... Ill post some links when get home from work :)

I can confirm that ED works perfectly with the 0.8 SDK and ED, so I can't see a problem with ED and 1.0 SDK and the CV1.

I hope so. It's not the end of the world it not working right away, it just sounds like FD have had some difficulty with the latest API from Oculus.

I'm not going to buy a Rift purely for ED, but it is one of the bigger selling points, and I just hope it works by the time the Rift is released.

I hope so. It's not the end of the world it not working right away, it just sounds like FD have had some difficulty with the latest API from Oculus.

I'm not going to buy a Rift purely for ED, but it is one of the bigger selling points, and I just hope it works by the time the Rift is released.

I have primarily only used the DK2 for ED purely because of how good it is. It needs to be seen to really understand how it works. A totally incredible experience that any ED fan needs to try.

I have primarily only used the DK2 for ED purely because of how good it is. It needs to be seen to really understand how it works. A totally incredible experience that any ED fan needs to try.

Yeah, that's why my purchase of a Rift won't be based on reviews, because I think it has to be something experienced to understand. I have used 6DOF head tracking before with a triple monitor setup, and that was awesome, but this will take it to the next level.

Just got the cutter myself after ages of grinding the rank, its a bit of a ferry and i keep thinking its a speed boat. Had a couple of interesting dockings already, you really need to take into account the mass fully laden and come in at a good angle or it just wont stop turning.
I was getting similar amounts last night Gregster with a slightly better return run, I guess your running Imperial Slaves?

Just got the cutter myself after ages of grinding the rank, its a bit of a ferry and i keep thinking its a speed boat. Had a couple of interesting dockings already, you really need to take into account the mass fully laden and come in at a good angle or it just wont stop turning.
I was getting similar amounts last night Gregster with a slightly better return run, I guess your running Imperial Slaves?

Yer, agreed with all of that. I am running a docking computer as well just so I can tab out and catch up on news/forums. And yep, Imperial Slaves.

Back
Top Bottom