*** The Official Elite: Dangerous Thread ***

Associate
no beta yesterday, soon™, but in other new i got my corvette started to engineer it up! winged up with another corvette and hit a haz res, sadly enemies kept disappearing too quickly...

Soldato
Beta is out and i cant login via the launcher, no error message and i know the details are correct as when i put the wrong password in it tells me.

the login button dulls off but then after a few seconds comes back to asking me to login again, i get no verification code nothing.

Associate
Beta is out
Looks amazing… here's the change log - WOW! https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/332399-2-3-The-Commanders-Beta-Changelog

i cant login via the launcher,

I had problems logging in this morning pre-beta. I even tried verifying local files on steam! In the end it just started working again #shrug.

Everything about the beta looks amazing. I can't wait for it to go green & arrive in game. Commander Creator, naming ships, multicrew & of course the new Camera Suit!… can't wait to play with that!…

Associate

Certainly one almighty long change log!!

Haven't played for a very long time, might be tempted to have a look once 2.3 goes live.

These sound interesting: -

• Added asteroid base type station (including air traffic controllers)
  • Added 32 asteroid bases in various deep space locations.
Added Megaships
  • Tanker
  • Cargo
  • Asteroid Miner
  • Flight Operations
  • Prison Ship
  • Science Vessel
  • Passenger
  • ???
  • ???

Last edited:
Soldato
Surely one of the ??? Megaships has to be a Generation Ship :)

I had the log in issue last night as well. Someone at work mentioned that there was a big problem with AWS which may have caused the issue.

Soldato
Are the missions more interesting Yet ? Or are they still fly to x to kill y tedium ?

Getting there but still the same really. They have now implemented chained missions and there are some randomly triggered missions about and there is some variety. Game is feeling a lot better in regards to feeling empty imo, I feel like there is a bit more purpose to what I am doing. Still a long way off, but at least we can see FD are working towards what we all expect from the mission system. Albeit very slowly :D

Associate
Getting there but still the same really. They have now implemented chained missions and there are some randomly triggered missions about and there is some variety. Game is feeling a lot better in regards to feeling empty imo, I feel like there is a bit more purpose to what I am doing. Still a long way off, but at least we can see FD are working towards what we all expect from the mission system. Albeit very slowly :D

Thanks for info. Have not played Elite in a while so will fire her up again.

Soldato
What this game needs is long range 'of interest' scanner, i'm not talking about planets etc.
I want to jump into a system, have the scanner kick off and point me to a massive capital ship warping in that could be friend or foe, or huge dogfight going on.
There are not enough random events to spice it up and yes the game is big, but they can easily focus it to some areas, that change peridiocally.

I know the engine now supports dynamic object placement, so maybe they are going to get there. But its really needed.

Associate
What this game needs is long range 'of interest' scanner, i'm not talking about planets etc.
I want to jump into a system, have the scanner kick off and point me to a massive capital ship warping in that could be friend or foe, or huge dogfight going on.
There are not enough random events to spice it up and yes the game is big, but they can easily focus it to some areas, that change peridiocally.

I know the engine now supports dynamic object placement, so maybe they are going to get there. But its really needed.

That's a great idea - would certainly liven things up !

Associate
That's a great idea - would certainly liven things up !

An alternative, what I'd probably prefer, is if Galnet was on the comms panel & this information appeared there like breaking news local to your area. Then you could read it whilst you're piloting and if something interesting pops up head off to check it out.

Soldato
So have all y'all's Commanders been Created and looking exactly/nothing like your own selves, yet? :D

I can never get these things right and I end up making my avatar look like a frog being fisted by a fish fork!! :D

Associate
So have all y'all's Commanders been Created and looking exactly/nothing like your own selves, yet? :D

I've got a scar :) so it will look like me when I do it. However, I wasn't willing to opt in to the beta just for the remainder of Horizons so my good self popping up in game will a have to wait. I'll probably opt in to betas at the start, whenever it is, of the next season starts.

Last edited:
Associate
i kinda like, at least i can now tell when message were sent... its abit like this forum, people hate it but now gettting used to it

It's more the profile thing taking up a huge amount of space, meaning less messages on screen, meaning more having to scroll back to see who said what in a fast string of messages that is now no longer visible that I don't like.
Perhaps there'll be an option to hide profile piccies, one can but hope ;)

Back
Top Bottom