*** The Official Elite: Dangerous Thread ***

Soldato
Also, black-white-grey is most likely going to be hidden by paint jobs, unless they're putting some outline to the fonts. Hmm, wonder if there'll also be different fonts in future too.
To be fair, all the different free decals are similarly hidden already.
I think a plethora of colours and fonts may be just a little too much, TBH... or maybe they could just do a whole customisation package module for a one-off cost...
However, I think they use all these £2 and £3 microtransactions to help fund ongoing development and maintenance - A bit like how Star Citizen just does an existing ship in a different colour and charges $230 extra for the "all-new variant"! :D

As for a freebie, I guess they could've at least released a basic one for everyone too.
Perhaps they will yet...
I haven't checked today - This is still in Beta, right?

Associate
To be fair, all the different free decals are similarly hidden already.
I think a plethora of colours and fonts may be just a little too much, TBH... or maybe they could just do a whole customisation package module for a one-off cost...
However, I think they use all these £2 and £3 microtransactions to help fund ongoing development and maintenance - A bit like how Star Citizen just does an existing ship in a different colour and charges $230 extra for the "all-new variant"! :D

Perhaps they will yet...
I haven't checked today - This is still in Beta, right?

Yerp, still beta. No idea how long they usually make the beta thing last (I'm not daft enough to pay to test it hehe).

Soldato
Yerp, still beta. No idea how long they usually make the beta thing last (I'm not daft enough to pay to test it hehe).
If you got on the ride early enough, it didn't cost more'n a few pennies, really... IIRC, it's also included as part of the Lifetime Pass, which does save a lot of money based on what Horizons was.

Soldato
Doing some runs in my shieldless Sidewinder tonight, before the 2.3 patch drops into live. 40M CR per hour, just to thumb my nose :)

Associate
Doing some runs in my shieldless Sidewinder tonight, before the 2.3 patch drops into live. 40M CR per hour, just to thumb my nose :)

What are you doing? When I played I used to get that by stacking missions with the 'Jump to the next system and we'll tell you where to go' missions, and hope that where I was going was exactly where I'd jumped to. Not sure what was available for a Sidewinder though.

I didn't mind the engineers grind surprisingly, but it's sad that USS are still nothing like the early trailers. There were a few other appalling bugs regarding weapons, I might give the game another try but in general it seems to be going nowhere, fast.

Soldato
I am just doing missions on the edge of the bubble in systems which are at war, civil unrest, outbreak etc. I can get around 800k per mission, my mate has higher rank so can tip 1m CR per mission.

stack 20 missions, rinse repeat every 10 minutes.

I am using a shieldless sidey just to prove you don't need a big, expensive ship to have fun or earn big bucks (80k buy back lol).

I found long-range smuggling in my Python was also fun and raked up big creds.. If you like combat I can recommend a FDL and hitting some Haz Rez's as you can also make big credits doing that also.

I will go back to doing that once the nerf hits the mission stacking and limits it to 3 rather than 20 :)

I am also ranking for Powerplay for Torval and thats also 50M CR a week payment, every week, plus trade dividends, am hoping for changes in 2.3 so that its not as hard upkeep every week as you need to pay-in quite a bit to get that amount out !

Last edited:
Associate
I am also ranking for Powerplay for Torval and thats also 50M CR a week payment, every week, plus trade dividends, am hoping for changes in 2.3 so that its not as hard upkeep every week as you need to pay-in quite a bit to get that amount out !

I don't think they have anything planned other than bug fixes for interdictions. But you're right, to get to or maintain anything above Rank 2 takes imho too much time or money (unless all you are doing is trading all week & can do the PP deliveries as part of the trading runs). I think the merit decay needs to be lower or something else added; eg you can take specific mission for powerplay that give you merits instead of cash.

Soldato
Well that's 130-ish million 'earned' from some ridiculous stack/scan/suicide missions today. At least a rank and a half of Imperial levelling done, which is very nice too. This would've take days (or weeks) of tedious shuttling to do all that the proper way...

Hopefully Quince will stay booming for another day or two.

Associate
I am just doing missions on the edge of the bubble in systems which are at war, civil unrest, outbreak etc. I can get around 800k per mission, my mate has higher rank so can tip 1m CR per mission.

Thanks for info, missions were ok for a bit, but I just don't find there to be enough fun to them and need the bribery of a decent payout to endure them. I do enjoy combat and messing about with different ships and load-outs though.

I have an FDL, I hadn't used it for a while though because for bounty hunting it's just too good even without Engineer mods. I used to be terrible at combat but last time I played I was going to HazRes in a Sidewinder, often didn't last long but sometimes did well. Quite curious to get a smaller ship modded up, that might give me something to play for and if I need mats I'll get to use the buggy with some purpose as exploring the nth barren rock only holds so much enjoyment. Is it just materials needed for Engineers now?

If I do give it another go I'll probably be terrible again and need something like an FDL just to stay alive.

Soldato
Well I am trucking for the community goal. First time I have ever done a delivery goal. 4K tonnes in. Will spend some more time on that. Will also go and do some stacked missions as well. Did 10 million the other day in a few of hours. Mostly cloths... lol

Fallen in love with my Python once again, great ship.

Associate
Don't do what I did first time (& last) I did a CG.
Flew out there in large ship, had nowhere to land.
Had medium ship sent to me, grabbed items & flew to BG port & handed them in.

Well.....how was I to know you're meant to take the quest first!?

*mutters grumbles*
:rolleyes:

Soldato
Don't do what I did first time (& last) I did a CG.
Flew out there in large ship, had nowhere to land.
Had medium ship sent to me, grabbed items & flew to BG port & handed them in.

Well.....how was I to know you're meant to take the quest first!?

*mutters grumbles*
:rolleyes:

Lol

I have always done all my CG bounty hunting. However I need to changed my gameplay to suit my achievable abilities. I have also signed up for the bounty hunt CG in Lidpar but I am not sure I will get as far as I used to in the past. (Top 10) saying that, it is a turkey shoot in the RES as system authority is in huge numbers. Was a wing of 5 anacondas yesterday..

Associate
Lol

I have always done all my CG bounty hunting. However I need to changed my gameplay to suit my achievable abilities. I have also signed up for the bounty hunt CG in Lidpar but I am not sure I will get as far as I used to in the past. (Top 10) saying that, it is a turkey shoot in the RES as system authority is in huge numbers. Was a wing of 5 anacondas yesterday..

I only did that one because they were giving that chrome eagle(?) skin. Did two trips after getting quest, somehow got 35mill+bonus (wtf that was /shrugs).
Have never had that ship, so still no idea if skin was worth it hehe. D'Oh!

Soldato
recently reinstalled. I ended up aborting my mission to Jacques, I think exploring can be pretty fun but that is quite a distant to get to , so I was about 1/4 the way there and just turned around. I think il try it again when I can do better than a 30 jump but guess I need engineers for that.

Two good CG's this week so will be doing those.
Did finally figure out ground mining though, never realised the sound of the scanner is important to finding stuff quickly!

Still need to get into Sol so thats my next thing whilst waiting for the patch.

Back
Top Bottom