*** The Official Elite: Dangerous Thread ***

Soldato
Associate
After much grinding (although in a weird way it was also fairly relaxing) I finally made Admiral. I'm now off to do some engineering now starting with FSD range. Despite my previous assertion I would never get involved in the Engineers I'm quite looking forward to it.

Associate
Despite my previous assertion I would never get involved in the Engineers I'm quite looking forward to it.

They are pretty cool and add a whole new layer of customisation for your ships even if some materials are extremely difficult to get. FSD is of course the most important imho just because it opens up so much of the game, then it's probably powerplant as I'm not too combat focuses (overcharge a plant a couple of classes below the default one to extend jump range further), shields, and weapons. Imho they are one of the games best features and as well as incorporating them into the story arc they should probably expand their abilities a bit with additional bluprints or special missions.

Soldato
Imho they are one of the games best features and as well as incorporating them into the story arc they should probably expand their abilities a bit with additional bluprints or special missions.
I agree with everything you say... but I also feel they either shouldn't be so prevalent on NPC ships, and/or that stock kit available everywhere else should be good enough to get most jobs done.
Many people advise that once you've graduated to a Cobra and above, you really need to start using engineered kit if you want to survive... It shouldn't be that bad out there, else the regular kit companies would be out of business within weeks.

Soldato
Soooo anybody know if this is a thing

Just accepted a delivery mission with a reward of 2 Exquisite focus crystals.....

0CBqA99.jpg

Go into the transactions and the mission reward has changed to 8 conductive components...

SXOw66u.jpg

I will raise a ticket but that is second time today this has happened with focus crystals...

Associate
Professor Palin has been a great Engineer to unlock. 7 Million in discovery data and 3/4 hour to get the Unknown fragment...

I'm still mining 50-70t per week to unlock Selene Jean. At 350t-ish so not long to go now! :) Don't know who I'll do next - maybe test out the upgraded armour and go for Juri.

Associate
I'm still mining 50-70t per week to unlock Selene Jean. At 350t-ish so not long to go now! :) Don't know who I'll do next - maybe test out the upgraded armour and go for Juri.

Was wondering about a sneaky way around this.
Those small mining towers firing lasers into the ground, when destroyed, they drop ore. Wonder if those count towards "mined ore".
It'd mean having to shift two ton at a time via SRV to ship parked next to it (seen places with no defences) & relogging, rinse, repeat.

I tried mining 2-3 times & even with some podcast or music in background I found it brain numbingly dull.

If anything, why can't folk purchase ore from stations? Surely they don't use it all...?

Soldato

That was quite fun as well as I managed to mine the 10 units of Painite to unlock here, which considering that after 600 tonnes, that was all I was able to get :/

Associate
Hmm, finally got around to playing & headed to Quince. It's slow to start, but once gained some rep', quests drop quite regularly, even if having to board hop.
I just went out to the planet to scan in open, dropped into rough area & saw three ships below in distance when all of a sudden, I got quest complete spammed on screen.
Seems like you can get them from others scanning the outpost, even if they're scanning a different area.

Makes for an easier life :cool:

Associate
That was quite fun as well as I managed to mine the 10 units of Painite to unlock here

I think I've found a place I can buy it at - I bookmarked it anyway but I was in the middle of doing something else at the time so may have misread the board etc. At the minute I'm just mining any old junk to get the total up!

Was wondering about a sneaky way around this.
Those small mining towers firing lasers into the ground, If anything, why can't folk purchase ore from stations? Surely they don't use it all...?

It's refining not the actual mining so you need to collect fragments & then use a refinery to process them.

Hmm, finally got around to playing & headed to Quince. It's slow to start, but once gained some rep', quests drop quite regularly, even if having to board hop. Makes for an easier life :cool:

FDev should have jumped on this months ago & fixed it if they 'don't want everyone to have Anacondas in a week' but lots have people have done it so good luck & fair dues! & I'd certainly max it out now in case FDev actually do fix it!

Associate
I got my G5 FSD on my Python now. I only had two rolls and the last one gave me a 44% increase to optimal mass so I took it. If I collect just 4 materials I have the other components to re-roll another four times so am tempted to see if I can better what I have, although I've read that rolling against an "un-modded" FSD will give better results than against one with a mod already on it. Can anyone verify this?

Associate
I think I've found a place I can buy it at - I bookmarked it anyway but I was in the middle of doing something else at the time so may have misread the board etc. At the minute I'm just mining any old junk to get the total up!

It's refining not the actual mining so you need to collect fragments & then use a refinery to process them.

FDev should have jumped on this months ago & fixed it if they 'don't want everyone to have Anacondas in a week' but lots have people have done it so good luck & fair dues! & I'd certainly max it out now in case FDev actually do fix it!

Ah, should've known it seemed too easy just destroying those things hehe.

As for Anacondas, already got one. That's what I used to fly out there :D
It's just an empty shell apart from 4*SRVs though. Dreading the thought of even trying to get the 600mill+ to buy top Imperial ship & kit it out. Especially as only got ~235mill'.
:eek:

Seems another bug struck. Was flying towards the planet when....

x2oHNk8.jpg

Saved me the search scan :D

Soldato
Installed ED on my new Ryzen rig through Oculus store this time and now have audio through the Rift headset :D

Also noticed under the controller options it looks like there are bindings for the touch controller, not tried it yet as I have an X52.

Associate
I've read that rolling against an "un-modded" FSD will give better results than against one with a mod already on it. Can anyone verify this?
No this is not the case. People just think it is because the first graphs have really big changes and the second graphs generally only really small ones :) First time you get a good roll bank it. Then roll to improve it if you've got the materials.

Dreading the thought of even trying to get the 600mill+ to buy top Imperial ship & kit it out. Especially as only got ~235mill'.:eek:
Passenger missions, community goals, & imp. slave trading with Torval is the best way imho. If you can get a 40m passenger mission just 'book' yourself for a few hours & do the darn thing :)

Seems another bug struck. Was flying towards the planet when....Saved me the search scan :D
If you're in open or a group and someone completes the mission then you 'intercept' the message and complete the mission too. I think :) Don't know for sure as never had it happen but that was also what was reportedly happening with the Alien Ruins mission etc.

Back
Top Bottom