*** The Official Elite: Dangerous Thread ***

Associate
No this is not the case. People just think it is because the first graphs have really big changes and the second graphs generally only really small ones :) First time you get a good roll bank it. Then roll to improve it if you've got the materials.

Ok thank you. I spent several hours last night kitting out my AspX for material mining (no refinery) and hit a ring. After finally working out the nuances of mining (including arriving at my destination without having bought any limpets) I didn't find any arsenic. It seems I need to visit some planet surfaces instead.

Soldato
If you're in open or a group and someone completes the mission then you 'intercept' the message and complete the mission too. I think :) Don't know for sure as never had it happen but that was also what was reportedly happening with the Alien Ruins mission etc.

This is definately true for scans because it happens to me all the time, really makes for a quick turn around. If your lucky, you can be back in the station claiming your reward in around 5 minutes, assuming you crash your ship :D

Associate
No this is not the case. People just think it is because the first graphs have really big changes and the second graphs generally only really small ones :) First time you get a good roll bank it. Then roll to improve it if you've got the materials.

Passenger missions, community goals, & imp. slave trading with Torval is the best way imho. If you can get a 40m passenger mission just 'book' yourself for a few hours & do the darn thing :)

If you're in open or a group and someone completes the mission then you 'intercept' the message and complete the mission too. I think :) Don't know for sure as never had it happen but that was also what was reportedly happening with the Alien Ruins mission etc.

Never heard of Torval, will check it out. Last time I had some easy pennies was Robigo mines. Ended up with a 240mill' bounty on me hehe.
Had that happen at alien ruins when I was there once, but didn't know this happened with all quests.

Associate
I'm gearing my self up for a return too (mentally, not in game :)) .
I bought Horizons when it first came out and have done nothing with it. Been reading a bit about Engineers so maybe that's the next logical thing to do?

Associate
I didn't find any arsenic. It seems I need to visit some planet surfaces instead.

You can get Arsenic from rings, I've got some from Sowiio before but it is a lot faster to do it via prospecting. Look out for 2.7% planets & you should easily get some with in an hour… I usually get it from Summerland which is on the way to Martuuk for me but you need a permit. However, there are quite a few kicking around.

Never heard of Torval, will check it out.

Torval is a Powerplay Power and has -10% price of Imperial Slaves in Control Systems plus production/consumption of Imp Slaves is doubled in Empire systems so you can buy them for around 12k and then sell them for around 16k. If you're aligned with Torval at Rating 2 you'll also get a Trade Voucher of 15% on all profits in her systems. So for every ton of Imp Slaves you can make 2.9k if you find the right 2 systems and that is 2.5m profit in a Imp Cutter converted purely for cargo.

I'm gearing my self up for a return too (mentally, not in game :)) .
I bought Horizons when it first came out and have done nothing with it. Been reading a bit about Engineers so maybe that's the next logical thing to do?

Yep, it's worth getting that FSD upgrade just to check out those Alien Ruins etc imho.

Associate
Finally... after hitting a big fat zero on finding arsenic I went over to one of the planets in Deciat and after aimlessly driving around a crater finally started finding some arsenic. I lucked onto a metallic meteorite for my first chunk but funnily enough my next two drops were from mesidorite (spelt wrong probably) chunks which I wasn't expecting them from. Despite forums saying you are most likely to find the stuff in craters or crater edges I found all these on random plains. I just wish there was more of a method than just driving in a random direction and waiting until you hit the right signal on your wavescanner.

Associate
After a bit of an extended break, I am back in my Asp Explorer and oddly enough, exploring :D Nice to get back and such a relaxing game for me :)

I did the same in my Diamondback Explorer (which is now a decent ship) after a long break and the exploration was very therapeutic. Stored the dbx and moved to a Cobra MK III for old times sake and looking to build up rep. May do the FSD engineer task next. People complain about there being no 'game', but I love that you can just set your own goals and meander through the universe.

Caporegime
I did the same in my Diamondback Explorer (which is now a decent ship) after a long break and the exploration was very therapeutic. Stored the dbx and moved to a Cobra MK III for old times sake and looking to build up rep. May do the FSD engineer task next. People complain about there being no 'game', but I love that you can just set your own goals and meander through the universe.
I have played since day 1 and find a break keeps my interest going. I wouldn't mind breaking out my Anaconda though for some Alien killing :D

Soldato
FDev should have jumped on this months ago & fixed it if they 'don't want everyone to have Anacondas in a week' but lots have people have done it so good luck & fair dues! & I'd certainly max it out now in case FDev actually do fix it!
I thought they had jumped on it, although I happily headed out to give it a go. Had zero rep with the Empire, so had to slave away (slave, Empire, geddit?) on some awkward schlep missions getting Friendly with just one faction (none of the others are even offering schleps).... and now I find the whole bloody place is in Lockdown!!

Associate

Until you hit some invisible wall that stops you from entering, erm...space?
Permit required.
:facepalm:

Associate
I thought they had jumped on it, although I happily headed out to give it a go. Had zero rep with the Empire, so had to slave away (slave, Empire, geddit?) on some awkward schlep missions getting Friendly with just one faction (none of the others are even offering schleps).... and now I find the whole bloody place is in Lockdown!!

They did "fix it", but there's something about so many groups out there that they can't do anything about it (according to forums...)

Was there last night, to break routine, I started looting barrels & shipping them back (for sod all monetary gains, near enough) when.... Trade store was on lockdown.
Hmm, okay, I'll hand in quests.
Oh wait, quest has loots, I'll space the barrels.
Hand in another quest, oh noes, more loots & my 4 storage is already full.

This winds me up in game. Stations large enough to store infinite ships, yet zero storage for loots.

GGeRqr3.jpg

Soldato
Until you hit some invisible wall that stops you from entering, erm...space?
Permit required.
:facepalm:
What's wrong with that?
How many times in your lifetime have you hit CTRL+P, only to have the computer turn round and say "Cannot find printer"...?
"But it's there", you say... "It's right there, next to you". You even turn the monitor so it can see the printer, but to no avail. Credit: Eddie Izzard.

Same thing here - Clearly Microsoft still dominates technology in the 3300s and your ship has an Admin Rights block on the NaviComp, so you can't access that system. It just will not jump to it! :D

This winds me up in game. Stations large enough to store infinite ships, yet zero storage for loots.
Probably some separate H&S regulation covering loots and the storage thereof...

Associate
What's wrong with that?
How many times in your lifetime have you hit CTRL+P, only to have the computer turn round and say "Cannot find printer"...?
"But it's there", you say... "It's right there, next to you". You even turn the monitor so it can see the printer, but to no avail. Credit: Eddie Izzard.

Same thing here - Clearly Microsoft still dominates technology in the 3300s and your ship has an Admin Rights block on the NaviComp, so you can't access that system. It just will not jump to it! :D

Probably some separate H&S regulation covering loots and the storage thereof...

Aah, good ol' Eddie Izzard. The bloke is a comedy genius :D

I recall having this on reddit ages ago & some replied "It's the plotting device, it stops you going there" but I replied "Welp, it works once got permit, so surely hackable?". Never did get a reply hehe.
If only we had an Amiga OS in ships :D

Just had fun at same area.
Flew to planet, about to land when someone scanned & I got quests before landed, so committed Sudoku. Got back to station, grabbed some quests & replied to a text on mobile.
All of a sudden I heard "Warning, low gravity".
Well, durr, I'm on a space station.
Then I heard a load of beeps.

All of my quests were completing. That's some damn fine scanning range I've got there :D

Soldato
I recall having this on reddit ages ago & some replied "It's the plotting device, it stops you going there" but I replied "Welp, it works once got permit, so surely hackable?". Never did get a reply hehe.
If only we had an Amiga OS in ships :D
Yeah, sure... easily hackable...
Problem is, you're a pilot, not a hacker. You haven't the first clue about hacking your own kit. Heck, you have to take your ship to some Engineer just to get it tuned. You don't have that knowledge.
In addition, it's not just your ship that needs hacking - The NavBeacons likely handshake your NavComp, so you'd need to hack them as well.

Flew to planet, about to land when someone scanned & I got quests before landed, so committed Sudoku.
What, in Quince? I was on last night - There are no misions from anyone, because it's still in Lockdown...

Associate
Yeah, sure... easily hackable...
Problem is, you're a pilot, not a hacker. You haven't the first clue about hacking your own kit. Heck, you have to take your ship to some Engineer just to get it tuned. You don't have that knowledge.
In addition, it's not just your ship that needs hacking - The NavBeacons likely handshake your NavComp, so you'd need to hack them as well.

What, in Quince? I was on last night - There are no misions from anyone, because it's still in Lockdown...

Yep Quince.
Do you have any rep' built there?
I was getting anything from four to a dozen or so quests at a time, although for some reason the quests loading screen is being excruciatingly sloooow.
Not just me either, seen quite a few other in the area whilst I've been pottering about.

I'm up to ~450mill' now.

Soldato
Yep Quince.
Do you have any rep' built there?
I'm Friendly with the owners and I think cordial with one of the other Empire factions, but that's it.
But before the Lockdown they all had missions showing, even if I couldn't accept them due to being Neutral... whereas now, every one of them has 0/0 on the board.

Associate
I'm Friendly with the owners and I think cordial with one of the other Empire factions, but that's it.
But before the Lockdown they all had missions showing, even if I couldn't accept them due to being Neutral... whereas now, every one of them has 0/0 on the board.

Just got in & went to check, you're in luck.
Lockdown has ended.

Now I can stop spacing loot \o/

Perhaps a bug?
It showed commodities & Crew lounge on lockdown for me, rest was unlocked.

Scrap that.

Went to Jeffries High, loads of scanning missions are there now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom