*** The Official Elite: Dangerous Thread ***

Permabanned
Lots of games have Grind but Elite is the most Soul destroying of them all. I have almost all the ships and 2 billion in cash. I dont think ill ever login again as each time i do even with new updates i get dis-heartend which is a shame. I played engineers for a small amount of time and it just killed the game off totally for me. Not logged in since. I dont see any point in grinding...for what? More cash to buy another ship and do nothing lol, id rather play something else now...shame tbh.

Soldato
Lots of games have Grind but Elite is the most Soul destroying of them all. I have almost all the ships and 2 billion in cash. I dont think ill ever login again as each time i do even with new updates i get dis-heartend which is a shame. I played engineers for a small amount of time and it just killed the game off totally for me. Not logged in since. I dont see any point in grinding...for what? More cash to buy another ship and do nothing lol, id rather play something else now...shame tbh.

You must have really hated it to have played long enough to amass those sorts of assets.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
When there is you cant really interact with it, only take a screen grab show everyone on redit.

They removed most of the so called exploits which made it slightly tolerable. So now it is even worse than ever.

In space no one can hear you die from Boredom.

Associate
If you find the game boring; a) don't grind, b) join a player group. Sure, ED has a number of problems, the BGS desperately needs updating for instance, but it certainly doesn't have to be boring unless you make it so yourself.

Permabanned
If you find the game boring; a) don't grind, b) join a player group. Sure, ED has a number of problems, the BGS desperately needs updating for instance, but it certainly doesn't have to be boring unless you make it so yourself.
Join a player group and do what? Tell me something that you can do that is not boring?

Soldato
Join a player group and do what? Tell me something that you can do that is not boring?
If you need somebody to tell you how to play a game so that it's not boring than I'd suggest you need a different game. No point coming in here and whining about it is there? Some people enjoy the game, others don't and that's pretty much all there is to it.

Associate
this game can be a grind and very under whelming...but if you set a goal and are prepared to see it through it can work,no tools no reddit no forums learn it your self..and the bgs does need up dating but it does work if you know how.im oart of a player group The black fleet who recently made Galnet News the first and last group to destroy the bgs to gain access to a permit system to become permit givers..this took 18 months ..but along the way we got smarter and learned to use the in game mechanics to are advantage this was with 4 to 8 guys..with wot we no now we could destroy any groups bgs with in a couple of weeks or months if the bgs worked in are favour..but yes it can be a grind and there is no end game the bgs still goes on

Associate
Elite has never had a true end game & that's how it is sold, 'blaze your own trail' etc. I often wonder what type of game some people thought they were buying.

Engineers Q1 Update from live stream & my memory (so yeah, my memory so a bit of caution required :) ) as the changes aren't posted yet on the FDev forum, but all good imho:
The stats of a Module are locked and linked to its Grade. Every time you roll you can only go up the Grade, so although RNG remains you will never get a worse set of stats than it currently has - an upgrade will always be an upgrade (until G5 is maxed out I assume). When you reach the top of a Grade then you can progress to the next one.
Pinned Blueprints can be crafted at any station but only Engineers can add Special Effects
Negatives of a Blueprint are all rolled up into a fixed penalty per Grade
Positive Secondary Effects are rolled into the main blueprint or offered as 'light' Special Effects so Shields will now have minor Special Effects
Special Effects are now purchasable using Materials, the Favours system is gone
Material Trader at certain stations so you can exchange useless Materials for the ones you need
New Materials storage, 100 capacity per Material
New HUD element telling you how much of a Material you have and Limpets can be set to ignore Materials for when scooping in a CZ etc
All new blueprints work out slightly better than old ones, currently crafted Modules remain as are but if you Engineer them then they will be reset to the top of Grade below its current Grade
If they have time, resources & the demand is there, they will try to add new Special Effects

Last edited:
Soldato
Theres nothing else to do considering that there is 400 Billion stars, all the planets are the same, theres nothing to find out there at all.

Yea they didn't add enough "wonder" to the galaxy. I'd like to see strange things out there, not just systems based on proven science. Things that could in theory be possible but are way out there.

Permabanned
If you need somebody to tell you how to play a game so that it's not boring than I'd suggest you need a different game. No point coming in here and whining about it is there? Some people enjoy the game, others don't and that's pretty much all there is to it.
I have over 1000 hrs in this game since Kickstarter/Alpha and ive not played for about 18 months until i logged in the other day to play the shoddy engineers which was crap....so yes i dont need anybody to tell me and im more than qualified to say that it is a borefest. You guys that try to defend it are not fooling anybody apart from the young Padawans that are new to playing. If you enjoy this game then please enlighten me with what to do as im all ears, im being serious, because i find anything i do a complete and utter borefest so bad that its not even worth playing. Not to mention its broken features.....also the new roadmap of updating planetary polygons, why the hell didnt they do that in the beginning? Another massive Meh!

Permabanned
Elite has never had a true end game & that's how it is sold, 'blaze your own trail' etc. I often wonder what type of game some people thought they were buying.

My point is no matter what you do...Blaze your own trail or not.....ITS BORING! How do you combat the boredom, please tell me cause id like to hear it and see if i can do the same.

Soldato
The problem is the game is really only half finished, there is at least 2 more expansions to come which will bring a lot of content (including clan stuff).

Soldato
I have over 1000 hrs in this game since Kickstarter/Alpha and ive not played for about 18 months until i logged in the other day to play the shoddy engineers which was crap....so yes i dont need anybody to tell me and im more than qualified to say that it is a borefest. You guys that try to defend it are not fooling anybody apart from the young Padawans that are new to playing. If you enjoy this game then please enlighten me with what to do as im all ears, im being serious, because i find anything i do a complete and utter borefest so bad that its not even worth playing. Not to mention its broken features.....also the new roadmap of updating planetary polygons, why the hell didnt they do that in the beginning? Another massive Meh!

You played over a thousand hours of something that's a 'borefest', yeh, that'll back your point up real well...

Back
Top Bottom