*** The Official Elite: Dangerous Thread ***

Permabanned
hmmm... you play an awful game for over a thousand hours and we're the ones with low IQ? right you are.
Like SPG said it was ok to make loads of credits using few exploits etc, this was boring as well but at least you got something out of it. Thats were my 1000 hours went, as for the main game, i wouldnt give it 10 mins...zzZZzz.

Soldato
Like SPG said it was ok to make loads of credits using few exploits etc, this was boring as well but at least you got something out of it. Thats were my 1000 hours went, as for the main game, i wouldnt give it 10 mins...zzZZzz.

Utter horse manure, I don't believe that for a second.

Soldato
Dont matter at all because there is no argument, what ive said stands true, your just in denial....go admit it that you like pointing your ship at one place and pressing a button for hours upon hours on end..i dont have the IQ for that im afraid.

Actually haven't played it for months either and agree a little that it can get boring. But I come back to the thread often to see progress and updates because I still have faith FD can pull it off. Only difference is I do not force my own opinion on others and only say it once if I may or may not like something. Unlike some...

Permabanned
Its true im an Alpha backer and i can prove it, have the premium boxset etc. i have an account on the Frontier forums from 2010 back in the dark days when youd be lucky to get one post per months acrosss the entire forum! I Did all the exploits from, Rare items infinite replenish, Resonating separators, 17 draconis, Robigo, Sothis, etc etc. Its the only thing worth playing for otherwise....meh...shame really as i wish they fix the game and add more content but dont like they will for a very longtime. Once you have a couple good ships theres nothing to do except point at star and click a button. Rinse and repeat

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Utter horse manure, I don't believe that for a second.

Unlike the baby jesus, its true.

So whether you choose to believe in magical space pixie, baby jesus or the fact people did play 1000hrs and managed to progress at a level slightly quicker than now is your choice.... The truth is many of us did exactly that and are frustrated with the poor direction the game has taken.

Its dull, dull dull dull dulll dull.

Associate
It's such a paradox......it's dull dull dull dull dull but I played for 1000 hours. Is this the new chewbacca defence? If I played for 1000 hours and it's dull, then you must acquit?

For the record, I've probably 250+ hours but not played for months as other games took my interest. I'll be back though, it's one of a few games that I like to come back to time and again.

Associate
Its dull, dull dull dull dulll dull.

As great as OcUK is I'm pretty sure David Braben & FDev won't read your comments. If you're that unhappy with the game why not try FDev's forums or complain to their customer services department & depart this thread so that people who do like the game can use it?

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Because the goal was to get enough money never to care about needing money ever ever again.......... Elite is all about the credits (oh and flying aimlessly around for engineering mats)

Soldato
Because the goal was to get enough money never to care about needing money ever ever again.......... Elite is all about the credits (oh and flying aimlessly around for engineering mats)

And that is where you've gone wrong.

Soldato
Dano - I really wouldn't bother trying to have the last words with SPG. Its clear his mind is made up and there is no point in trying to justify it when his mind is made up about the game.
SPG - Fully respect your comments which you've made many times over. Its clear where you stand on Elite. But fair to say that most people who are coming into this thread are doing so to discuss aspects of the game rather than just poo-poo it in every other post.

Thanks both.

Now I got a question :D

I'm on my way to ranking up my Federation rank, already ranked Empire but wish I had done Federation now. The cutter, although nice, is a bit of a dog when it comes to turning... (I do know I need to soup up my thrusters as someone mentioned here).
Regarding ranking combat.... presumably I need to go after higher ranked enemies in order to rank faster right? (I'm currently Dangerous).

Associate
So far FDev have raised £48k during their charity live stream so hats off to them. https://www.twitch.tv/frontierdevelopments

Regarding ranking combat.... presumably I need to go after higher ranked enemies in order to rank faster right? (I'm currently Dangerous).

Yes you get points per kill depending upon your combat rank compared to your foes. At dangerous if you kill anyone below Competent you won't get any credit for it XP wise.

Soldato
Seriously people, if you don't like the game, go post somewhere else....

I'm well aware of its flaws, but it's the only decent space game out there and I enjoy playing it and will continue to play it no matter what a few trolls keep posting.

Soldato
Thargoids have attacked several stations in the Pleiades, evacuation operations are ongoing, you'll need heat sinks and bulk passenger cabins, looks like things are escalating...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom